Best Uniform Changes of 2013 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best Uniform Changes of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Try this with just the eyes, as the hockey rink had it.
30b44a1b-9c7d-4b94-9576-95ecc7d972dc_zps72eff23e.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alright, some thought.

I like the UCONN on the back. I've written this before. I like it because it's different, and I like the concept of defenders chasing down UCONN offensive players from behind, and seeing that UCONN in their field of vision, on our plays on the way to the endzone.

I like the tapered stripe down the middle of the helmet wide in front.

A blank side is ok with me, and if something has to be on the side, I would go with the PIttsburgh Steelers concept and put the husky dog logo, and just the dog logo on one side, and one side only, and not too big.

The husky eyes/face on front - not good.

Reaction Score
Diaco will have the key input. If he tells WM we need a new helmet design to match the new era of UConn football, WM will ask Nike to design some alternatives. If Diaco likes what we have, they will stay.

Reaction Score
Diaco will have the key input. If he tells WM we need a new helmet design to match the new era of UConn football, WM will ask Nike to design some alternatives. If Diaco likes what we have, they will stay.

LOL. Way to tow that line. Here's to hoping that Diaco doesn't like what we have.

Reaction Score

This look is AWESOME! The logo blended ito the UCONN is well balanced. I think you hit a home run, rather scored a touchdown, with these helmets. I would be very happy if we went with these. Now what to put on the back? Do you have in mind the decal on one side or both? Perhaps both sides would be too busy. You really should share this with Diaco and Warde. I think we all should support you in this. Nice work!

Reaction Score
This look is AWESOME! The logo blended ito the UCONN is well balanced. I think you hit a home run, rather scored a touchdown, with these helmets. I would be very happy if we went with these. Now what to put on the back? Do you have in mind the decal on one side or both? Perhaps both sides would be too busy. You really should share this with Diaco and Warde. I think we all should support you in this. Nice work!

Thanks for the props. If they were to go with something like this, they wouldn't need much on the back. The side decals would be busy enough, so no need to make it look like a stock car. ;) I would just have that decal on both sides, maybe a simple pointed stripe on the top, and call it a day.

None of these concepts have to be written in stone, just to give them food for thought that they could/should use something very close to these. Anything to ditch that abomination they have now.

Reaction Score
Not sure, I like all your mockups, specifically the last one with just the eyes over UCONN

Just FYI - I emailed all of them to a couple people in marketing, and their response was basically "thanks for your interest, but the team and Coach Diaco are happy with the (current) helmet."

Obviously wasn't expecting much else to come from that. :rolleyes:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just FYI - I emailed all of them to a couple people in marketing, and their response was basically "thanks for your interest, but the team and Coach Diaco are happy with the (current) helmet."

Damn! So I guess that's that.

Well, I thought your mock ups were cool.

Reaction Score

Yeah, if some random person emailed me at work and told me what to do, I'd probably give them a polite "F off" as well.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if some random person emailed me at work and told me what to do, I'd probably give them a polite "F off" as well.

Even if it's not random. My cousin went to work at a big dairy and noticed some procedures he determined could be handled better. He showed his fixes to his boss. He was told to off. He persisted. He was fired. The moral? If Diaco likes the helmets they are fine with me. As I've said before, if we win--everyone will grow to love them.

Reaction Score
View attachment 4859

These helmets are insanely awesome! Just throw the red outline around the stripes and put "HUSKIES" where the current "UCONN" lettering is placed such as DW4uconn suggested and call it a day.

That's the best design IMO I've seen yet. If I were a person in charge, I would go with that design right there. That is a design that is both classic and new, and stands out and is not bush league at all.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
View attachment 4859

These helmets are insanely awesome! Just throw the red outline around the stripes and put "HUSKIES" where the current "UCONN" lettering is placed such as DW4uconn suggested and call it a day.

This ^^^

Even without the red outline (in fact, I might like them better without the red outline), they are a million times better than our current helmets! Of the two choices UConn had, I am still mezmorized as to why they went with the current "Call of the Wild" choice and not these. Let's hope that they make the switch...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Out of all of them, I'd go with the half husky/UCONN on the side.

So marketing told you f-off, why not try Diaco? "New helmet for an new era"....yada, yada, yada. It's worth a shot.

For what it is worth, I always like these as an alternative helmet:

AmV02bICMAA6Qou.jpg

It would be interesting to see a version with the new husky, although I suspect it only works because of the all white husky.

Reaction Score
Even if it's not random. My cousin went to work at a big dairy and noticed some procedures he determined could be handled better. He showed his fixes to his boss. He was told to off. He persisted. He was fired. The moral? If Diaco likes the helmets they are fine with me. As I've said before, if we win--everyone will grow to love them.

That's total BullSh..t or your being sarcastic. Those helmets are intolerable.

Reaction Score

Go to his next radio show at a bar and bring all your pics and then see what he says. I'm sure he hasn't really thought much about the helmets considering his last month has been a whirlwind...

Reaction Score
The problem with the face-on logo is that it looks goofy on the side of a helmet...profile view logos make more sense there. I like the logo, but it's got a little too much grin for football...just tough to work with. Cutting off the grin was a good idea.
helmet2.jpg

Reaction Score
Out of all of them, I'd go with the half husky/UCONN on the side.

So marketing told you f-off, why not try Diaco? "New helmet for an new era"....yada, yada, yada. It's worth a shot.

For what it is worth, I always like these as an alternative helmet:

AmV02bICMAA6Qou.jpg

It would be interesting to see a version with the new husky, although I suspect it only works because of the all white husky.

I liked your opinion of the half Husky/ Uconn on the side. I agree our current logo likely would not work with this "alternative" concept. I also agree that Bugsy should not give up or be discouraged. We need to email Susan, Warde, Diaco, boosters such as Robert Burton and others. Here they are (all have @uconn.edu after the name)

robert.diaco

warde.manuel

president

richard.burton

Some others:

Don Patterson Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks donnie.patterson@uconn.edu
Mike Cummings Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends michael.cummings@uconn.edu
Anthony Poindexter Defensive Coordinator/Safeties anthony.poindexter@uconn.edu
Wayne Lineburg Special Teams Coordinator/Wide Receivers wayne.lineburg@uconn.edu
Vincent Brown Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers vincent.brown@uconn.edu
Kevin Wolthausen Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Line kevin.wolthausen@uconn.edu
Mike Foley Offensive Line michael.foley@uconn.edu
Ernest T. Jones Running Backs/Player Engagement ernest.jones@uconn.edu
Josh Reardon Co-Special Teams Coordinator/Cornerbacks joshua.reardon@uconn.edu
Mike Painter Director of Player Personnel michael.painter@uconn.edu
Sarah Lawless Director of Football Operations sarah.lawless@uconn.edu
Andy Baylock Director of Football Alumni & Community Affairs andrew.baylock@uconn.edu
Rebecca Dunstan Director of Football Office Administration rebecca.dunstan@uconn.edu
Patrick McGrath Assistant Director of Player Personnel Patrick.mcgrath@uconn.edu
Matt Wilson Assistant Director of Player Engagement matthew.f.wilson@uconn.edu

Of course a marketing person would reply as such. Marketing was responsible for coming up with that disaster. The higher ups that approved it likely do not want to admit it sucks either. The best you can hope for is to get your idea out to all the folks above to turn on the light bulb, although I strongly believe that there's already a finger on the switch. Just let them see it and let them also know not just you, but many fans hate those helmets. For what it is worth, I'll commit to two season tickets if they change the helmet. Either something similar to what you came up with or just simply something else. Good luck Bugsy and Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway