Crazy Thought | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Crazy Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So @BigErnMcCracken, let's get what you believe on the record here: Do you believe Kevin Ollie is lying, and that he really is interested in the OKC job?

Lol you should know by now that he doesn't actually state his own opinion, he just sits back and takes potshots at everyone that does. Total squid in my book.

Reaction Score
This is beyond insane. A new coach would be recruited from the best available candidates that a very high priced search would produce. What recruit would commit to a HC that would be on the job for a year or two. You cant convince anyone that he could stay longer than two years considering his retirement is already three years old and his past health issues. No doubt he was great but this is ridiculous. I cant believe I bit at it. I'm going to close my head in my car door now.

His bike riding has gotten better with age. http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1130766

Reaction Score
Danny Hurley, URI
Greg Marshall, Wichita State
Archie Miller, Dayton

Marshall just got a big new contract and turned down P5 offers and has Baker/Van Vleet coming back. He's not going anywhere.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Danny Hurley, URI
Greg Marshall, Wichita State
Archie Miller, Dayton

My first call is Mr Hurley if I'm Warde and the situation arises. I would hope not to have to make a second call.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
My first call is Mr Hurley if I'm Warde and the situation arises. I would hope not to have to make a second call.

Seems like we all agree on this. I'm assuming we'd finally start pulling players out of New Jersey at least.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And Calipari is pulling the strings in this one because UConn has been whooping him on the recruiting trail and he wants it to stop, right?
Nice strawman dodge. No one said Calipari was behind this.

The question remains who you think is.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If that occurred, because of the nostalgia of him coming back, and the buzz it would cause in the program, you can bet there would be a huge recruiting bump....Calhoun wouldn't play nice with Calapari!

Calhoun's 72 years old. He's been unplugged from the recruiting scene for nearly 3 years. Nice try.

Reaction Score
So @BigErnMcCracken, let's get what you believe on the record here: Do you believe Kevin Ollie is lying, and that he really is interested in the OKC job?

I'm unclear as to what my answer to that has to do with whether or not the "Ollie to OKC" rumor is being promulgated by, or at the direction of, a coterie of rival coaches, which is the conspiracy du jour that i was responding to. They seem unrelated to me,

But for the record, no, I don't think Ollie's lying, but I also think that if OKC dropped a bomb of an offer on him he'd consider it, as would just about anyone. How about that?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm unclear as to what my answer to that has to do with whether or not the "Ollie to OKC" rumor is being promulgated by, or at the direction of, a coterie of rival coaches, which is the conspiracy du jour that i was responding to. They seem unrelated to me,

But for the record, no, I don't think Ollie's lying, but I also think that if OKC dropped a bomb of an offer on him he'd consider it, as would just about anyone. How about that?

That's fair.

I don't take the other stuff as suggesting direction or conspiracy so much as a convenient grouping of people who have a shared interest here for variety of different reasons. With twitter, no coordination is needed. These things take on a life of their own, and the more people who perpetuate them--for whatever reason--the more critical mass they develop.

Reaction Score
If OKC is intent on getting Ollie then Calhoun needs to step in. Not into the Uconn job, into the OKC job. That way Ollie can stay at Uconn and JC get his NBA ring and then larry brown won't be so special anymore.

Reaction Score
If OKC is intent on getting Ollie then Calhoun needs to step in. Not into the Uconn job, into the OKC job. That way Ollie can stay at Uconn and JC get his NBA ring and then larry brown won't be so special anymore.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer