Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams's Final 2: UConn and SC

Reaction Score
Then, by definition, every post and every discussion about a recruit or recruiting is spinning one's wheels because none of it ever achieves anything. That was the point I made earlier. Why single out the discussion about Magbegor when the same can be said about every post or discussion about recruiting?

why would you say it achieves nothing? Sometimes folks are actually right!!! In addition, believe it or not, some folks actually get pleasure out of doing the research and bringing new information to the forum........Please allow me to illustrate the difference between Ezi and other recruits............in my humble opinion, Ezi Magrebor is living on a distant solar system and her trajectory may never take her to our planet.............she is just a speck in the evening sky.......... Aliyah Boston is 58 minutes away on I-84 and I know that she will be playing basketball at a college in the United States God willing............Maori Davenport is a bit farther away in Alabama granted but I'm confident that God willing, she will be playing college basketball in the United States .............so I would prefer to concentrate on the recruits that I know that I have a chance with as opposed to the one who may never step foot on our shores...............does that mean that I don't want her to play at UConn? Hell no!!!...........I will continue to research her just as I do any and all elite players, I'm just not penciling her in to the UConn roster just yet

I sense that we are at an impasse here............please feel free to disregard/skip/trash any of my posts if you are somehow insulted, enraged or in some other way disturbed, I'd like to think that I bring great value to this group with the amount of information that I post along with some of the other folks here but you can't please everybody so as Geno would say "Adesso Basta!!!"

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
why would you say it achieves nothing? Sometimes folks are actually right!!! In addition, believe it or not, some folks actually get pleasure out of doing the research and bringing new information to the forum...Please allow me to illustrate the difference between Ezi and other recruits..in my humble opinion, Ezi Magrebor is living on a distant solar system and her trajectory may never take her to our planet...she is just a speck in the evening sky..... Aliyah Boston is 58 minutes away on I-84 and I know that she will be playing basketball at a college in the United States God willing..Maori Davenport is a bit farther away in Alabama granted but I'm confident that God willing, she will be playing college basketball in the United States ...so I would prefer to concentrate on the recruits that I know that I have a chance with as opposed to the one who may never step foot on our shores.....does that mean that I don't want her to play at UConn? Hell no!!!......I will continue to research her just as I do any and all elite players, I'm just not penciling her in to the UConn roster just yet

I sense that we are at an impasse here..please feel free to disregard/skip/trash any of my posts if you are somehow insulted, enraged or in some other way disturbed, I'd like to think that I bring great value to this group with the amount of information that I post along with some of the other folks here but you can't please everybody so as Geno would say "Adesso Basta!!!"

I don't consider being right about recruiting an achievement of any sort. The fact that you do tells me why you post many of the things you post on this board. Now I understand. That's helpful to know. But if you'll pardon some of us here, we may decide to discuss a recruit you don't think is worthy of your concentration.
Sounds like we should be happy about that outcome.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
why would you say it achieves nothing? Sometimes folks are actually right!!! In addition, believe it or not, some folks actually get pleasure out of doing the research and bringing new information to the forum...Please allow me to illustrate the difference between Ezi and other recruits..in my humble opinion, Ezi Magrebor is living on a distant solar system and her trajectory may never take her to our planet...she is just a speck in the evening sky..... Aliyah Boston is 58 minutes away on I-84 and I know that she will be playing basketball at a college in the United States God willing..Maori Davenport is a bit farther away in Alabama granted but I'm confident that God willing, she will be playing college basketball in the United States ...so I would prefer to concentrate on the recruits that I know that I have a chance with as opposed to the one who may never step foot on our shores.....does that mean that I don't want her to play at UConn? Hell no!!!......I will continue to research her just as I do any and all elite players, I'm just not penciling her in to the UConn roster just yet
I sense that we are at an impasse here..please feel free to disregard/skip/trash any of my posts if you are somehow insulted, enraged or in some other way disturbed, I'd like to think that I bring great value to this group with the amount of information that I post along with some of the other folks here but you can't please everybody so as Geno would say "Adesso Basta!!!"
You do bring great value to this forum in the form of information and opinions. Please try and distinguish between those things because they are not the same and allow that others might differ with the latter.
Example: Maori Davenport? For UCONN? Are you friggin kidding me? :eek:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe @wallman or other bruin fans might want to chime in but I remember reading (summer of 2016) on the Bruinonline from a handle bruindatedata (???) a complaint stating that UCLA was not interested in or did not offer Ezi.
I don't know. It just flies in the face of reason that they would pass on having someone to step in after Billings. Unless they feel Shayley Harris is superior to what Ezi brings to the table. Surely they can't.

Reaction Score
You do bring great value to this forum in the form of information and opinions. Please try and distinguish between those things because they are not the same and allow that others might differ with the latter.
Example: Maori Davenport? For UCONN? Are you friggin kidding me? :eek:

I must say I'm highly insulted by your derogatory comments regarding Ms Davenport's abilities and/or my opinion of her.............:rolleyes:..............she's the second rated post in the 2019 class and she defends, shoots free throws runs the floor really well......just is a little raw offensively.......UConn could do worse and if this post drought continues they may have to...........

Reaction Score
I don't consider being right about recruiting an achievement of any sort. The fact that you do tells me why you post many of the things you post on this board. Now I understand. That's helpful to know. But if you'll pardon some of us here, we may decide to discuss a recruit you don't think is worthy of your concentration.
Sounds like we should be happy about that outcome.

ummmmmmmm.........OK?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I must say I'm highly insulted by your derogatory comments regarding Ms Davenport's abilities and/or my opinion of her...:rolleyes:....she's the second rated post in the 2019 class and she defends, shoots free throws runs the floor really well.just is a little raw offensively..UConn could do worse and if this post drought continues they may have to......
Don't think so... Another post player of similar ability, same state, roughly the same ranking in PN took the time to visit UCONN and came away without a scholarship offer. With all due respect to Ms Davenport and Ms Baldwin UCONN will continue to swim in the deepest end of the BB talent pool.

Reaction Score
Don't think so... Another post player of similar ability, same state, roughly the same ranking in PN took the time to visit UCONN and came away without a scholarship offer. With all due respect to Ms Davenport and Ms Baldwin UCONN will continue to swim in the deepest end of the BB talent pool.

Davenport's a far better athlete then Baldwin although not as polished............admit it...........you just don't like anybody from the great state of Alabama.............you can't not like the Blind Boys of Alabama?.........:(

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Davenport's a far better athlete then Baldwin although not as polished..admit it......you just don't like anybody from the great state of Alabama...you can't not like the Blind Boys of Alabama?....:(
Blind Boys of Alabama not exactly my taste. Some great women have come from the state of Alabama Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott, Helen Keller..... but not exactly a hotbed of Women's basketball talent.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
how is attempting to get concrete information from sources spinning one's wheels? Here's the dictionary definition "to use a lot of effort without achieving anything...
Sounds exactly like what you've said you've been doing.
undoubtedly true on the recruiting knowledge but I've read every article I could find on her and even had an email chat with an Australian newspaper reporter who responded to my question about the odds of her coming to UConn.....he said possible but not that likely.....you are allowed to have a differing opinion here...right?
Always found it odd, when people say this when responding to someone who has offered a differing opinion than theirs.

Reaction Score
Sounds exactly like what you've said you've been doing.

Always found it odd, when people say this when responding to someone who has offered a differing opinion than theirs.

I found it odd that the term spinning our wheels was taken as derogatory.........it wasn't meant to be...........simply a term of frustration as nobody really knows whether this particular recruit has the least bit of interest in UConn or even playing basketball in America..........a bit different from recruits that are simply deciding which college they will attend..........from the reaction I got you would have thought I questioned someone's IQ or mental state.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I found it odd that the term spinning our wheels was taken as derogatory....it wasn't meant to be......simply a term of frustration as nobody really knows whether this particular recruit has the least bit of interest in UConn or even playing basketball in America.....a bit different from recruits that are simply deciding which college they will attend.....from the reaction I got you would have thought I questioned someone's IQ or mental state....
Actually that thought had not crossed my mind until this post. That though is easily dismissed though, considering the origin. :eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I found it odd that the term spinning our wheels was taken as derogatory....it wasn't meant to be......simply a term of frustration as nobody really knows whether this particular recruit has the least bit of interest in UConn or even playing basketball in America.....a bit different from recruits that are simply deciding which college they will attend.....from the reaction I got you would have thought I questioned someone's IQ or mental state....
"to use a lot of effort without achieving anything"

Seems a bit derogatory to me. I don't believe you were trying to complement the people you considered "spinning their wheels".

Reaction Score
"to use a lot of effort without achieving anything"

Seems a bit derogatory to me. I don't believe you were trying to complement the people you considered "spinning their wheels".

I was neither complementing or denigrating.............just stating what some feel was an unappealing opinion............so be it...............moving on................

Reaction Score

To the best of your knowledge, if a recruit visits UConn and doesn't get an offer while there or in the few weeks directly after, does that mean that they will not get one at a later date? For instance as far as we know River Baldwin was not offered upon her visit or right afterward, does anyone know for certain that she didn't receive one subsequently?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To the best of your knowledge, if a recruit visits UConn and doesn't get an offer while there or in the few weeks directly after, does that mean that they will not get one at a later date? For instance as far as we know River Baldwin was not offered upon her visit or right afterward, does anyone know for certain that she didn't receive one subsequently?
That's hard to say, I not connected to the program in that way. I try and keep track of UCONN offers through newspapers. There have been some UCONN offers that I feel like I should have known about and I was totally oblivious to. For example Batouly Camara was offered by UCONN coming out of HS and Sarah Imovbioh was offered to play as a graduate transfer when she departed Virginia per news paper quotes from both players well after the fact. Despite all the chatter on here I have not been able to confirm that UCONN has offered Boston but I know Boston walked away from first night a year ago without a UCONN offer as did Anaya Peoples.

Reaction Score
That's hard to say, I not connected to the program in that way. I try and keep track of UCONN offers through newspapers. There have been some UCONN offers that I feel like I should have known about and I was totally oblivious to. For example Batouly Camara was offered by UCONN coming out of HS and Sarah Imovbioh was offered to play as a graduate transfer when she departed Virginia per news paper quotes from both players well after the fact. Despite all the chatter on here I have not been able to confirm that UCONN has offered Boston but I know Boston walked away from first night a year ago without a UCONN offer as did Anaya Peoples.

As did Kylee Watson and others..............my thought would be that in the case of younger players (2019/20) UConn may simply say we'll keep watching you and may offer in the future..........as opposed to Louisville, Maryland and some others that offer early and often and take whoever accepts first...........

Reaction Score
upload_2017-10-31_13-42-39.png

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno really hasnt gone after any other guard other then CW. That tells me something and I believe its positive for Geno. There are alot of girls out there that I wish UConn got but there are reasons why theyre not here and we dont know them. It could be work ethic. Some girls dont wanna play at a high intensity. They'd rather play with the talent they have. Some dont wanna be yelled at to do something. Hey some dont like shooting 300- 400 shots in a day...not all at once either. Some have parents who interfere and want their daughters to start and want to tell Geno how to coach the team. These kids wont make it at UConn. So why commit to UConn. We dont need kids with height if theyre not UConn material. We already have had a bunch who didnt see alot of playtime. Charlie Collier decommited from Texas then decommitted from UConn. Why? We may never know. It appears she wants to be close to home.

UConn isnt for everybody, but for those select few who are willing to want to change, and are willing to make the commitment well the outcome will be a NC at some point. You see if its ment to be its ment to be, however you have to make a total commitment or you wont play...at UConn so maybe another school is better for your wants and needs. See in my opinion I think every great player should want to play for UConn, but they dont for various reasons. To be part of the UConn team you have to be a special player. You have to give up where you are now to get to where you wanna be. Its tuff for some kids to change. You have to want to work hard, without any guarantees for playtime. You have to be willing to be part of a team and a team player in other words its not about you. You have to be coachable. People ask me how I can hit 300-400 golf balls after a lesson. Well I want it to become reflexive. Some golfers do nothing after a lesson. Some other golfers wont do what I do so they dont get what I get. Its the same thing at UConn. The kids that come to play for Geno know what theyre going to get and they know what to expect. Hey theres nothing better then winning a NC and being on TV in front of the entire nation. It doesnt come without alot of work and at times it may not come either. We saw that last season. But this season it will. Other schools have a goal to make the NCAAs, other schools hope and wish they could make the FF. At UConn its expected and we havent been let down to many times. So this season much like the past few we have a very very special team and this season with amazing talented height and depth. We have great spacing of talented players that cover this season and 4 seasons to come. UConn by spacing their recruits have nucleates, players to build around for the next 4 seasons.

One last point. Im sure Geno and his coaching staff have seen and talked to alot of the top players in the next 2 high school classes . They've most likely categorized them as worth pursuing or not worth pursuing. Im sure theyre looking at high school sophs and freshman to see how they are progressing. Dont kid yourself. UConn coaches evaluate these kids before they pursue them. They dont waste their time on them. There are so many really good players out there. So when a kid says no to UConn relax Geno has another one who wants it more.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
"It's what y'all have been waiting for."

Not sure I like that. FWIW, sounds a tad bit arrogant to me.

Agreed but this is the way the younger generation seems to do things now. I hope there is no bait & switch tricks. Of course, I will not watch live but get the
news the way it should be delivered. Through the BY

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Geno really hasnt gone after any other guard other then CW. That tells me something and I believe its positive for Geno.

Does currently having 8 guards on the roster having something to do with it? Are their really good guards in the next high school class? Not a criticism, just questions.

The kids that come to play for Geno know what they're going to get and they know what to expect.

If you mean championships, it is what they hope for and do have a high probability of getting one ... at least. If it is how tough it is to succeed at UCONN? Well, I have read several articles lately quoting our sophomores and freshmen saying it is beyond what they envisioned as hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom