Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
Colorado is terrible. Deion will either succeed and be gone in less than 18 months or flame out and leave them in bad shape.

This whole “process” is an absurd fashion show.
If Deion wasn't at CU, would they even be excited?

That's the big issue with college football media and such. They think of publicity, excitement. CU is a great place, but they have struggled for a reason. I think Big 12 is good for them, but there is no buz in Boulder if Prime wasn't there. And that has a way of receding if result dn't follow.

Reaction Score
MSU-Marquette in the tourney had 10.91 viewers...big game.

Sunday’s Michigan State-Marquette NCAA men’s basketball tournament second round game averaged a 5.9 rating and 10.91 million viewers on CBS, down 5% in ratings and 3% in viewership from a higher-profile Michigan State-Duke game last year (6.2, 11.22M). As is typical of the late Sunday window on CBS, the game ranks as the most-watched of the tournament thus far.

Check your data,,

Ohio State-Michigan football had 17,4....Tenn-Georgia had 13,6...Bama-Tenn had 11.56,,,Bama-Texas had 10.6...Notre Dame-OSU had 10.53

I was looking at the wrong chart, had Notre Dame-OSU as the top rated game. I should've known that was wrong.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not state flagships!
Of course. But the potential following they bring is significantly more than say Houston, Cincinnati, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Wake and so on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

That's the big issue with college football media and such. They think of publicity, excitement. CU is a great place, but they have struggled for a reason. I think Big 12 is good for them, but there is no buz in Boulder if Prime wasn't there. And that has a way of receding if result dn't follow.
Kind of like Clemson and Dabo Swinny.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of course. But the potential following they bring is significantly more than say Houston, Cincinnati, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Wake and so on.
BYU has a big following. UCF has the worst following in the conference and shouldn't have been invited. I can only imagine the deep regret the Big XII has.

Reaction Score

CFB media is wild. Sometimes tradition and history matter and sometimes it's all about "what have you done for me lately?"

And the weight of importance of either changes to fit whatever narrative they want to push that day.

Reaction Score
As for Yormark, he's thinking outside the box. American Football has minimal appeal outside the U.S. and Canada. NFL tries to prop it up with European games, but it doesn't really take. Basketball is a global sport. So are the rights a conference sells global? I don't think so, those are U.S. distribution rights. Let's say the Big XII can sell basketball rights separately in Europe and LATAM?

Nobody has tried t. Maybe it doesn't work. But we know that kids playing hoop overseas know a bit about college basketball. If he can really turn it into a top of the heap basketball league, maybe add UConn and Arizona, can he pitch that to foreign media companies? Maybe even Amazon or a streaming service but outside the U.S.
Basketball isn't that big in LATAM, only the NBA is relevant, and that's really for the playoffs. Europe already has the euro league and local leagues, the market is saturated.

The real potential is Africa and Asia, but I doubt there is money to be had there.

Reaction Score
Each of the fifty states has a state flagship, but not all of them have perceived value in the context of power conference realignment. Some are thoroughly irrelevant. Accordingly, the state flagship boast is pretty meaningless. And stale.
You’re right, not all of them have perceived value. But ones that win NC’s and have almost 4 million people do.

Reaction Score
Each of the fifty states has a state flagship, but not all of them have perceived value in the context of power conference realignment. Some are thoroughly irrelevant. Accordingly, the state flagship boast is pretty meaningless. And stale.

According to who? The voices in your head?

Reaction Score
Basketball isn't that big in LATAM, only the NBA is relevant, and that's really for the playoffs. Europe already has the euro league and local leagues, the market is saturated.

The real potential is Africa and Asia, but I doubt there is money to be had there.
yeah, I never understood selling college sports in other countries other than an occasional tour

Reaction Score
Until the mess in the Pac-9 is stable I see no action taken. If Arizona goes the dominoes may fall quickly. Who is left in the musical chair game.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think the sticking point for AZ is AZ State. They share the same board of regents and many believe they are a package deal, even though AZ Robbins has publicly stated that they are not tied to the hip in this instance.

I'm not buying it. I think AZ would have jumped by now once Colorado made their decision. I understand that Yormark put a timer on the process, and if AZ can't get consensus from the board then UConn gets the call. They are taking this to the deadline, which everyone believes is end of day today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom