Curry | The Boneyard

Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What a choke by the Pelicans

I don't think he got hit. He contorted his body to draw a foul call. He's amazing though. Fun team to watch.

Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Ray's Greatest Shootest Ever title will be short lived. Only thing really missing from Curry's resume was some playoff clutchiness.
there's just something about a last second 3 from the left corner

Reaction Score
Ray's Greatest Shootest Ever title will be short lived. Only thing really missing from Curry's resume was some playoff clutchiness.

Relax. Ray's shot swung a title, this shot swung a 1st round series from 2-1 to 3-0.

Reaction Score
Relax. Ray's shot swung a title, this shot swung a 1st round series from 2-1 to 3-0.
I'll school you a little more son, Ray's title as greatest shooter will be short lived. It's just another thing everyone who watches the NBA knows except for you. Stop talking about the NBA, you just embarrass yourself.

Reaction Score
PcketknfNiels said:

More just commenting that Curry is on his way to taking that title regardless - in the abstract sense anyway. Perhaps injuries keep him from 3000, or perhaps he never wins a ring, but he'll probably be considered the GOAT shooting-wise.

Reaction Score
I'll school you a little more son, Ray's title as greatest shooter will be short lived. It's just another thing everyone who watches the NBA knows except for you. Stop talking about the NBA, you just embarrass yourself.

Entirely possible Curry passes him some day, Ray has close to 3000 career 3s, Curry is somewhere like 1300 though. Ray also has probably the most clutch, biggest either/or shot ever on his resume.

At this point you're clearly just trying too hard and it's just sad.

Reaction Score
More just commenting that Curry is on his way to taking that title regardless - in the abstract sense anyway. Perhaps injuries keep him from 3000, or perhaps he never wins a ring, but he'll probably be considered the GOAT shooting-wise.

Entirely possible Curry goes down as the goat, I guess I read it as individual shots rather than career body of work. Still way too soon to start seriously throwing Curry on that level though, he still needs to build his resume at this point.

Reaction Score
Entirely possible Curry goes down as the goat, I guess I read it as individual shots rather than career body of work. Still way too soon to start seriously throwing Curry on that level though, he still needs to build his resume at this point.
You're one of those fools who has to wait until he passes him. Once Curry reaches 3000 threes you will concede he is the greatest shooter, do you know how stupid this line of thinking is? Curry broke the single season three record last season and then broke his own record this season. He has the ball in his hands every possession and having the best handle in the league (along with Kyrie) he can get a three off anytime he wants from any spot on the floor, Ray's handle was mediocre at best so he had to run through screens and depend on others to get open. Ray was an amazing shooter and was the best but everyone concedes it's Curry now.

Reaction Score
PcketknfNiels said:

I just meant that the only thing he didn't really have going for him as a shooter was clutch shots, and he has a couple now. That part of his resume is still being built.

In the regular season, he's shooting threes at a ridiculous clip. Making over 250 every year now on 44-45 percent shooting. Without major injuries, he'll be up over 2500 after five more seasons. Chasing Ray's record isn't all that far down the road.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Curry is a great clutch shooter, but New Orleans threw away the game and the series, by not following up 3 with less than 5 seconds to play.

Reaction Score
Curry is a great clutch shooter, but New Orleans threw away the game and the series, by not following up 3 with less than 5 seconds to play.
Pelicans lost game because they couldn't get a defensive rebound in 4th.

Reaction Score
Entirely possible Curry passes him some day, Ray has close to 3000 career 3s, Curry is somewhere like 1300 though. Ray also has probably the most clutch, biggest either/or shot ever on his resume.

At this point you're clearly just trying too hard and it's just sad.

Steph grew up around Ray while he played with Dell, when Ray attended our 99 title game he brought Dell Curry with him.

Records are made to be broken if Curry breaks it good for him it won't take anything away from Ray, he will be in the HOF by then, when Curry gets into the HOF I can see Ray introducing him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Curry over the last three seasons has shot 44% from three on eight attempts per game. That's absolutely comical. Ray, during his peak, was at about 40% on a similar volume of shots.

The one thing Ray has going for him is that he's a 40% career three point shooter in the playoffs while Curry is only 38%. But that will likely change as Curry accumulates more experience.

They're obviously much different players - Allen was probably more artful using screens away from the ball, but Curry has the entire repertoire of shots out there. It's ridiculous to watch. I've never seen a more relaxed range of motion from a shooter, it's just so effortless for him.

Reaction Score
True, Curry is one of the league's greatest shooters, but will he ever lead Golden St to an NBA title. That's what measures greatness.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What a choke by the Pelicans

I don't think he got hit. He contorted his body to draw a foul call. He's amazing though. Fun team to watch.

I take it back - he did get hit, but he definitely did try to draw contact

Reaction Score
That play was interesting for so many reasons...Speights blatant travel on the rebound and pass, Pondexter complete defensive lapse against the best shooter in the league and Curry always makes you pay. Kid is unreal.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Looks like another NBA coaching job is about to open.
How does a 280 lb guy waltz across the court and shuffle the ball to Curry without getting hammered?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If ollie left last year for GS, I wouldn't be mad at him anymore... The amount of offensive talent on this team is mad.

True, Curry is one of the league's greatest shooters, but will he ever lead Golden St to an NBA title. That's what measures greatness.
Unless you're Eli Manning, his don't count

That play was interesting for so many reasons...Speights blatant travel on the rebound and pass, Pondexter complete defensive lapse against the best shooter in the league and Curry always makes you pay. Kid is unreal.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Reaction Score
What distinguishes Curry is how many of his 3s are taken off the dribble. There are plenty of great shooters who make a living catching and shooting. But I'm not sure if we've ever seen a more prolific deep shooter off the bounce.

Reaction Score
Ray's place in NBA history is etched in stone after the shot he hit against the Spurs - there's a case to be made (a very good case, I might add) that it's the greatest shot in NBA history.

But in a lot of ways, Curry is the most impressive shooter I've ever seen. His ability to free himself up with the dribble and then knock down 3s off the bounce is way beyond Ray's. And that's not a knock on Ray at all - Curry has literally done things I've never seen on a basketball court before.

Regardless, if one person is gonna break Ray's record, it'll hopefully be Curry. He's as likable an athlete as I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom