Cierra Toomey deciding 4/11 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cierra Toomey deciding 4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ND didn't make her top 8 so no.

She'll be announcing her commitment to North Carolina.
Must be suffering some confusion what NC means. North Carolina. :rolleyes:

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I think it is a thing today to "manifest something into existence." You keep saying something is going to happen until it actually happens. I typically take the George Constanza approach. I am going to will this into happening by keep thinking it is not going to happen. ;)

Reaction Score
Her dad retweeted this…I think it’s UNC
FBD5A824-00EC-4346-8B90-0A60DC21CE9C.jpeg

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I’m guessing UNC
Geez, I thought we were a virtual lock to get her. Feeling bummed right now. Hoping for the best during the draft, strange time to make it public. Did we back off because of her injury?

Reaction Score
Missing out on “our friend” C is akin to missing out on Boston IMO. C has so much upside that will just get better.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Missing out on “our friend” C is akin to missing out on Boston IMO. C has so much upside that will just get better.
This is not quite a Boston level kind of miss IMO because she is not going to main UCONN rivalry.
This is not at the Haley Jones, Brink, Cardoso, Boston level. This hurts like a Kiki Rice kind of hurt.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm guessing UNC but wouldn't be shocked if it's UCONN. On paper it seems like a UCONN lean since UCONN typically lands the kids they pursue, there isn't a notable center front of Toomey so she should have opportunity for playing time early, and her skill set should thrive in a passing oriented motion offense. Whoever lands her is getting a good one.
THIS would have been our first "good news" announcement of the spring/summer. UConnCat has let the "Cat" out of the bag here. I have come to respect Cat's posts and comments. She's seldom wrong, and seems to have inside information that many of us do not. Toomey sure would be a welcomed addition to our program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm guessing UNC but wouldn't be shocked if it's UCONN. On paper it seems like a UCONN lean since UCONN typically lands the kids they pursue, there isn't a notable center front of Toomey so she should have opportunity for playing time early, and her skill set should thrive in a passing oriented motion offense. Whoever lands her is getting a good one.
The key is to see if she is trending on a UCONN ( or UNC ) blog. How can you say " there isn't a notable center in front of Toomey" when we are bringing in Ice Brady? She is not coming to UCONN.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The key is to see if she is trending on a UCONN ( or UNC ) blog. How can you say " there isn't a notable center in front of Toomey" when we are bringing in Ice Brady? She is not coming to UCONN.
Because neither Brady nor Toomey is a center.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
She'll be announcing her commitment to North Carolina.
Nooooooo, say it ain’t so Ciera! Choose the school whose state has the same initials as you! Choose the school where the head coach is as big a golf fanatic as you! Choose the school that is only 3.5 hours from both your home and where your sister will be playing her senior season! Choose the school whose team color is (according to Sue Bird) “a blue that’s actually perfect…undefeated, if you will”! Choose the school where maybe someday you can be encased in lucite (well, I mean, not literally) right alongside one of your heroes, Breanna Stewart!

1649688522041.png

Ahhhh, what the heck…choose whichever school you think will make you happiest…but keep in mind, the Transfer Portal is always just a few clicks away! :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There sure are lots of different takes and observations on where she will verbal to this evening. After reading UConnCat's comment, and her dad's tweet, I'm not as excited and anxious as I was yesterday. :( Her dad couldn't contain himself. He knows where she's going.
There is no reason for him to tease UNC.

After she makes it official, we'll turn the page and look elsewhere just like we do when other recruits UConn was coveting decided not to join us. You don't lament over players you don't get, but revel and rejoice over the ones you do. :)

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Just saw a UConn Huskies t-shirt in the wild down here in FL, so that's my contribution to the mojo, no matter how slim we think it might be.

Reaction Score
Dear Ms. Toomey,
Best wishes on your decision and successful rehabilitation on the knee.
I'm biased and would like to see you in a Husky uniform, but,
have a great College career. Remember there are golf courses
everywhere ( well almost ). Sincerely, Z

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Brady strikes me as more of a physical power forward, Toomey is more of an interior shot blocker/rim protector. They'd pair well together, especially in a high low since they can each hit shots from midrange to the 3 line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom