Darwin never saw an Internet message board | The Boneyard

Darwin never saw an Internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There should be a designated "best and brightest" thread after losses for the creme de la creme to hang out in and exchange pearls of wisdom.

For example, a late, great coach I knew had a quote that I think more or less sums up this evening:

"Every now and then, you have one of those nights when it seems like you just can't catch a break. This wasn't one of those nights. Tonight we just sucked."

He might have paraphrased Confucius, though.

Reaction Score
I hate this site after a loss. The best and brightest hide, and the idiots take over.
You would think we were 1-9 instead of 9-1. You should have a "dislike" button available after a loss.

Reaction Score
There should be a designated "best and brightest" thread after losses for the creme de la creme to hang out in and exchange pearls of wisdom.

Do you really think that would stop STB and others, even perhaps myself? Hell it would be 1 or 2 self glorified posters. A better move may be to see who steps away from the keyboard for 12 hours.

Anyway this is nothing new around here, we shouldn't be shocked.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
temery said:
I hate this site after a loss. The best and brightest hide, and the idiots take over.

I think a loss just shows the overwhelming number of idiots on message boards, that goes for all boards not just this one. It's like anything, people are much more vocal when they can b*tch about something. I think it's human nature. It's like product reviews on the internet, the people who are happy with it just move on, where as the people who are upset need to vent to make themselves feel better.

No Escalators

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I try not to post after a loss, until the next morning. Too much reactionary emotion.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's funny how people act so disgusted about what people say on an anonymous internet sports message board after a loss.

Just by showing up here in the first place kind of confirms you're a lunatic.

Source: Here all day; I am a lunatic.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, if the rule is that one must have rose colored glasses, post only the good and ignore the very bad, why don't we just call this the rah rah yard? Nobody I know on this board claims to be a better coach than KO. The fact is, our 2nd half O (being generous in using the designation O) was horrendous. Anyone who watches as much hoops as most of us do understands what ball movement and player movement needs to be against an aggressive zone. There was no adjustment to it at all, which was very disappointing. You can't get away with 2 guys dribbling for 15 or 20 of the seconds in a possession against a zone and we all know it. There were very few unforced shots. Nobody expects us to win every game, but we can hope for a better reaction to what the other team is throwing at us. We are an imperfect team to begin with because of the lack of a real post presence, at least at the moment. When you consider we scored 13 points, with 3 or 4 being foul shots and two being an improbable put back by Daniels, pretty weak stuff. Too bad, because the defense was pretty good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know, I like hearing about all these random guys on the Internet who know more about coaching than, say, Kevin Ollie.
Guy on Internet: "Here's how to attack a zone, KO."
Ollie: "Man, I wish random Internet guy was on our bench."

There's plenty of guys who used to say that about JC...and he's in the Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
This needs to be pinned to the top please...holy crap if this post is not dead on I don't know what is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would just like to mention that I am better than almost all of you.

(I'm actually better than all of you, but, alas, I'm also modest.)

Reaction Score
I would just like to mention that I am better than almost all of you.

(I'm actually better than all of you, but, alas, I'm also modest.)
Well according to Tom you should be hiding, and since you are posting with the rest of us idiots, well.......................................

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
youre_welcome001.gif

Reaction Score
William Butler Yeats
"The Second Coming of the Boneyard"

Turning and turning in bed after Omar's front-rimmer
The coaches cannot hear the internet strategists;
Things fall apart; the centers cannot shoot;
Panic is loosed upon the court,
The ghosts of Oriakhi are loosed, and