Best Uniform Changes of 2013 | The Boneyard

Best Uniform Changes of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The fact that the writer praised the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's uniforms says all that needs to be said.

Reaction Score
You can't adopt a radical new helmet design when your team is awful as it made the redesign look bush league. If UConn had been good this year, everyone would have liked the new innovative design.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
They've grown on me. I used to be ambivalent now that's morphed into a who cares kind of acceptance... :D

Reaction Score
And I've grown to much prefer the new Jonathan over the old. When the change first occurred i was against it.

Reaction Score
Still don't like the helmets, still look too amateur hour to me. Make them all blue(home), all white(away). Keep the UCONN on the back, add husky paws or some other small decal to each individual helmet as they achieve TD's, interceptions, sacks, ect., similar to what a number of other schools do. I think it would also be a good idea to add small decals to the back of individual helmets for bowl games/championship games played in. Will give something for recruits, freshmen to admire and strive towards.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ZopnXZr.jpg

I like the new uni's especially the red outlining on the letters. I don't mind the helmets but I can't quite say that I like them either.

Reaction Score
Only thing that might make this helmet better is a number on the side.
I'm for anything except this awful look.

Reaction Score
Uniforms are great, helmet designs still blow chunks. Ditch the cropped Husky on the crown and go back to the conventional logo on the sides. Either the block "C" or the new doggie logo will do fine. Even the word UCONN wouldn't be bad if done right.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was thinking they should really scrap the helmets this off-season.

I think if they put " UCONN" on the side of the helmet it would sort of look like the old GIANTS helmets.

That or just put the Husky on the side and call it a day. I think a lot of us gave the helmets a shot but they look pretty dumb

Reaction Score
I was thinking they should really scrap the helmets this off-season.

I think if they put " UCONN" on the side of the helmet it would sort of look like the old GIANTS helmets.

That or just put the Husky on the side and call it a day. I think a lot of us gave the helmets a shot but they look pretty dumb
Or they can keep the Husky stripe and put "UCONN" on the sides instead of the back.

We're stuck with this garbage. Might as well make the best of it. The old days were amazing. We had different logos for different sports. That's huge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
YES! My question to Diaco would be just this: "Are you keeping these rediculous jokech for big time college football helmets?"
I don't think that you'd get an answer. Think back to the beginning of the RENT. Randy introduced the Block C helmets & changed the uniform colors from Blue & white with red accents to Blue & white with silver (or gray) accents. The uniforms were at his discretion. That's not the case in the current environment. The University has made a concerted effort to rebrand its athletic department. Uniforms across all sports are to be just that: UNIFORM! That means the same color schemes, logos, lettering font. The coach no longer has final say over uniform presentation.

Reaction Score
ZopnXZr.jpg

I like the new uni's especially the red outlining on the letters. I don't mind the helmets but I can't quite say that I like them either.

They look incomplete. But if you added something they might look too busy. I say scrap them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Might I suggest a compromise. Keep the taper in a solid color with red outline, the UCONN at the back, and add the Block C to the side with the same red outline. Works for both white helmets and blue helmets.

Use the blue dog (sigh) as a secondary logo.

Reaction Score
Last winter somebody came up with a graphic that had the old Husky logo on the side of a blue helmet. Like to see a pic of the new logo on the side just to see what it would look like. I'm sure when they were originally running over ideas for the helmet that had to have been a consideration.

http://prntscr.com/2cgjwg

Reaction Score
After looking at the FBSchedules.com website with the helmets as schedules, I am really starting to like our Blue helmet that they use...even our white with the blue jersey looks good as it is now totally growing on me...we do not have much tradition so why not try something different and unique, AND STICK with it...don't change it ever again...it screams college football from the side with nothing on it like Army, Penn State, Notre Dame, BC (they still suck) yet has the uniqueness down the middle and on the back...and what makes it even better now, One word....DIACO...it's going to be even better if we still are sticking with this helmet 20 years from now...sorry but that Rome interview still has me all jacked up. Warde was right about the helmets just like he has been with all three of his hires...now just get us in a new conference, BiG preferably and he truly will be the Rock Star of rock stars, or even the "indispensable man" if you will.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm one of the few that likes the new unis and helmets but I'd really like to see us do like Ohio State and have stickers/decals that can be applied to the helmets... given for special performance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom