Chattanooga beats TN | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Chattanooga beats TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Post college time. You mean all 2 yrs of it?
He got an asst job at Marquette right out of college and was there for 2 yrs before the Latech job.
Yeah - I know! And that is what I mean. for 18 years I do not believe he learned anything but motivation and rebounding. the next 6 years? Great name, but ...

Reaction Score
Yeah count me as a Margo fan.. Incredibly passionate UT fan without throwing mud at anyone else..... I like watching her videos....

and on Tyler..... I have not watched him coach yet, but have listened to a lot of his press opportunities...... he sounds a lot like his mother...... I have heard a lot of his discussion go back to defense and rebounding..... and I wonder if he has anything original to bring to the table..... that is not meant as a slam..... but I am a skeptic as to how much he has graduated from his mother's philosophy.... am anxious to see a La Tech game on tv so I can make a more qualified judgment.....

Reaction Score
This is Tennessee in a nutshell for the last decade (including the Parker years)... Playing down to opponents, especially in away games. Does this loss show an giant need for improvement in coaches preparation and player performance? Yes. Does it define how good this team is and will be? No. Isabelle makes us a final four contender. She is one of the best centers, if not the best, in the country. Jannah, when she finally gets going, is poised to be another go to and the coaching staff has mentioned that. No excuses to lose to a team like UTC but I think we'll be just fine.

The top teams are seemingly having very bad games more often this year. Maryland just lost to Washington State (a solid team but a team that got waxed at home by Nebraska). Stanford has lost twice to two very good teams but also was taken to the wire by a New Mexico team that isn't even close to being as good as Chattanooga. But they didn't have Thompson for that game either. South Carolina had to rally to beat USC and Syracuse and Texas A&M has looked unimpressive in close games with UT Pan American and Prairie View A&M albeit without Courtney Williams. Duke also had a tough battle at a mediocre Old Dominion.

The loss was embarrassing but Tennessee is better than that game and will show it down the stretch.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Who is bashing Margo? Margo is liked here for her passion and she does know her basketball and I find much of her analysis of Tenn games I have seen to be spot on.
I agree with Rocky here - I don't think we're bashing Margo, so much as teasing a bit. Mostly, since Margo is an open true .. well, not true-blue, let's say true-orange .. UT fan, we are teasing the UT fan base via their most open (and, open-minded) public fanatic. Most of us seem to enjoy, and respect, her passion and love for her team. To me, Margo doesn't represent the UT fan who might say one thing to your face and then file a complaint to the SEC office because Shea or CD say "hi" to a 12-year old. Margo would tell you, to your face, if she did or did not like that - and, ya gotta respect and admire that dedication to the game and her Vols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom