Chances of both Daniels and Boatright returning next year?? | The Boneyard

Chances of both Daniels and Boatright returning next year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very happy that the Huskies won while Daniels did not play well. If he was on the NBA radar after having a great tournament, maybe this off game for him gets him off the radar. He is still not being mentioned as being picked on nbadraft.net. Neither is Boatright. Thoughts on both returning?

Reaction Score
I think an absolute yes to both. Had Daniels gone out and put up a 20 and 10 again tonight, then maybe. But he struggled big time and it looked like a confidence thing, after coming back in the second half. Boatright is back no doubt. Should be fun to back these guys again next year!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
They both absolutely deserve to test the waters and if they choose to go, I will wish them the best. Both could come back better next year, but their stock is near the apex right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am sure both will get the best advice possible before making a decision. I think Daniels is ready to go and Boat would help himself a lot by coming back, but we will see. Either way I wish them both the best.

I never want to see UConn become one of those douchey programs like Duke where the Coach gives his players terrible and selfish advice that is not in the players' best interests.

Reaction Score
They both absolutely deserve to test the waters and if they choose to go, I will wish them the best. Both could come back better next year, but their stock is near the apex right now.
Yeah but you have to give some thought to the depth of this years draft. I say Daniels almost definitely stays, he can lead the team next year and I think he knows he a step too weak for the nba. Boat I hope stays but I get it, staying a year you risk a bunch of things. The guy gave us his heart and was integral in this championship run, which as I type it fully hasn't set in yet... I can't believe what they managed, and honestly I had a very similarl feeling in 2012. We have had such amazing runs to titles that the world needs to recognize. So back on topic, even if boat gets drafted early second round and plays D league next year, he's making 100% more money than he would as a senior and his family needs help. So any husky fans who down the guy if he goes pro are schmucks!

Reaction Score
I am sure whatever Ollie advises these young men to do, it will be in their own best interest, and that's amazing either way.

Reaction Score
I'd say yes, I don't think either is a top 15 pick right now, but could def be next year.

A backcourt of BOAT-PURVIS with HAMILTON at 3, DANIELS at 4 and BRIMAH at 5 is pretty damn good line up, bring Samuel and Sam Cassell Jr off the bench, maybe Calhoun can turn it around, plus the big men of RUBIN and NOLAN. BRIMAH is going to be a star, next year he will become a true presence

Could be a pretty sweet run for a hill

Reaction Score
Personally, I think it's a bad idea to ever leave early if you are not a lottery pick, but who knows where Daniels could go now.

Reaction Score
Honestly i think both should come back as it will only help their draft stock. DD struggled with the UK athletes and lost confidence which wasnt a good sign. he should absolutely come back but if he doesnt it would not bother me because he helped bring another title to storrs.
Boatright should absolutely come back. He went from an erratic player to a solid player now. He needs to come back next year and be the man leading this team on another run and that will only help him. Im positive scouts see him as someone who benefited from playing by Bazz so theyll want to see what he can do as the leader of a team. Boat should absolutely come back.

Reaction Score
Lots of Twitter comments about Daniels's tournament the last couple of days. He played extremely well. I think the chances he comes back is less than 50%. Boat is almost assuredly coming back. The draft is too strong for him to go and he's an undersized guard who didn't have a spectacular offensive year. It'll be his team next year and that'll be his time to show scouts if he can game or not.

Reaction Score
Well see what feedback Ollie gets from his NBA connections and possibly even JC.

Reaction Score
Boatright I think will be back. This will be a chance to truly be the PG next year and show how he can run a team. I think Daniels will test the waters and Ollie will tell him that if he leaves he'll be a first rounder, but will be option 1 next year and could be a lottery pick if he stays. Wouldn't fault either for choosing either path. I hope they really think about it and do what is best for them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Daniels can and will move up with another year at UConn.

Boat's only shot of going 1st round is dominating next season and showing he's a true point.

That said, who knows.

Reaction Score
daniels could be lottery with workouts. he is a legit nba small forward. i said before the game, i would trade a ring for his senior year.

yep helps the program either way for recruiting put potentially 2 guys in the 1st round of this years draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom