Boatright still undecided on 2014 NBA Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boatright still undecided on 2014 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Boatright needs to come back and learn how to run a team " --- did you guys miss the NCAA tournament ? Boatright could without a doubt kill it in eurobasket. If he feels like he wants to get a paycheck go for it he's earned it. I don't think staying another year will necessarily launch him into the first round . Napier was liked a lot by gms right after his frosh year . Boatrights problems stem from his diminutive stature

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
nomar said:
With huge hops. Could be a speedy slot receiver who can go up and get it. Not saying he could make the NFL (he hasn't been playing football) but he has the physical skills of a pro WR. Speed, good hips, good hands, good vert. I'm glad he's been on the basketball court and not the football field, though!

If anything I'd see him as more of a corner. Great reaction time, quickness, toughness.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Boatright needs to come back and learn how to run a team " --- did you guys miss the NCAA tournament ? Boatright could without a doubt kill it in eurobasket. If he feels like he wants to get a paycheck go for it he's earned it. I don't think staying another year will necessarily launch him into the first round . Napier was liked a lot by gms right after his frosh year . Boatrights problems stem from his diminutive stature

I disagree with that. Boat is a better athlete and better defensively than Napier right now. He has to show he can play the 1, which I think he can do.

Reaction Score
Boatright has to prove he can a true PG. He has to get his assist up. He has to improve his decision making. Most importantly, he has to prove he can stop bigger guards consistently cause that he will face those type of guards in the NBA daily. He still has many question marks. I don't believe he will get drafted, but he will get a chance to play in Europe or China. He can make a living, but not NBA style living. Anyway, I hope he comes back for another year because it would be a mistake to declare for the draft this year.

Reaction Score

Let's be honest he played great in the tourney but did he "run the team" for more than a couple of minutes a game? I mean reality is he needs to prove he can play 30-35 minutes at point and make the team GO……..not an inaccurate statement at all.

Reaction Score
Nate Robinson is the same height as Boat and has been in the league for 9 years. Just sayin. Don't count Boat out, he is a fantastic athlete and as tough as they come.

Reaction Score
Dear Boat and DD,

Please know that there aren't any Boneyard posters qualified to advise you. Ignore this board and seek advice elsewhere.

The Boatright and Daniels that I saw throughout the entire season don't need "qualified" or "unqualified posters" to advise them because both absolutely, positively need to come back for their senior year. Neither is ready. Neither is anywhere near the level of consistency that we've seen from a Napier or a Kemba . . . . . or any one else who jumped early (see Hashem T for further proof).

Having said that, both were impressive in the tourney. Boat got away from forcing shots on offense and his defense was . . . . . absolutely terrific. But in the NBA he'll need more offensive firepower. Daniels? Is he the 20 point guy we saw against Michigan State (I believe . . . unless it was Florida) or is he the guy that would "go off the grid" and forget to show up at the arena with the rest of his teammates from time-to-time. Consistency is the key with him. He needs to be able to replicate his big games on a regular basis.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nate Robinson is the same height as Boat and has been in the league for 9 years. Just sayin. Don't count Boat out, he is a fantastic athlete and as tough as they come.
Nate Robinson is a freak. Huge vertical, really built for his size and playing rb in either high school or college. Boat is a good college player but he needs to work on a lot if he wants to make the big leagues

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Boatright and Daniels that I saw throughout the entire season don't need "qualified" or "unqualified posters" to advise them because both absolutely, positively need to come back for their senior year. Neither is ready. Neither is anywhere near the level of consistency that we've seen from a Napier or a Kemba . . . . . or any one else who jumped early (see Hashem T for further proof).

Having said that, both were impressive in the tourney. Boat got away from forcing shots on offense and his defense was . . . . . absolutely terrific. But in the NBA he'll need more offensive firepower. Daniels? Is he the 20 point guy we saw against Michigan State (I believe . . . unless it was Florida) or is he the guy that would "go off the grid" and forget to show up at the arena with the rest of his teammates from time-to-time. Consistency is the key with him. He needs to be able to replicate his big games on a regular basis.
I see your point but you can't blame Thabeet for leaving when he's the second pick in he draft. For most kids lottery/5-10 is the goal and Thabeet go there.

Reaction Score
I love them both. No NC without Daniels and Boatright. Simple as that. And they both came up HUGE in March.

Really hope they come back. For selfish reasons, as a UConn fan, I hope so. And to be honest, because I don't see either of them as good/long term NBA pros. Both real good college players who hopefully play four years and then maybe get a shot in the NBA or if not there---then I see long good careers in Europe ala Khalid El-Amin.

But if they go---will wish them well and have nothing but great memories of what they meant to UConn.

Reaction Score
DD should probably go. He should be a late first this year, getting approximately $3 million over 3 years with no guarantee he won't slip if he comes back. I get the feeling he's ambivalent about the decision, but will end up going. Boat is dying to go, but he can't logically do it. He's going to be undrafted, especially when they measure him. His real choice is between overseas and coming back, and he'll be worth more there as well as have a chance at the NBA after next year. No idea what he's going to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom