Best Uniform Changes of 2013 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Uniform Changes of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Last winter somebody came up with a graphic that had the old Husky logo on the side of a blue helmet. Like to see a pic of the new logo on the side just to see what it would look like. I'm sure when they were originally running over ideas for the helmet that had to have been a consideration.

http://prntscr.com/2cgjwg

Here you go. I'm with you; I'd be fine to go with the "Husky Helmet", and get rid of that friggin' "Call of the Wild" nonsense:

newhusky.png

Reaction Score
I've said this in other threads before but I think the current design just needs to be tweaked.

If you took the cropped husky logo like the hockey team uses and made it large enough on the helmet so it goes the entire width of the facemask/forehead and THEN have the striping go back the design would look much much better. If I had better photoshop skills/more time I'd attempt a mockup myself but use your imagination and I think you'll agree it would certainly look more intimidating and complete.

BXdUdXBIMAAfK6i.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Anybody think the Dunkin Donuts logo needs an overhaul. I think that coffee cup needs to be more fierce looking
We need Dunkin Donuts to get the UCONN ad campaign state wide. I go to the Dunkin Donuts in Greenwich on RT 1 on game day to get a coffee before hitting the road...no UCONN branded cups or ads...you hit the one in Meriden right by the Rty 15/I-91 split and they have the UCONN ad campaign. I have yet to see UCONN ads/branded cups at any Dunkin in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
I think the current helmets are hideous. Can't get past it. Loved the block C. I keep wondering where the rest of the dog is. Looks like somebody ordered the decal too large so just said screw it, cut it down into a triangle and slap it on the front. Looks like an amateur job.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last winter somebody came up with a graphic that had the old Husky logo on the side of a blue helmet. Like to see a pic of the new logo on the side just to see what it would look like. I'm sure when they were originally running over ideas for the helmet that had to have been a consideration.

http://prntscr.com/2cgjwg
I liked these at the time. I wouldn't mind seeing a rendering of new dog there. I think we change from the existing helmets it will be to something more conservative.

Reaction Score
Guys, the block C is gone! Maybe in 20 years we will have a throwback game and use them. Not sure why we would ever do that though, considering it was bland and unoriginal and no one identified UConn with it except the people on this board.

UConn insider, I thought you mntioned something about these uniforms being a 1 year hold over and that next year's were going to be a dramatic change, does that still hold true? Would like if we ditched the piping on the jerseys, no need for it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah people talking about the block" C" like its still a viable option need to get a grip.

Unlike the school logo, the block C is of course still an option! What, do you believe that a uniform is set in stone? These things change all the time!

Consider how many helmet changes we have had since Skip Holtz was the coach. It might not be a block C, but be sure about the fact that the current helmet will likely not last the duration of Diaco's current contract...

Reaction Score
Here you go. I'm with you; I'd be fine to go with the "Husky Helmet", and get rid of that friggin' "Call of the Wild" nonsense:

newhusky.png
That's much better than what they are using now. Would still like to see the big UCONN on the back of them though, just as a reminder to the enemy who it is that's racing to the end zone in front of them.

Reaction Score
Unlike the school logo, the block C is of course still an option! What, do you believe that a uniform is set in stone? These things change all the time!

Consider how many helmet changes we have had since Skip Holtz was the coach. It might not be a block C, but be sure about the fact that the current helmet will likely not last the duration of Diaco's current contract...
I was under the impression the logo is the Husky head. Period. No more individual logos for football, WBB, MBB, hockey, etc with the exception of baseball keeping the script "C".

Reaction Score
I was under the impression the logo is the Husky head. Period. No more individual logos for football, WBB, MBB, hockey, etc with the exception of baseball keeping the script "C".

Exactly, we've been over this a million times but the "UConn brand" was disjointed with every team having its own logo. I'm not a huge fan of the new one, it has grown on me but I have always been fully supportive of the concept of unifying all sports with one logo. This is the main reason the Block C isn't coming back

The big issue with the Block C is that it is tied to FHCRE so there are many people within the AD and FB program that wanted as little as possible to do with him moving forward after the Fiesta Bowl departure, another reason the block C won't be coming back

Guys, the block C is gone! Maybe in 20 years we will have a throwback game and use them. Not sure why we would ever do that though, considering it was bland and unoriginal and no one identified UConn with it except the people on this board.
UConn insider, I thought you mntioned something about these uniforms being a 1 year hold over and that next year's were going to be a dramatic change, does that still hold true? Would like if we ditched the piping on the jerseys, no need for it.

Haven't heard much but kinda of knowing how Nike & UConn operate is that Nike will probably unveil some kind of football uniform template and UConn will adopt it. Wouldn't expect anything too crazy b/c UConn tends to be more conservative than other schools. Pretty simple: a blue uniform, a white uniform, maybe an alternate with more gray/silver. As far helmets, WM picked the current design but I'm sure if Coach Diaco has a different preference, I guess they can switch. I prefer my coaches to, yanno coach/recruit, but we have a long off-season so we need to do something to fill the time

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I'm not saying that we are going back to the block C. But what I'm saying is that the football helmet will likely change, and the people responsible for changing it will determine the direction that it goes. Heck, it could even be a different version of a C (we used to have a Chicago Bears-like "C" back in the day). It could be the logo on the sides of the helmet instead of the cropped version. By the way, the university wanted to consolidate the logos, but that still leaves room for multiples (cropped logo, full logo, the word "UCONN", etc.). It will be interesting to see how this goes, especially if they choose to usher in a new era with a new uniform for Diaco...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That's much better than what they are using now. Would still like to see the big UCONN on the back of them though, just as a reminder to the enemy who it is that's racing to the end zone in front of them.

Even though I am not a fan of the new logo, I would love to see the white helmet with the logo on the side (as shown in the picture). It brings back a look of the "snow white Jonathan" in a sense, even though we have had a blue helmet through much of our recent history...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think the current helmets are hideous. Can't get past it. Loved the block C. I keep wondering where the rest of the dog is. Looks like somebody ordered the decal too large so just said screw it, cut it down into a triangle and slap it on the front. Looks like an amateur job.
Bring back the block C!!!! There is a perfect world where both the Block C and the new Husky dog logo can live together in harmony. Help bring it back Bobby!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We do need alternate helmets/unis... Something like these maybe?
New UConn Helmet Designs.jpg

Reaction Score
BugsyCT's helmets were superior and can be done. The block "C" can be revived. Problem is the school wants to be branded UConn, not Connecticut.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@BugsyCT Those helmets are pretty damn good looking. I really would like to those on the field!

Reaction Score
We're a husky...the only options to make our mascot edgy would shift us toward a developmentally disabled wolf or an angry fox. Yet we still managed to exceed all expectations with the helmet...

AXA20131026175_UConn_at_SouthernMethodist.jpg

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm one of the few that likes the new unis and helmets but I'd really like to see us do like Ohio State and have stickers/decals that can be applied to the helmets... given for special performance, etc.
I think this would help the helmets not look as incomplete or empty as well. From the side, you'd still see something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom