Chattanooga beats TN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chattanooga beats TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tennessee recruits great players. UCONN recruits great team players. Therein lies the difference in their success over the past couple of decades.

Plus a great coaching staff!

Reaction Score
I realize that most of my fellow Boneyarders do not share my view that we have entered an entirely new era insofar as our "relationship" with UTenn is concerned, but I still think the residual passion is outdated and overdone. All the schadenfreude going around on both sides over the failings of the other strike me as kind of silly. Right now we are two one-loss teams, simply that, and neither side has yet established any particular bragging rights for this season. I also don't get all this obsession with polls and their relative "significance." The ONLY poll worth caring about is the one that comes out on the morning of April 8th, about 4 1/2 months from now. Until then, why care?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, I would argue that an OT loss to Stanford at Maples is a little different than losing to UT-Chattanooga. Plus, it's fun to have enemies in sports. And I will always enjoy watching that program lose games. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear what Margo has to say about the loss. As of this post, she hasn't uploaded a video yet.

Lady Vols also play Texas in Texas on Sunday. They could easily have a two game losing streak by the time Sunday night comes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear what Margo has to say about the loss. As of this post, she hasn't uploaded a video yet.

Lady Vols also play Texas in Texas on Sunday. They could easily have a two game losing streak by the time Sunday night comes.

Yes, I have searched for Margo in vain. Hope she does. We could have a poll on how many times she says, yells, screams "Are you kidding me!!!"

Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts.... Bigpetunia, yes your stance of let things alone is noble, but I think the interest is tied into the fact that this is a program, led by HPS, that tried to abolish our program just 7 years ago..... and though they had nothing on us, continue to this day to accuse us of terrible wrongdoing...... it is shameful, and although I have no axe to grind against the present LV program, I am like many BYers in my disdain for this lack of proof and continued accusation to this day (The Summit is Exhibit A)......

Yes, Intpseeker, Ariel had made the statement before the season started that ..... something to the effect that the past couple of years the players thought they could get things done solo without paying due respect to the teachings of the coaches..... she said that the team has all bought in to Holly and Co. this year and implied results will be different..... I said at the time that this thought would be severely tested after the first upset loss they suffered...... and now I will have my antennae up to see if my prediction holds true.

Tonyc, good synopsis as usual..... TN needs so much to work on their fundamentals..... it seems they are stuck in a time warp, because i still hear from them..... "defense and rebounding"..... Holly said it again last night post game.... (at least she did not say "we are going to have to go back to the drawing board and learn from this"...... I even hear Tyler in his new job saying that WCBB eventually all comes down to defense and rebounding...... it is like they are still reading newspapers and using AmiPro down there...... I have not seen any novel offensive schemes run that would serve to show that they are in the mix with other like teams...... they seem to depend on individual athletic achievement..... one on one, bang the offensive glass.... etc.....

On the coaching situation, of course I think this is quite obviously the problem,.... someone went through the staff one by one, pointing out the shortcomings of all.... the one person I think can be good is Elzy, only because she had a pretty good tenure at KY..... the staff needs a good flush though I think..... and why can they not afford a HC at $400K to put them at the same level as other Top 10 programs? Holly is only making $75K as HCE...... she has to go also, even in light all that she has done..... if she is able to contribute something fine, but why prop her up as a symbol of past greatness (well deserved) when it only serves to cast an immense shadow on the incumbent and her staff? If Dave Hart is not wanting to emphasize the LVs, OK, but it does not take much, recruiting and expense budgets notwithstanding...... does TN want only to be an SEC football wannabe? and is that worth pursuing at singular purpose? Maybe you can break through the FLoridas and Georgias, etc..... Good Luck with that..... I know you won half the title in 98 I think..... keep pursuing that if that is most important to you

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
That's what the Puritans did after the Pequot War. Some even say Thanksgiving has it's origins in the defeat of the Pequots. :confused:

"Some" would be totally out to lunch. Wrong time, wrong tribe, wrong war - in fact there was no war involved.

Reaction Score
Well, I would argue that an OT loss to Stanford at Maples is a little different than losing to UT-Chattanooga. Plus, it's fun to have enemies in sports. And I will always enjoy watching that program lose games. :)
Well, OK, but it seems so much more fun to expend that energy on the likes of ND!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, OK, but it seems so much more fun to expend that energy on the likes of ND!
Oh believe me, if ND lost to UT-Chattanooga I would be equally pleased. But ND is too well-coached to let that happen. It's just so much fun to watch a meltdown mid-game on VolNation.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder when the last time both Tennessee and UCONN BOTH had one loss before Thanksgiving............. the 1980s ? 1950s ??

HGN

Reaction Score
WOW......Just goes to show that on any given day a top team can go down to defeat. No team or ranking seems to be safe this season.

If a team is inconsistent or is prone to bad habits it will not last long in the The Big Dance......the team that can maintain a level of Excellance the longest will win the NC this year. There are no dominant teams this season......So far.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Enjoyed your post. I bet their fans are hoping Jesus makes an appearance...! ;)
He will, but he's a Gamecock fan.

10428011_10152845840257351_2702077180133405741_n.jpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think Icebear was talking about Mr. Shuttlesworth.

But your "Jesus" looks more like Gandalf or Dumbledore!
I don't know much about Harry Potter, but he's known as "Basketball Jesus" at USC.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I don't know much about Harry Potter, but he's known as "Basketball Jesus" at USC.
I thought Jesus died young, like early 30's or something. That guy looks considerably older. Google Gandalf and Dumbledore if you want to see what they look like.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I would characterize it as interesting; more like pathetic, lol. I wouldnt mind seeing this team drop out of the top ten in the polls. Maybe they will get pissed off and play with a little bit of desire and passion. I can take losing, but not when they look disinterested for most of the game!
If Izzy is unable to go Sunday, I'm not sure how this team can win that game. Lang and Enemkpali might just wreak havoc down low. :(

Thanks LV Fan for your honesty.

But isn't it interesting how UTC seems to have the Lady Vols number? A loss two years ago, and Tennessee's victory over Chatt last year was a squeaker if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
Before getting carried away with the LV-bashing, it's worth remembering that the one Tennessee player that consistently impresses me was NOT in that game.

Reaction Score
Yes they were missing a player, but they still should have whomped on UTC everyone agrees with that....

and to get lit up for 27 points by an in-state freshman who they didn't even want from my understanding is doubly embarrassing.

Let's see what the LVs bring to the table on Sumday.

Reaction Score
I wonder when the last time both Tennessee and UCONN BOTH had one loss before Thanksgiving... the 1980s ? 1950s ??
UConn last lost before Tgiving in 2004, @UNC 71-65
They also lost vs LaTech in 1995 (ironically, in Knoxville)
Don't have exact records 1996-2000, but I don't think there were any then.

Tenn lost ON thanksgiving in 2004, to Texas.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And that is the positive Tennessee site.

I seldom disagree with you, Br'er Bear, but this time I gotta; there IS no positive Tennessee site in these dark days.

Reaction Score
For me despising UT is part of my genetic makeup like loathing the Montreal Canadiens. So yes I am gloating over their defeat

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've never been a hater, came around after the Pat/NCAA controversy
Came around after the holocaust (and was a classical musician) never hated the Germans as much as my parents.

I enjoy UTenn stepping all over themselves
But our rivalry with them transformed woman's Basketball.

Their free site is amusing, especially after a loss as is Margo
But it certainly wouldn't hurt woman's BB, nor UConn if they were still a contender.

And it would be a big boost to the game if we reestablished the annual "game of the year."

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
As things now stand, a UConn-LV game would NOT be the game of the year, by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom