Brady/Goodell Round 1 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Brady/Goodell Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And your proof of him being innocent is what? It's funny but does anyone actually think the NFL would have even done anything at all without something to go on? :rolleyes:
Uh I do, because if they had something it would have been in the Wells report.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's the same here. And the kinds of procedural deficiencies cited by Berman are routinely overlooked in rubber-stamping arbitration awards--which is my point: he didn't like what happened here so he found a way to reverse it.
Violation of the 6th Amendment of the Bill of Rights is not routinely overlooked.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah and I'm the only one! :rolleyes:You guys are hilarious. Listen I don't even read reports and I have no proof of anything. No I didn't read the reports why the hell would I? It means little to me I read reports all day at work I am here for opinions and discussion along with the occasional debate - I know you need facts for a debate blah blah blah. I listen to sports on the radio often when driving and yeah some of it's New York, but they have guys on from the Globe, Herald etc etc - they also think there's something there but only assumption.. Do you guys listen at all? I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong but my point is there is a much higher percentage of people who think he got away with "something" I promise. If you think it's because I hate the Pats or Brady guess again - well a little. He didn't deserve his penalty and it was lifted, good for him. Football is better of it and that's fine with me.

You guys are still worried about me and my opinion, I did good! ;)
34502_large_Google_Translate_FP_Wide.png

Mau-ese to English:
"I'm trolling you idiots."

Reaction Score
Violation of the 6th Amendment of the Bill of Rights is not routinely overlooked.

I'm not a lawyer but i don't believe the 6th amendment has any bearing here because its not a criminal case

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not a lawyer but i don't believe the 6th amendment has any bearing here because its not a criminal case
It's not a criminal case; and it's an arbitration, which is a creature of contract.

No bearing whatsoever here.

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's right you are not a lawyer and one of the 3 major tenets on which Judge Berman based his ruling was that Tom Brady was not given due process.

And, Berman added: "The deference due an arbitrator does not extend ... [to] an award obtained without the requisites of fairness or due process."

Husky25

Reaction Score
It's not a criminal case; and it's an arbitration, which is a creature of contract.

No bearing whatsoever here.

I also used the quote above by the same Federal Judge in that other thread. I'm pretty sure he knows a bit more about procedure than us hacks on a message board.

Reaction Score
So it came out from ex-Pats staff a couple days ago that they sent low-ranking people (like a ball boy would be) in to opponent locker rooms, looking to steal play sheets

And that Spygate was much bigger and comprehensive than we were initially led to believe

Just a super shady program

Husky25

Reaction Score
So it came out from ex-Pats staff a couple days ago that they sent low-ranking people (like a ball boy would be) in to opponent locker rooms, looking to steal play sheets

And that Spygate was much bigger and comprehensive than we were initially led to believe

:rolleyes:. Nothing new on the Patriots end. The "new" reports reflect much worse for the NFL league offices, but you wouldn't know that from the headlines and what you are told by Good Morning, America.

Reaction Score
I thought this one was funny. Exponent tried so hard to mess with the gauge comparison photos, in order to justify their decision to use the wrong gauge. Can't make it up.

http://www.robertblecker.com/deflategate-the-smoking-gun/

This site makes a different point about a flaw in the way Exponent simulated the conditions when running their tests, but also comments on the 2 gauges. Look at page 12 to see just how much the needle on the non-logo gauge was bent. Somehow, it was supposed to be believable that Walt Anderson couldn't tell them apart.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:. Nothing new on the Patriots end. The "new" reports reflect much worse for the NFL league offices, but you wouldn't know that from the headlines and what you are told by Good Morning, America.
Actually ESPN, where most people get their general sports news.

Reaction Score
Yes well we all know how unbiased ESPN is. No way a reputable organization like that would have an agenda of any sort, whatsoever.
There is no bias involved in relaying comments from primary sources i.e. ex-Pats staff.

Reaction Score
There is no bias involved in relaying comments from primary sources i.e. ex-Pats staff.

you're right, a slant piece published a few days after the reversal of Goodell's decision that includes quotes from a disgrunted former employee isnt biased in the least....sorry for saying that earlier.

Reaction Score
you're right, a slant piece published a few days after the reversal of Goodell's decision that includes quotes from a disgrunted former employee isnt biased in the least....sorry for saying that earlier.
So the source(s) is/are lying? The facts come out when they come out.

Husky25

Reaction Score
1. The facts came out 8 years ago. These two stories rehash. There is nothing new.
2. Disgruntled ex-employees are bad sources.
3. Unnamed sources equate to no sources in the current 24/7 new cycle era.

Reaction Score
1. The facts came out 8 years ago. These two stories rehash. There is nothing new.
2. Disgruntled ex-employees are bad sources.
3. Unnamed sources equate to no sources in the current 24/7 new cycle era.
1. I don't remember hearing about sneaking in to locker rooms stealing playbooks 8 years ago
2. Who says they're disgruntled?
3. Doesn't even warrant a response

Not interested in discussing this further with you

Husky25

Reaction Score
1. I don't remember hearing about sneaking in to locker rooms stealing playbooks 8 years ago
2. Who says they're disgruntled?
3. Doesn't even warrant a response

Not interested in discussing this further with you
Where's the proof? Nanny cams have been around for decades. Multiple teams hired independent security to sweep the locker rooms for bugs and found exactly nothing.

That's it, though. Introduce a topic two days late and run away like a child.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
That's right you are not a lawyer and one of the 3 major tenets on which Judge Berman based his ruling was that Tom Brady was not given due process.

You mad bro? Coming off pretty defensive here, I'm a patriots fan too btw

Husky25

Reaction Score
Patriots are my second favorite team. I'm primarily a Washington fan. I just hate when people get railroaded and when others pile on with zero to no facts to back themselves up; just headlines they glean from Good Morning, America. The 'Skins, Cowboys, and Raiders got punished for going over the salary cap in an uncapped year and the NFL attempted to blackball Ritchie Incognito, as despicable as he may (or may not) be, with a separate Wells Report.

I think Goodell had good intentions when he took over for Tagliabue, but the Ray Rice situation killed him in the eyes of the owners. As I said before, this is a guy who could not deduce that Ray Rice knocked out his fiance' in an elevator occupied only by Ray Rice and his fiance'. Yet, he not only swallows (hook, line, and sinker), "More Probable than not," he ups the ante to "Brady is the mastermind of a scheme." Okay Roger. That makes sense. I think the guy is in way over his head, he has idiotic minions, and I can only hope he is not long for his job when his contract expires in 2018.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Lmao. Again, rumors and innuendo. You guys will believe anything you're told, won't you? ESPN has been caught in lie after lie on this thing. Hell, Bill Polian just said, "I take Roger at his word. He is nothing if not straight forward and honest". LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!

The long and the short of it is this: Bill Belichick is in the heads of damn near every organization in the league. They spend so much of their time on their own paranoia (finding nothing btw), that it takes away from their preparation. He has them beat before they even step on the field.

You cannot make up how funny this is. Phantom listening devices, throwing random iphone users out of stadiums, ball boys appear to be standing closer to coaches than anywhere else, GATORADE THAT IS TOO WARM! All that collective energy spent on nothing:

• Late last January … [m]ultiple teams called Seattle, unsolicited, with advice on how to secure the team’s practices for the Super Bowl. Their message was clear: You’re not playing John Fox’ Broncos again. You’re facing Bill Belichick and the Patriots. You never know who might be watching.
  • The Seahawks … hired extra guards and scanned any area nearby with a vantage point of the field. Security personnel monitored what locals call ‘A’ Mountain, the 1,400-foot hill that towers above the university’s athletic complex. They combed the parking garage and parking lots between Sun Devil Stadium and the practice fields.
  • At various times over the last decade, at least 19 NFL franchises took precautions against the Patriots that they didn’t take against any other opponent, people who worked for those teams told SI. Teams commonly clear out trash cans in their hotel meeting rooms in New England because they believe the Patriots go through them. One longtime head coach said he ran fake plays in his Saturday walkthroughs at Gillette Stadiumbecause he thought the Patriots might be spying on his team.
  • Teams wonder why ball boys in Foxborough seem to stand closer to opposing coaches than they do anywhere else. It is common for opposing teams to have an employee guard their locker room all day when they visit Foxborough, something they rarely do for other road games. One team that played there in recent years put a padlock on the doors when it arrived on the Saturday before a game.
  • At least five teams have swept their hotels, locker rooms or coaches’ booths in New England for listening devices, sometimes hiring outside professionals. None have been found.
  • During one Patriots road game last season their opponent suspected a man was illegally videotaping them with an iPhone from the visiting sideline. The man wasn’t wearing New England team gear, but the people who were filming during Spygate often weren’t wearing team gear either. It felt too much like Spygate II for the home team’s liking, and the man was kicked out of the stadium.
  • Another AFC team has brought its own sports drinks because the ones the Patriots supply are often late, warm or both.
  • Headset failures are not uncommon around the league — Sun Life Stadium in Miami, for instance, is notorious for frequency issues. But representatives from several teams told SI they have experienced problems with the coaches’ equipment at Gillette. …
  • In Brady’s first five years as a starter (2001 to ’05) the Patriots ranked 14th in the league in total fumbles. But since ’06, when a rule change took effect allowing road teams to provide their own balls on offense — previously home teams provided all game balls — the Patriots have fumbled less than all but one other team in the NFL.

As someone else said, they used to say all the same things about Red Auerbach. It's called getting your @ss kicked, and not being able to accept that it was because you were inferior.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lmao. Again, rumors and innuendo.
When it goes through a grapevine that Susie sucked off the football team after the prom, that's a rumor.

When Susie tells the school paper herself she sucked off the football team and the paper reports it, it's not a rumor.

All a Pats fan has is calling the staff members of their own team liars. But I'm sure a Pats fan, like Susie's dad, is ready to go through whatever lengths to write it off in such a childish way when he gets mocked by the rest of the neighborhood. Because they're deeply invested in the integrity of their respective entities. It's understandable.

Reaction Score
The long and the short of it is this: Bill Belichick is in the heads of damn near every organization in the league. They spend so much of their time on their own paranoia (finding nothing btw), that it takes away from their preparation. He has them beat before they even step on the field

Not the Giants:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01