Dangerfield commits to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Dangerfield commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Sure you can. Even the dullest of the Husky fans will get tired of lame "respect" jokes and puns over the next two years, hopefully sooner. I mean, enough is, like, enough. I guess we should just be grateful that her last name is not Youngman.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sure you can. Even the dullest of the Husky fans will get tired of lame "respect" jokes and puns over the next two years, hopefully sooner. I mean, enough is, like, enough. I guess we should just be grateful that her last name is not Youngman.
Be glad her first name ain't Emo.

Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck will still be wearing #3 during Crystal's freshman year, else Crystal Dangerfield could really be Crystal Dangerfield

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Those jokes aren't going to stop with a Crystal Dangerfield handle. At the very least you shorten it to Danger.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Actually, I just took a short tour through VolNation, and the consensus among the LV faithful seems to be that them grapes were prolly sour anyway; they have Cooper and what more could you ask for and besides it was fear of having to play behind Cooper that caused Crystal Dangerfield to not climb Rocky Top. (Truth to tell, there were a couple of dissenters who pointed out what a load of rubbish that is. There ARE some sensible LV fans. I have always said that it is only the lunatic fringe over yonder that gives the other ten per cent a bad name.) :cool:

Even the ones that have mentioned Cooper stated that UConn has seemed to be Dangerfield's favorite, along with her love for MoJeff. Fans simply couldn't understand how someone could grow up in TN and not want to go to their state school. I think it's a reasonable question, but certainly not realistic to think it's an automatic that all TN girls grow up adoring the Lady Vols, just as all Connecticut girls do not grow up adoring UConn. Many were stating that Holly lost any possibility of landing Dangerfield after Cooper committed. What this means is that Holly may have had a long shot initially, but that long shot quickly diminished to a Zero % chance after Cooper came on board. Many fans don't seem to understand the impact of having others on the roster already, but the more reasonable fans have pointed out that existing rosters definitely impact the decision. So yes, it's highly possible that TN went from having a 25% chance to 0% with the commitment of Cooper. There has been nobody that has stated she would have chosen TN if there were no Cooper. Some fans have even questioned why any elite recruit would fear coming in behind another one, as if this means that recruit is scared to compete. This is nothing but their not understanding the minds of these top flight players and has nothing to do with sour grapes. It was quickly pointed out that T'ea is extremely talented herself and she most likely wouldn't lose the reigns to anyone, because she is that good.

At the end of the day, both programs have top flight point guards in the upcoming years. It's very reasonable for fans to want to discuss the loss of in state talent. I have noticed a similar discussion here about a Connecticut young lady. Just because a fan doesn't understand the minds of a teen or the inner workings of recruiting, that doesn't make them a lunatic.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

. . . or Rickels.

Reaction Score
If a girl really wants to go a school, she will go there no matter who is playing in front of her. Andraya Carter still chose Tennessee even though they had signed the Chosen One Ariel Massengale the year before. Having Massengale didn't stop Pat and Co from going after 2012 pgs like Carter, Alexis Jones, Jordan Adams, and Bria Smith. MeMe Jackson is still committed to Tenn despite having all of those 2014 guards/wings in front of her and National Freshmen of the year SG/W Diamond DeShields transferring to Tenn.

All programs have been guilty of doing this whenever a top instate recruit chooses another school over them.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
If a girl really wants to go a school, she will go there no matter who is playing in front of her. Andraya Carter still chose Tennessee even though they had signed the Chosen One Ariel Massengale the year before. Having Massengale didn't stop Pat and Co from going after 2012 pgs like Carter, Alexis Jones, Jordan Adams, and Bria Smith. MeMe Jackson is still committed to Tenn despite having all of those 2014 guards/wings in front of her and National Freshmen of the year SG/W Diamond DeShields transferring to Tenn.

All programs have been guilty of doing this whenever a top instate recruit chooses another school over them.

Not true. Andraya is a combo-guard. Dangerfield and Cooper and Durr have all stated throughout their recruiting process that they only want to play point guard. They have no interest in being moving over to shooting guard. Had Durr signed with UConn, I highly doubt Dangerfield would be at UConn. Pure point guards are not like wings, who are players that can play several positions. Pure point guards want the ball in the their hands. They are the quarterback of the team. Similar to football, you can have several top running backs on one team, because there is such a thing as running back by committee. In football, the top quarterbacks will not follow each other to the same program, no matter how much they like that other school. Currently, TN has only 1 pure point guard. When Cooper arrives, there will also be just 1, since Ariel will be gone. All of the others you mentioned are combos.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wonder how our UT visitors explain stuff like this....

Christina Kalbaugh @TINA_babbyy · 19h 19 hours ago
Congrats For committing to UCONN ever since 7th grade since we've been friends you have told me u wanted to go there
1f60d.png

Crystal Dangerfield

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is basically a confirmation by Crystal that she's wanted to come to UCONN since she was in 7th grade. Shouldn't this put all the "Cooper" rationale to rest?
Of course not. Some fans never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory...!

Congrats For committing to UCONN ever since 7th grade since we've been friends you have told me u wanted to go there
1f60d.png

Crystal Dangerfield
And yet they persist. It's like if you study philosophy. "If A, then B. If B, then C. Therefore If A, then C". But the problem in their argument is the equation is parallel, not linear. Even if Cooper had chosen a different school, no way was Dangerfield going to Tennessee. It's POSSIBLE that the reason Tennessee never even made her top 5 list was because Cooper committed, but she was never going to Tennessee anyway.

That's the whole crux of the debate that I just don't get why Tennessee fans keep perpetuating. But it's one of those things where I guess they have read it enough times on their board that by osmosis, it must be true.

Bottom line Dangerfield was always most interested in UCONN. Tennessee was never a serious player, with or without Cooper. That is the point UCONN fans keep trying to make and Tennessee fans seem to keep missing.

It's similar to the excuses they use for Maya Moore. "She came to UCONN because Geno bought Maya's mom a house". Seriously? No, she came to UCONN (and spurned Tennessee) because she wanted to win multiple NC's, be the best she could be, loved her teammates, and loved the coach and the coaching staff. But some of their fans have spewed that so much that they, and others, actually believe it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

1f60d.png

Crystal Dangerfield

I really don't see anything to explain. She likes UCONN and selected a top school. :)

If the state of CT had the same number of elite girls basketball players as TN does, Geno would not get every single recruit. Not sure if he recruited Bria Holmes, but she should be a Husky. She is the real deal and from CT. Also, TN's current roster and commits include four players from the state of TN.....Graves, Harrison, Middleton, and MeMe Jackson. They get their share of homegrown talent.

I can tell you this. There's not a TN fan I know of who would trade Cooper for another PG. That's the truth, whether that preference is warranted or not. It would be a VERY exciting game to see Dangerfield (a TN girl playing for UCONN) going against Cooper (a GA girl). It will be a fight. They are both talented and tenacious.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If the state of CT had the same number of elite girls basketball players as TN does
, Geno would not get every single recruit. Not sure if he recruited Bria Holmes, but she should be a Husky. She is the real deal and from CT. Also, TN's current roster and commits include four players from the state of TN.....Graves, Harrison, Middleton, and MeMe Jackson. They get their share of homegrown talent.

Define elite.

Reaction Score
Define elite.
No parsing please. Change the word "elite" to "top-rated, super talented, highly ranked" or whatever....you get the point. ;) There is a ton of high school talent in the state of TN. That's just the truth.

In fact, Dangerfield, along with MeMe Jackson, a TN commit, played for Blackman, who ended last season as the #1 high school team in the nation. Riverdale, Alexa Middleton's old high school is a national powerhouse as well.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We have really got to get this settled. If the Rodney jokes (which weren't really all that funny when Rodney told them) go on much longer, the mental health of the Boneyard will be in serious danger (no pun intended). Please, somebody clever, maybe whoever coined MoJet, come up with something we can all agree on. The only things that occur to me (who am not all that clever) other than Crystal Dangerfield, which I think is a natural, is maybe "the Blaze", or "Blazer" (her HS team is the Blaze) or mebbe just plain Danger. Or something. Quick. (And PLEASE, no meth jokes. The Rodney warm-overs are bad enough. Plenty bad enough.)

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to hear what Geno calls her (a la "Stewie", "D", "K", etc.).

Maybe if he gets 6'9" Fefe, he'll have a couple height-related nicknames for them

Reaction Score
Not true. Andraya is a combo-guard. Dangerfield and Cooper and Durr have all stated throughout their recruiting process that they only want to play point guard. They have no interest in being moving over to shooting guard. Had Durr signed with UConn, I high my doubt Dangerfield would be at UConn. Pure point guards arle not like wings, who are players that can play several positions. Pure point guards want the ball in the their hands. They are the quarterback of the team. Similar to football, you can have several top running backs on one team, because there is such a thing as running back by committee. In football, the top quarterbacks will not follow each other to the same program, no matter how much they like that other school. Currently, TN has only 1 pure point guard. When Cooper arrives, there will also be just 1, since Ariel will be gone. All of the others you mentioned are combos.
Here's some quarterbacks I thought off that did just that.
Cam Newton, Tim Tebow- Florida St.
Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray- Georgia
Matt Flynn, Jordan Jefferson- LSU
Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon- NC State
Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady- Michigan
The quarterbacks of the Miami dynasty of 1980s and 90s
The quarterbacks of the Steve Spurrier era of Florida
The quarterbacks of the Pete Carroll era of Southern Cal

I could go on and on but you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom