Curry | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NBA - gotta love it. Watched some of the Celts game and between LeBron and Kyrie they traveled 5 times each without a call one being when Kyrie got fouled on the third step, but hey no travel lol. And LeBron was stopped with a hug and flopped so they called it intentional even after they reviewed it. After March Madness it's unwatchable.

These posts are boring. No one cares. Although I gotta laugh at the balls on a college basketball fan to call the NBA playoffs "unwatchable."

Reaction Score
These posts are boring. No one cares. Although I gotta laugh at the balls on a college basketball fan to call the NBA playoffs "unwatchable."

To each his own Cracky. If they're so boring do your wonderful self a favor and don't read it. It's only an opinion and should mean very little to you. Actually your arrogant rant in reply is fairly bring to me but who cares?

Read something less boring, there's a concept and reply to that!

I will add that since this thread was about Curry, he is beyond exciting to watch. I don't tune in much but he's made himself into a player who you just can't guard. Amazing how far from Davidson he's come.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NBA playoffs is the ultimate lesson learned. The Warriors blew a playoff game against the Spurs 2 years ago when they were up 15 with 5 minutes left. Last night they showed they learned that lesson.

Reaction Score
Pretty much the perfect compliment to Drummond since he won't clog up the lane and can work as a stretch 4 but seeing how important he is to GSW I can't see them letting him go.

Warriors can match any offer for Draymond. He isn't going anywhere

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
He was way better and more dynamic earlier in his career but I still only thought his handle was mediocre for a guard even during his best years in Seattle. He could still get pretty much everywhere he wanted to on the court because his athleticism was superior back then but he always had a high dribble.

No, I totally agree. It's just that sometimes you can tell some people never saw him back then. He wasn't a premier ball handler but he could pretty much do whatever he wanted on the court. It's hard to believe what he was without going back and watching it. He was a beautiful basketball player. His handle wasn't too suspect at all until he slowed down, then it was magnified. Even then, if you go watch him back then, he had much better skills with the ball than anything you'd ever imagine if you only started watching in the Celtic years.

Reaction Score
NBA playoffs is the ultimate lesson learned. The Warriors blew a playoff game against the Spurs 2 years ago when they were up 15 with 5 minutes left. Last night they showed they learned that lesson.

What's the lesson? Don't let the other team win when you're winning? If you're losing, score way more points than the other team?

Reaction Score
I think Curry definitely passes Ray as the "best shooter ever" for anyone who even considers Ray as that. A lot of people still say Reggie, and the argument can be made.

That being said, I won't have Ray being denigrated in this thread. At his best, he was one of the very best and most efficient scorers in the league. He never got the hype that an Iverson got because he didn't use up so many possessions, but he was a much, much more valuable player. Unfortunately, the best Prime Ray ever did in the postseason was lead a team to the ECF, where his team was hosed by bad frontcourt play and worse officiating. He outplayed Iverson by an enormous margin in that series, and he deserved to be the one to go get spanked by the Lakers in the Finals.

Iverson got hype because he led to Dikembe Mutombo, Tyrone Hill, Aaron McKie, and Jumaine Jones to the Finals. So I think the front court excuse is a little weak, and I don't think efficiency stats are as valuable when you consider the context of what both players had surrounding them. As impressive as LeBron's 2007 run is, that '01 Sixers supporting cast is worse. And the Sixers got a game off the Lakers.

Reaction Score
What's the lesson? Don't let the other team win when you're winning? If you're losing, score way more points than the other team?

Lesson? You never think you've won the game. The Pelicans first relaxed and then got tight and blew the game.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
On flopping. During quarter breaks, refs should review flops and then penalize the obvious flopping team a technical at start of next quarter and opposing team gets a free throw.
During fourth quarter, television review guys in NJ review any possible flops with two minutes left and access technical at two minute mark. This will stop flopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom