Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Really don't like the theatrics, drama, and cryptic social media posts of today's recruits. Pick a damn school, send in your papers, thank the coaches for their time and offers and be done with it.

I don’t know your age.. but I’ll just say a lot of young people post randomly about irrelevant things. Twitter is really a stream of thought thing for millennials.. being a millennial, I’m familiar with it. Christyn probably isn’t even tweeting about her recruitment here.... it’s people that use twitter as more of a news source instead of a stream of consciousness/form of communication reading way too much into it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah. Most Millenial's are too busy treating the internet as gospel. Making them too self involved to even consider the fact that an internal monologue posted forever for all to see could possibly come back to haunt them.

On the other hand, we oldsters are far from blameless. Just look at all the #Metoo postings we see. Not to mention little things like nuclear threats and the national debt. Frankly, that is just the tip of the iceberg of the stuff we got wrong.

Reaction Score
I don’t know your age.. but I’ll just say a lot of young people post randomly about irrelevant things. Twitter is really a stream of thought thing for millennials.. being a millennial, I’m familiar with it. Christyn probably isn’t even tweeting about her recruitment here.... it’s people that use twitter as more of a news source instead of a stream of consciousness/form of communication reading way too much into it.

EXACTLY!!! I remember when Megan Walker posted a picture of a new pair of Nike sneakers that were coming out, that were designed to pay homage to a basketball. They were a basketball colored leather that slightly resembled Texas' colors. Everybody on here immediately thought that meant that she was going to be a Longhorn. When in all actuality, it just meant that she liked a pair of sneakers.

Reaction Score
EXACTLY!!! I remember when Megan Walker posted a picture of a new pair of Nike sneakers that were coming out, that were designed to pay homage to a basketball. They were a basketball colored leather that slightly resembled Texas' colors. Everybody on here immediately thought that meant that she was going to be a Longhorn. When in all actuality, it just meant that she liked a pair of sneakers.
You'd have to be naive to believe that stuff is simply coincidence. No, like the Kardashians, there is some part of recruits that get off on the "will she won't she", "is she or isn't she" aspect of it. When people do stuff like that on social media, they know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let's face it. Some people crave attention, and social media is an excellent inexpensive way to get it. "Likes" and their number of followers are very important to them. The more they get, the more their ego is stroked, and the more they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Uconn can definitely use Williams, and she would fit a nice need going into next season, possible starting 2 Guard by the middle of the season. Only one game in but , it looks like Walker will be used as a back up four.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uconn can definitely use Williams, and she would fit a nice need going into next season, possible starting 2 Guard by the middle of the season. Only one game in but , it looks like Walker will be used as a back up four.
Would not put too much stock in that (Walker as a 4) because Camara did not play, KLS tweeked her ankle early in the game changed the rotation somewhat and Gabby was ill leading up to this game.

Reaction Score
I can't forget that A'ja Wilson NEEDED a huge press conference to announce her college choice and Stewie signed hers on the hood of her Dad's truck! A'ja is still high maintinance and Stewie "not so much"! Stewie is the dictionary definition of under the radar personality! If recruits want to be fawned over UCONN is the wrong place for them!

Reaction Score
I can't forget that A'ja Wilson NEEDED a huge press conference to announce her college choice and Stewie signed hers on the hood of her Dad's truck! A'ja is still high maintinance and Stewie "not so much"! Stewie is the dictionary definition of under the radar personality! If recruits want to be fawned over UCONN is the wrong place for them!

Stewie signed her letter of intent back in 2011, that was a long time ago, Times have changed since then, social media is what the new age kids are into.

Reaction Score
I have given up on CW playing for UConn because as far as I can recall (may not be very far) no Husky recruit made such a spectacle of signing.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Would not put too much stock in that (Walker as a 4) because Camara did not play, KLS tweeked her ankle early in the game changed the rotation somewhat and Gabby was ill leading up to this game.
I like that you're going with "ill," Coco. Now if I can just get my grandkids to listen to me...

Reaction Score
Williams is gifted from the film I have seen. Social Media is important to young people and it is here to stay. Williams has handle this well and she will enjoy this her announcement with her family and friends. Remember Geno went to see her the next morning after our 100th win and showed her how much he wanted to coach her. Also, he gave back to state of Arkansas Coaches by putting on Clinic
so he showed her that he cares for all women basketball players in her state.
She will make the decision that works best for her. She is class act. I hope she wants Geno.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams thread.

A’ja Wilson slander shows up.

Obsessed with the one that got away.

Ho-hum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics