Bob Diaco Is Not Getting a Fair Shake | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco Is Not Getting a Fair Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed. Warde is doing his best, and even beyond just mere self interest, he is a professional and wants to succeed. While Warde may speak as a AD (and AD is a political position), some of Bob's comments are really off the wall. His effort to create a rivalry with UCF after their one and only victory against an BCS opponent was embarrasing. While UConn desparately needs rivalries, they tend to be earned over time and not if your only other victory was a marginal one against Stoney Brook. Before you start braying about rivarly, please win games you are supposed to win, and a few you are not, otherwise you appear like a total fool.

That and the fact that I don't think the north was ever really in a war with Orlando.

Reaction Score
A career is not made in one season, grasshopper!

LOL. Let' s talk accountability and leadership for a second. Lots of different ways to identify what accountability and leadership is, but there are usually 4 common denominators that effectively break into categories of expectations, honesty, learning, and measuring progress.

I have 2 problems - expectations and learning, from our young leader.

Did this coach really expect a team to develop well on the field with his plan to approach the season rotating so many players, and never establishing a clear starting lineup on offense? Lots of ways to move from that simple yes or no response.

Has this coach learned from mistakes? As far as my interest goes, you don't even get to what those mistakes are until after you figure out what expectations were.

Careers are made based on goals, actions and patterns of behavior.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
From just a preparation standpoint, how many games this year have we seemed, uh...unprepared and unmotivated: I'd say BYU, Stony Brook, Temple, Tulane, Army and Cincy. I'm being generous by not adding the USF game, that was one I thought the defense was ready to play and the offense was never given a chance to play until the last drive.

And we're supposed to go easy on a coach who 50% of the time minimum has not put us in a position to succeed? .

Reaction Score
LOL. Let' s talk accountability and leadership for a second. Lots of different ways to identify what accountability and leadership is, but there are usually 4 common denominators that effectively break into categories of expectations, honesty, learning, and measuring progress.

I have 2 problems - expectations and learning, from our young leader.

Did this coach really expect a team to develop well on the field with his plan to approach the season rotating so many players, and never establishing a clear starting lineup on offense? Lots of ways to move from that simple yes or no response.

Has this coach learned from mistakes? As far as my interest goes, you don't even get to what those mistakes are until after you figure out what expectations were.

Careers are made based on goals, actions and patterns of behavior.

If we had some ham, we could have some ham and eggs, if we had some eggs.

I think we only had some cereal and a little bit of sour milk!

To your first question, I would answer "no."

To your second question, I would say it's hard to be sure what his mistakes were when we don't know the reasons why he made his decisions. (Although Pal has mentioned a certain quarterback change once or twice.)

As the CEO he is not likely to explain himself to us the fans nor should he, not now, not yet. No CEO would endure that kind of inquisition. We do not have a Desi/Lucy relationship with him.

Successful careers are based on results and achieving your goals: a man will be measured by his thoughts and actions and his achievements.

So in the end time will tell. It always does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom