Diamond is Day to Day for Lady Vols | The Boneyard

Diamond is Day to Day for Lady Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm sure she'll be OK. A great talent that will surely propel the Lady Vols this season. It's good for the game for Tennessee to get back in the mix. I think we should schedule a regular season matchup since they are a top 10 team just about every year, and it seems silly to duck 10% of the top 10 every season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She hasn't been ruled out for Sunday so far.
Mercedes looked good on Monday.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm sure she'll be OK. A great talent that will surely propel the Lady Vols this season. It's good for the game for Tennessee to get back in the mix. I think we should schedule a regular season matchup since they are a top 10 team just about every year, and it seems silly to duck 10% of the top 10 every season.
Y'know, it's not often I disagree or question 100% of a post that makes 5 different points in their argument. But, there's nothing in this that I can support, even to be polite.

Reaction Score

Duck ? Hardly. Choose another verb.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
“I don’t think it’s a setback,” Warlick said. “We’re just taking it day to day. She knows her body. We’re going off what she’s telling us.”

Reaction Score
i think Holly is being VERY careful with DD. i would note that DD almost got UNC to the FF when she was very injured. She is able to play through injuries but I think TN is looking at the long picture not whether she can play against low level teams.

as for Mercedes, she didn't even look like the same person. several people in the crowd were STUNNED at her new speed and ability. not sure I have ever seen a player have surgery and come out looking so much better with movement. it is usually the opposite. that being said, i hope Holly doesn't play her to death. we are very limited in the post. there is no FF without a healthy Mercedes.

Reaction Score
UCONN isn't ducking them, they are waiting for them at the dance. Just seems TENN can't seem to find a way to get there. :)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Why get all masochistic about heaping more on to the schedule? UConn's already playing likely the toughest schedule in WCBB history with the 2-3-4 from last year, 5 of the preseason top 10, plus 3 or 4 more games against ranked teams. The Huskies seem to be doing more than their share to bring exciting battles of top teams to the market and doesn't really need games against faded legends whose conference has sent one team to the FF in the last 7 years and still hasn't won any during that span. Most of us are no longer stuck (rhymes with duck) back in 2008 anymore, and the Huskies seemed to have zeroed in pretty well on who are the best teams to play in modern times, though obviously long ago UTenn did serve some purpose.

Reaction Score
Looks like DD is the coach and Warlick is the player, LOL
I have to agree. In Diamond's interviews, she frequently discuses her role as a coach and motivator. It almost seems like she's setting herself up to take over from Holly if her leg injuries are chronic.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is a top 10 team. Sorry if that ruffles some feathers. I want to play and beat every top 10 team. And then do it again in the tourney just to be sure.

Reaction Score
That ship has sailed.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Why get all masochistic about heaping more on to the schedule? UConn's already playing likely the toughest schedule in WCBB history with the 2-3-4 from last year, 5 of the preseason top 10, plus 3 or 4 more games against ranked teams. The Huskies seem to be doing more than their share to bring exciting battles of top teams to the market and doesn't really need games against faded legends whose conference has sent one team to the FF in the last 7 years and still hasn't won any during that span. Most of us are no longer stuck (rhymes with duck) back in 2008 anymore, and the Huskies seemed to have zeroed in pretty well on who are the best teams to play in modern times, though obviously long ago UTenn did serve some purpose.
Right. Take that argument to Baylor with their bs OOC schedule.

Reaction Score
I wish Diamond a complete recovery and really hope she can play up to her potential. I believe she is one of those marquee players that as a fan I enjoy to watch. On another note I have read some speculation that the reason UT is not signing any recruits is because of Diamond. Thoughts ?

Reaction Score
Tennessee is a top 10 team. Sorry if that ruffles some feathers. I want to play and beat every top 10 team. And then do it again in the tourney just to be sure.

You dream much? Like most Vol Fans you are delusional!

Reaction Score
No feathers here. Whether the Boneyard wants to play Tn or not--only Geno shall decide if and when, as long as he is coach. Right now, from all that was said or written, no home and home with Tn.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Day to day from Holly means....? A healthy DD is good for the game, but for now any report from Holly is more a prayer than a genuine prognosis.

You couldn't get the video from Godspell?

Reaction Score
You dream much? Like most Vol Fans you are delusional!

Hey, don't knock a great state like ---delusional, it can be a great state --remember the ant that can't move the rubber tree plant?? He had High hopes (delusional).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom