Cierra Toomey deciding 4/11 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cierra Toomey deciding 4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
I won't be very disappointed if she goes elsewhere.
She says that she's a dedicated student-athlete.
IIRC she wants to study engineering and if true, then she may be selecting a school based on being an engineering student 1st and an athlete 2nd.
It sounds like it would be a steep path to climb to do both, but I hope that whichever school she chooses will be the best for her happiness & success.

Last edited:

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
If that is the case, she should be upset with him. It wasn’t his commitment to tell
Gooood poinnnnt…which has me thinnnnking…what if her father, knowing that Ciera has actually chosen UConn, wanted to tweak his daughter one last time over not picking his favorite, UNC, by showing her what she’ll be missing (fathers have been known to tweak their children at times…right} ? :rolleyes: And what if Ciera retweeted that picture of a smiling Aliya Boston after winning the NC as motivation, sorta like, “Next year when I’m at UConn, we’re gonna wipe that smile off your face”? :rolleyes: Hmmmm....

Oh BTW, is there a per-post limit on how many straws we’re allowed to clutch at? ;)

Reaction Score
Maybe she watched the national championship and saw we are a center away from a championship.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
IIRC she wants to study engineering and if true, then she may be selecting a school based on being an engineering student 1st and an athlete 2nd.
It sounds like it would be a steep path to climb to do both, but I hope that whichever school she chooses will be the best for her happiness & success.
UNC and UConn are separated by 5 spots in one ranking.

And I agree with the posts above. Her school decision is her message to share.

sun

Reaction Score
UNC and UConn are separated by 5 spots in one ranking.

And I agree with the posts above. Her school decision is her message to share.
FWIW I found a 2022 Bachelor's ranking for UNC being #44 and UConn at #71.
Maybe weather and other social factors affect the decision too.

Chapel Hill has a population of 61,000 while Storrs has 15,000.
Toomey is from a very, very small town, maybe she wants a change of scenery, where it's more metropolitan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it is a thing today to "manifest something into existence." You keep saying something is going to happen until it actually happens. I typically take the George Constanza approach. I am going to will this into happening by keep thinking it is not going to happen. ;)
That has always worked for me.

Reaction Score
There sure are lots of different takes and observations on where she will verbal to this evening. After reading UConnCat's comment, and her dad's tweet, I'm not as excited and anxious as I was yesterday. :( Her dad couldn't contain himself. He knows where she's going.
There is no reason for him to tease UNC.

After she makes it official, we'll turn the page and look elsewhere just like we do when other recruits UConn was coveting decided not to join us. You don't lament over players you don't get, but revel and rejoice over the ones you do. :)
Well Said! Me too, I don't revel or feel rejected on the ones we don't get. Uconn has done exceptionally well with women of character and talent.

I have a few daughters. They have had many many successes. I enjoy each success. I don't nor do I approve of the Dad's that inject themselves into the process. My belief, even as a young person, I live MY life, I don't live my child's life. They are responsible for their success or failure--like a mama bird I let them fly as high or as long as they can or choose to do so.

Reaction Score
I knew what college my daughter was going to Attend until my wife said it’s not my choice or college experience. Dang near broke me when she told the interviewer no thank you.

Reaction Score
You never know who is going to develop into a great college player. Cierra certainly has the potential to be truly great. I think she would fit in extremely well with this team also. Geno knows how to develop Cierra.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well Said! Me too, I don't revel or feel rejected on the ones we don't get. Uconn has done exceptionally well with women of character and talent.

I have a few daughters. They have had many many successes. I enjoy each success. I don't nor do I approve of the Dad's that inject themselves into the process. My belief, even as a young person, I live MY life, I don't live my child's life. They are responsible for their success or failure--like a mama bird I let them fly as high or as long as they can or choose to do so.
Allow me to return the favor........Well said!! The key words in your comment......character and talent. Always a winning combination. ;)

sun

Reaction Score
UNC Coach Banghart should be properly credited for recruiting Cierra if that's where she ends up.
Banghart is highly regarded and had previously coached at Princeton where she had a 30-0 season.
She was also an Ivy League player at Dartmouth.

Here's an extensive background article about Cierra, she credits her parents for being her mentors.
Her mother is an ass't BB coach at Dunmore and her dad taught her how to play golf well enough to be one of the top ranked HS golfers in PA.
Cierra has quite an academic background, and I doubt that her parents meddled in her final decision.
IIRC her mother said that she wasn't going to get involved with Cierra making her choice of schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Surprised this pic never made C’s Instagram. Was my 1st foreboding clue in wake of noticing only UNC photos there when highlighted this few months ago (& was called out immediately for it).

Fear Banghart will get Abby Meyers as well, following in her former Princeton teammate Carlie Littlefield’s footsteps & filling her vacancy, of sorts.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How do you figure that? CT was injured on March 9th of 2022. She will not have to be on a college campus until August of 2023 -that 17 months to get healthy. I suspect she will be fully ready by the second half of her senior year of by January 2023

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Choose the school where maybe someday you can be encased in lucite
Well that seems uncomfortable…
1649711038742.jpeg

I’ve heard there’s some risk of hibernation blindness afterwards.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

She wants to study engineering and is considering going to Chapel Hill? That makes no sense unless she is planning on some joint degree program with either Duke or State.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmirm0279