Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
You’re right, not all of them have perceived value. But ones that win NC’s and have almost 4 million people do.
I'll acknowledge your most recent national championship -- all of them, in fact. There's no doubt that UConn is a force in college basketball. But a state with a population of 4 million? That's about the same as the population of metro Houston.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll acknowledge your most recent national championship -- all of them, in fact. There's no doubt that UConn is a force in college basketball. But a state with a population of 4 million? That's about the same as the population of metro Houston.
Great point. Where is the University of Houston these days? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This dude has been insufferable every minute he has been here.

Reaction Score
Yep, what’s you’re point?

Reaction Score

It's a state also ranked 29th in population, ahead of 7 p5 states, 4 of which have 2 p5 schools

Reaction Score
Yep, what’s you’re point?
My point is that you folks keep boasting about the silliest things. Connecticut's population, UConn's state flagship status, its academics, and the relative wealth of your population, for example. If Connecticut is such a wealthy state, why is UConn's endowment so low? If UConn is such an academic powerhouse, why would you use the word "you're" when you mean "your?" That's not even English 101; it's grade school stuff. Get off your high horses and stop bragging about yourselves. Your strengths are well known, and so are your weaknesses.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
My point is that you folks keep boasting about the silliest things. Connecticut's population, UConn's state flagship status, its academics, and the relative wealth of your population, for example. If Connecticut is such a wealthy state, why is UConn's endowment so low? If UConn is such an academic powerhouse, why would you use the word "you're" when you mean "your?" That's not even English 101; it's grade school stuff. Get off your high horses and stop bragging about yourselves. Your strengths are well known, and so are your weaknesses.
That was a good talking-to.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

You know, nobody is forcing you to read a University of Connecticut athletic conference realignment message board?

Reaction Score
Who is this guy and what does he have to do with conference realignment and UConn?

Reaction Score
And that 4m is bigger than half the states currently in the B12.

By the way--unlike states like Iowa, Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Utah--Connecticut only has one large public D1 school that plays football. So allegiances aren't split.

Reaction Score
What’s you’re end game Hank? If this board frustrates you, maybe you’re school has a board you can join.

You’re dismissed.

Reaction Score
Who is this guy and what does he have to do with conference realignment and UConn?
I actually think Hank970 is an old school Utah fan. He was arguing that Utah should be ahead of UConn in the Big XII's analysis because Utah had Urban Meyer in their coaching tree. He also denied that the Great Salt Lake was about to dry up and poison everyone within 100 miles.

His is certainly entitled to his loopy opinions, but I don't get why he chooses to post here. Don't the Utes have a message board somewhere? Maybe he was too irritating to them and got kicked off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know you have a crappy argument when you turn into the grammar police. I generally don’t block people but this guy isn’t a fan and brings zero of value to the board.

Reaction Score
It is from someplace else. It does not understand the higher education dynamic of the northeast having many older, smaller, well regarded private schools with the larger endowments. It doesn't understand that the wealthy of Connecticut can support UConn athletics without having attended there. It must think everyone else on this board attended UConn. It has stated that it is on this board just for the angst and I reckon to inflame it which makes it a sadistic piece of poo.

Reaction Score
He claims to be educationally superior and doesn't know the Great Salt Lake is drying up?

He takes a dig at our population then later scolds us for talking about our population, probably because it dwarfs where he's from and he didn't know it.

Then he clings to a spell check glitch as evidence that we are inferior

I think he's entertaining

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps more relevantly, if you are so troubled by so many of the things you read on the Boneyard, why do you keep coming back here?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I actually think Hank970 is an old school Utah fan. He was arguing that Utah should be ahead of UConn in the Big XII's analysis because Utah had Urban Meyer in their coaching tree. He also denied that the Great Salt Lake was about to dry up and poison everyone within 100 miles.

His is certainly entitled to his loopy opinions, but I don't get why he chooses to post here. Don't the Utes have a message board somewhere? Maybe he was too irritating to them and got kicked off.
Utah fan is my take. We all know how much it hurts to be spurned. His reaction sounds somewhat like our own fans who’ve convinced themselves it’s going to happen to us again. They find things to dislike us. He finds things to dislike us.

Welcome to life’s emotional roller coaster.

Reaction Score
Well Connecticut has many prep schools and private universities like most of the NE. Many of the wealthy send their kids to prep schools so they can attend private universities most notably Ivy League schools and those in a tier below. Yes UConn academics are excellent and an excellent choice but not everyone can get into Storrs. Many have to start at the branches in Stamford, Hartford, Waterbury or Avery Point.l and May choose another school. The extreme wealthy still don’t look at public schools so the endowment isn’t what it could be. Basically the wealth of Connecticut is divided and a lot of that money goes to private schools.

That said we have proven over and over if we have the funds we can compete and thrive. Football with Mora will be in the top half in a short time. UConn is a great school with great academics.

Athletically our weaknesses are simply due to not being part of Power 5. When we were we did just fine. Admittedly we had some poor hires which didn’t help. Maybe everyone else is afraid what we can become if we had the funds.. are you?

Reaction Score
Hey our horses are not high!

Reaction Score

How does one ride multiple horses Mr. Grammarly?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom