Couple seasons in, are you used to the new branding? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Couple seasons in, are you used to the new branding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As bland as the C was, it was far more distinctive than the current logo or a paw print or just about anything else.

The reason is there aren't any teams using anything similar. SCAR comes closest, but that's hardly the Michigan winged helmet.

It was also classic in it's design, boring to some, but if you are looking to appear traditional then that's a good way to go. It also matches the current word marks. I assume everyone has noticed that the C in UConn is the very same character.

Style choices. The biggest knock I have with the logo and the helmets is that they were Nike clip art and lack any connection to the tradition at UCONN. The timing almost seems to discard the programs rise to prominence.

Yes, I think it should have remained a white dog.

Reaction Score
The block C still lives on in the font of "UCONN".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean, it's hard to argue that the new logo doesn't look more like a Husky than the old one...

siberian-husky_medium.jpg

My love for the old one is based mostly on nostalgia rather than aesthetics.
5362042564_5ee2ca6822.jpg

Nope, it just looks more like a particular type of husky.

The new Jonathan costume absolutely sucks.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You know Alabamas logo is a cartoon elephant right?
so we are now not talking helmets??

I never say a cartoon Elephant on Alabamas helmets...their logo is an elephant yet, however I think the A is more the logo - but lets agree to disagree - I like the block C and you do not.

Go Huskies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Blaming a logo (husky) for domestic violence or any violence relating to sports is as ignorant as one could be. Cheeky whoever the hell he is as stupid about this as he is on his BB posts.
To be fair, he isn't the originator of this concept.

Linky

Reaction Score
I like the old logo because it represented UConn and I love everything UConn but the new logo is way better. Everyone I've talked to who is not a UConn fan prefers our new logo and thinks the old one was kind of lame.

Reaction Score
I don't love the new logo, but I didn't love the old logo, either. It's fine.

I'm about 10,000 times more concerned about conference alignment and the future of our athletic department. The logo is the least of our problems.

Reaction Score
logo didnt need to be re-branded, why ruin a good thing? Why waste time and money on re-branding when we should have been using the resources to get the hell out of AAC.

Reaction Score
I don 't pay much attention to logo's
But the football helmet screams "Loser"
They should be burnt.

Reaction Score
My only issue with the new logo is that we didn't keep a letter logo as well (we seem to use UCONN written out fully). Most schools have a letter logo and a 'cartoon' logo to go along. We should have kept either the Block C or the interlocking UC that basketball used along with the new Husky logo.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don 't pay much attention to logo's
But the football helmet screams "Loser"
They should be burnt.

The play on the field doesn't help with that.

Reaction Score
I could care less.

But, I would definitely change the helmet. Why? Because we aren't winning games. Got to change that up.

Reaction Score
I am fine with the logo, the mascot costume is totally awful, and I like the court. The court is simple but clean and pops to me. I like the 2-tone wood with the inside of the paint area in a different wood shade. Was watching a game recently with a non-fan who remarked that she really liked the court design, and I like that. Court shouldn't be over-done or busy like the oregon one

no opinion on football... just regret that we have a team since if we didn't maybe we'd be in the fake Big East right now...

Reaction Score
The play on the field doesn't help with that.
Maybe our helmet choice and our play are not mutually exclusive occurrences!
It's difficult to play your best when you are embarrassed. //
Okay
There may be no causal relationship , but our record with those helmets is a fact.
Destroying any symbol of the last few years is a step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
The day that the new logo came out, I tweeted "I'll get used to this once we win a national championship under it."

Well, that didn't take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01