December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Day 3 of the Nike TOC:

We almost chose to post a milk carton image and ask if anyone had seen the missing Olivia Miles we’ve been watching the past couple of years. For the second week in a row something seems amiss with one of the premier playmakers in the scholastic game. We saw flashes and moments Friday and the effort is always there, but it was far from the relentless attack that lets her create and improve options for teammates like no other player in a high school uniform. The shot and form looks good more often than not but a completely uncharacteristic wide open air ball raised more than one set of eyebrows on the sidelines. Miles has instincts and skills that are natural and god given. She has the things that you can’t teach. It’s seemed completely out of character to see her so retrained in her attack. Granted the competition was elite…but then again…in the opinion of this coach…so is she. Looking forward to seeing her again!

Reaction Score
Day 3 of the Nike TOC:

We almost chose to post a milk carton image and ask if anyone had seen the missing Olivia Miles we’ve been watching the past couple of years. For the second week in a row something seems amiss with one of the premier playmakers in the scholastic game. We saw flashes and moments Friday and the effort is always there, but it was far from the relentless attack that lets her create and improve options for teammates like no other player in a high school uniform. The shot and form looks good more often than not but a completely uncharacteristic wide open air ball raised more than one set of eyebrows on the sidelines. Miles has instincts and skills that are natural and god given. She has the things that you can’t teach. It’s seemed completely out of character to see her so retrained in her attack. Granted the competition was elite…but then again…in the opinion of this coach…so is she. Looking forward to seeing her again!

I watched Olivia Miles’ Blair Academy team get smoked by Cardoso’s Hamilton Heights team yesterday in PHX. Gotta say I didn’t see that “wow” factor in Miles at all. She was clearly the team leader, but had some throwaway passes and seemed to play sorta lackadaisically...?

1576939469926.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Day 3 of the Nike TOC:

yike's.............that's one of the more negative reviews I've read on a top talent in a long while...................I suspect most good players go through funks, it's a shame her's took place on a big stage.............

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
yike's.............that's one of the more negative reviews I've read on a top talent in a long while...................I suspect most good players go through funks, it's a shame her's took place on a big stage.............
i've not been following her, etc, but she might have a touch of the flu, ya know, or romantic woes, or somethin like that ..l

Reaction Score
Watching Lauren Betts and her Grandview team at the TOC. Between Betts and 6’3” Addison O’Grady they make Corona Centennial look like Lilliputians. Weird game - Centennial got out to a 10-1 lead, their assistant coach got ejected with 2 T’s, Grandview caught up, now getting blown out again.

Betts is more skilled than Cardoso and moves pretty well for 6’7”, but I’m not seeing anything Griner-like here. Just a sophomore tho...

1576949828440.jpeg

Reaction Score
Is that Holly? Lol
Haha. Don't think so - there was the usual separate "College Coaches" section, but only one guy was sitting there - old guy with a big camera. This is the 4th (last) day of the tournament - suspect most coaches saw what they needed to and got outta here already.

Reaction Score
@j66kicker Betts is noticeable thicker in the shoulders and lower body than she was over this past summer at USA basketball.
She's not as thick as Cardoso, but she's not skinny. Not exactly 'cut' yet, but from her posture I suspect she's been pumping iron. Just think - in 3 more years she'll be in college...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brandon Clay on the Nike TOC:

In the same matchup, Rayah Marshall of Lynwood HS (CA) made a mark of her own. Marshall has long been seen as a premier talent but is starting to round into a true elite level prospect.

Her class and teammate, Olivia Miles is a wizard with the ball in her hands. Her vision is special. She’s really improved her outside shooting too and is comfortable letting the 3-pointer fly.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nike TOC Day 3.

Isuneh Brady scored 18 points to help Cathedral Catholic go 4-0. She was named to the all-tournament team in her division.

Aaliyah Edwards and UConn players of interest Olivia Miles, Judea Watkins, and Timea Gardiner also made all-tournament teams.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nike TOC Day 3.
Isuneh Brady scored 18 points to help Cathedral Catholic go 4-0. She was named to the all-tournament team in her division.
Aaliyah Edwards and UConn players of interest Olivia Miles, Judea Watkins, and Timea Gardiner also made all-tournament teams.
Dominique Darius made the all tournament team and is listed at 6'1". I'm hoping that really is the case. Have always liked her leaderships.defense, and ability to play the role of Robin next to a batman type like Miles.
Doubtful that UCONN is interested Darius but she is going to make some team very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom