Curry | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching Monty Williams coach is pure torture. I'm amazed at how some of these guys can keep jobs in the NBA.

GSW went smallball to start the 4th and the game was over. Williams matched their lineup and credit to Steve Smith, he immediately said, "I don't think you want to match smallball-with-smallball against the Warriors". The amazing part of the comeback was that GSW didn't shoot the ball that well, it's not like they simply caught fire. Ten offensive boards in one quarter - that's crazy. No Asik and no Ryan Anderson for good stretches. It was The Brow and four guys who couldn't rebound and got out-hustled. Their offensive execution was mind boggling too. That late quick-three that Eric Gordon took while off-balance coming off a dribble handoff. Good grief.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Pcket's and Superjohn's kiddie fight is ridiculous.
Anyway, Curry has improved his game so much since coming to the league. He came in known as a creative and extremely accurate shooter who would be a JJ Reddick with a bit more athleticism.
He has turned into a very good ball handler, someone who has expanded his court vision that has helped him become a creative passer and he is not afraid to bang inside for a rebound but also has learned and recognizes the bounce of the ball off the rim and can position himself for the rebound.
He reminds me or should I say Bazz reminds me a bit of Curry but by no means is Bazz even close to being the outside threat.
Who is better Ray or Seth? Two different players - Seth has on ball responsibilities, Ray never did. Ray looks prettier on his shot but not a quick with it as Seth.
Both will be in Springfield (barring a career ending injury for Curry) in their due time.

Reaction Score
I think Curry definitely passes Ray as the "best shooter ever" for anyone who even considers Ray as that. A lot of people still say Reggie, and the argument can be made.

That being said, I won't have Ray being denigrated in this thread. At his best, he was one of the very best and most efficient scorers in the league. He never got the hype that an Iverson got because he didn't use up so many possessions, but he was a much, much more valuable player. Unfortunately, the best Prime Ray ever did in the postseason was lead a team to the ECF, where his team was hosed by bad frontcourt play and worse officiating. He outplayed Iverson by an enormous margin in that series, and he deserved to be the one to go get spanked by the Lakers in the Finals.

Reaction Score
Pcket's and Superjohn's kiddie fight is ridiculous.
Anyway, Curry has improved his game so much since coming to the league. He came in known as a creative and extremely accurate shooter who would be a JJ Reddick with a bit more athleticism.
He has turned into a very good ball handler, someone who has expanded his court vision that has helped him become a creative passer and he is not afraid to bang inside for a rebound but also has learned and recognizes the bounce of the ball off the rim and can position himself for the rebound.
He reminds me or should I say Bazz reminds me a bit of Curry but by no means is Bazz even close to being the outside threat.
Who is better Ray or Seth? Two different players - Seth has on ball responsibilities, Ray never did. Ray looks prettier on his shot but not a quick with it as Seth.
Both will be in Springfield (barring a career ending injury for Curry) in their due time.
Steph, Seth is the brother in the DLeague

Reaction Score
monty williams needs to get fired. for some reason he has this affinity to trot out asik and davis at the same time, in crunch time... days ago , davis was quoted talking about how much ryan anderson opens up the floor for him. not only that, anderson had like 4 straight FGs last night then went multiple possessions without a touch.

Reaction Score
Curry has good handles but best in the league? Come on now...Tyreke Evans has better handles than Curry

Reaction Score
gtcam said:
Pcket's and Superjohn's kiddie fight is ridiculous. Anyway, Curry has improved his game so much since coming to the league. He came in known as a creative and extremely accurate shooter who would be a JJ Reddick with a bit more athleticism. He has turned into a very good ball handler, someone who has expanded his court vision that has helped him become a creative passer and he is not afraid to bang inside for a rebound but also has learned and recognizes the bounce of the ball off the rim and can position himself for the rebound. He reminds me or should I say Bazz reminds me a bit of Curry but by no means is Bazz even close to being the outside threat. Who is better Ray or Seth? Two different players - Seth has on ball responsibilities, Ray never did. Ray looks prettier on his shot but not a quick with it as Seth. Both will be in Springfield (barring a career ending injury for Curry) in their due time.

Ray had the ball all the time in Seattle. He was a different player back then, and his release was very fast. Ray's handle and ability to create with the ball was light-years ahead of what we've seen of him in the last six or seven years. Look back at old Sonic highlights, Ray played point a lot of the time. It is such a shame that Ray's years in the spotlight, were way past his prime.

Reaction Score
I'll school you a little more son, Ray's title as greatest shooter will be short lived. It's just another thing everyone who watches the NBA knows except for you. Stop talking about the NBA, you just embarrass yourself.

Arrogance personified.

You are the same Joe/John that didn't know who Rick Barry was (nor the family string through several offspring).

Reaction Score
Arrogance personified.

You are the same Joe/John that didn't know who Rick Barry was (nor the family string through several offspring).
Dude, wtf are you talking about? Of course I know Rick Barry, he was one of the all-time greatest scorers and pricks to ever play the game. I was a big fan of Brent "Bones" Barry when he was at Oregon State and used to catch half court alley oops, later in his career he played much more like his older brother Jon when the hops left him and Tony Parker was nailing his wife, I even remember when the Celtics drafted Jon and my dad told me the only reason they drafted him is because he's white. I know all about Scooter too even though I never saw him play, nice seeing Canyon bring back his dad's granny ft's. I might be an arrogant but don't tell me I don't know basketball or Rick Barry.

Reaction Score
Ray had the ball all the time in Seattle. He was a different player back then, and his release was very fast. Ray's handle and ability to create with the ball was light-years ahead of what we've seen of him in the last six or seven years. Look back at old Sonic highlights, Ray played point a lot of the time. It is such a shame that Ray's years in the spotlight, were way past his prime.
He was way better and more dynamic earlier in his career but I still only thought his handle was mediocre for a guard even during his best years in Seattle. He could still get pretty much everywhere he wanted to on the court because his athleticism was superior back then but he always had a high dribble.

Reaction Score
Without major injuries, he'll be up over 2500 after five more seasons. Chasing Ray's record isn't all that far down the road.
with currys ankles as fragile as a China along with getting older he would be lucky to finish close to Ray.

Reaction Score
with currys ankles as fragile as a China along with getting older he would be lucky to finish close to Ray.
curry has started atleast 74 games in every other year not counting his injury plagued one. wouldn't call him fragile anymore.

curry has 270+ threes every year the past three years, allens never done it once. curry is 26. this isn't rocket science, he is the goat shooter

Reaction Score
As ace pointed out that's old news, if you want to go there you could also say Ray had fragile ankles. Curry was by far the quickest to 1000 threes, he now just has a competition with himself breaking his own season marks. There has to be some catastrophic injury or he simply just decides to quit basketball for him not to break Ray's record, without that happening Curry will shatter Ray's record.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Looks like another NBA coaching job is about to open.
How does a 280 lb guy waltz across the court and shuffle the ball to Curry without getting hammered?

It helped that he just walked across the court without bothering to dribble.

Reaction Score
Draymond green...rebounds like a big...versatile can guard almost every position and allows GS to become the best small ball team...what a game changer for them....it will be interesting to see but I think a few teams might offer him close to a max contract this summer....I wouldn't but some team will

Reaction Score
Draymond green...rebounds like a big...versatile can guard almost every position and allows GS to become the best small ball team...what a game changer for them....it will be interesting to see but I think a few teams might offer him close to a max contract this summer....I wouldn't but some team will
He's an awesome player. Drummond said he wants the Pistons to get him and I expect they go after him.

Reaction Score
He's an awesome player. Drummond said he wants the Pistons to get him and I expect they go after him.
Pretty much the perfect compliment to Drummond since he won't clog up the lane and can work as a stretch 4 but seeing how important he is to GSW I can't see them letting him go.

Reaction Score
draymond green should be embarrassed by that egregious flop last night. sad thing is league can't really do anything about it. suspending is too much and a fine is meaningless in a playoff scenario. harrison barnes joined in on the flopping as well

Reaction Score
The NBA - gotta love it. Watched some of the Celts game and between LeBron and Kyrie they traveled 5 times each without a call one being when Kyrie got fouled on the third step, but hey no travel lol. And LeBron was stopped with a hug and flopped so they called it intentional even after they reviewed it. After March Madness it's unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom