Brady/Goodell Round 1 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Brady/Goodell Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not the Giants:D

Truth in point. And Coughlin is one of the few guys in the league I can see absolutely scoffing at all the paranoid nonsense going on with other teams. He addresses it by getting his guys to, you know, play better? Old school.

Reaction Score
You mean like former disgruntled staffers making up stories about taping the Ram's walk through? That was gold. And suddenly it becomes a fact. The reality doesn't make as good of a story though (wiki):

The Boston Globe reported on March 10, 2008 that NFL investigators found practical limitations to the allegation; the Patriots' video equipment that was set up the day before the game had neither battery packs nor a nearby power supply in order to run.[8] Also, an NFL investigator interviewed a Patriots employee who left the Louisiana Superdome that day with Walsh; according to the employee, Walsh said of the walkthrough: "We should have taped that."[8]

Boston Herald writer John Tomase, who authored the story, told WROR-FM on February 5, 2008 that the "rumor had been around for a while. ...It was something we first heard about in September, after Spygate. We dug around and couldn't quite nail it down."
I don't see who is disgruntled here. Not that it'd be relevant to this case.
As Willie McGinest says, if the Pats had been "cheating", they'd have won 5 Superbowls in that stretch. Oh and they'd also have beaten the Giants twice too.
And I'm sure there are those in the UK fanbase that say if Cal was really guilty of all the shady the rest of the country thinks he has been doing, he would've also beaten the Huskies twice too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Careful. You make too much sense. Rock may wish to no longer discuss logic with you any further. The Land of Make Believe is more his speed...at least on this subject.

I wonder if Daniel Tiger or Lady Elaine have an opinion?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't see who is disgruntled here. Not that it'd be relevant to this case.

Matt Walsh was a former Pats employee who was fired for several reasons, among them taping conversations with Scott Pioli. He was/is disgruntled.

And the fact that a former employee left on bad terms is absolutely germane to the case. For things like ulterior motive and bias.

The McGinest thing is obviously a joke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Matt Walsh was a former Pats employee who was fired for several reasons, among them taping conversations with Scott Pioli. He was/is disgruntled.

And the fact that a former employee left on bad terms is absolutely germane to the case. For things like ulterior motive and bias.

The McGinest thing is obviously a joke.
You just said it was "likely" someone who was fired. You're coming to your own self-serving conclusions to fit your narrative (see what I'm doing here?). It really could have been anyone.

If the employee who is making the current claims about sneaking in to locker rooms left on bad terms, I didn't know, and that certainly changes things. But I think that'd be hard to prove since these sources usually remain anonymous.

Mary Willingham ultimately brought the UNC mess out of the dark and gave it the necessary spark to set off the massive chain of developments we've now seen. Even while employed, she was obviously disgruntled with UNC and its morals. Does that mean we should automatically write off what she said? A lot of UNC fans sure did, and look at how we look at them with contempt.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You just said it was "likely" someone who was fired. You're coming to your own self-serving conclusions to fit your narrative (see what I'm doing here?). It really could have been anyone.

If the employee who is making the current claims about sneaking in to locker rooms left on bad terms, I didn't know, and that certainly changes things. But I think that'd be hard to prove since these sources usually remain anonymous.

Mary Willingham ultimately brought the UNC mess out of the dark and gave it the necessary spark to set off the massive chain of developments we've now seen. Even while employed, she was obviously disgruntled with UNC and its morals. Does that mean we should automatically write off what she said? A lot of UNC fans sure did, and look at how we look at them with contempt.

I don't disagree with the Mary Willingham statement at all. That said, she had actual proof. And she was willing to put her name to it, adding immense credibility. No one has anything here. And no one is willing to put their name to it. It's easy to shoot darts when you don't have to own it. Ultimately, it's just a bunch of stories. Unless you have something, it's simply gossip. In fact, it sounds more like mythology than anything else.

Do we even know how current these 'sources' are? Not being snarky, I have no idea.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only u mocking along with a few others Rockworld. Most patriot haters have at least have been fair and realize the absurdity of the whole mess.

Reaction Score
Only u mocking along with a few others Rockworld. Most patriot haters have at least have been fair and realize the absurdity of the whole mess.
Giants fan, so I could never hate the Pats. And most everyone understands that this whole thing is fairly bizarre.

Try again another time, son

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Again, this stuff is comical. ESPN edits Mike Reiss's response to the Spygate rehash. ESPN doing ESPN things.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a reaction piece with seven takeaways from the story.

At some point, two of the seven takeaways were taken away by ESPN.

In response to the ESPN report that Patriots employees entered the visiting team’s locker room and stole materials like play sheets, Reiss provided a blast of common sense that was missing from the story: “Security’s extremely tight throughout Gillette Stadium. Don’t think too many people, if any, are casually walking into the visitors’ locker room. And let’s just say they are, who leaves play sheets around?”

Included in the original version of the article, it’s now gone.

Also removed from the original version was this final observation from Reiss: “When you’re at the top, everyone likes to bring you down. A longtime sportscaster with a deep history in Boston relayed this thought to me that resonated: ‘They used to say same the stuff about Red Auerbach.'”

Here’s what ESPN had to say about the changes: “[T]he story was given a tighter edit after its initial posting.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...it-to-column-criticizing-espns-patriots-opus/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom