B1G | Page 3 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought about this too. Is there an exit fee from Hockey East?
There doesn't seem to be one. Perhaps the B1G wants us to develop our hockey program before we get an invite?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There doesn't seem to be one. Perhaps the B1G wants us to develop our hockey program before we get an invite?

Maybe we go all in except hockey for a few years?

Reaction Score
Maybe we go all in except hockey for a few years?
You'd have to take that up with Mr. Delany. We are definitely a perfect fit for either the B1G or the ACC.

Reaction Score
If, hypothetically, the rumors of a BIG invite for UConn is true, could the delay be because of the challenge of not only getting UConn out of the Big E contract; but, also the Hockey East contract, which UConn signed earlier in the year? I doubt that the BIG, which just started its hockey league with 6 teams, would want UConn playing in Hockey East. It would also offer Delany another hole to rip into ND as ND told-off the BIG for hockey membership and then skated into Hockey East with UConn on their coattails.

If there is an exit cost to leave a hockey league, it is not material in the context of the dollars being talked about. Hockey will not hold this process up for two seconds.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If there is an exit cost to leave a hockey league, it is not material in the context of the dollars being talked about. Hockey will not hold this process up for two seconds.

Agreed. They'd have to hammer out some particulars but not enough to be a barrier. Just another i to dot.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

"So, Okay, hoser, here's our final offer: you give us two buckets of extra-crispy, extra mashed potatoes, a twelve-pack of Labatt's, and that real hot poster of that downhill chick, and you can leave".

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
How the **** does this thread have less views and messages than a thread debating how many ****ing votes Louisville got in a fictitious ACC vote?

Never forget this is Connecticut, the ultimate kingdom of the naysayer.

Reaction Score
I agree that from a financial standpoint, the hockey issue is immaterial. I am more concerned if the hockey contract that grants UConn’s rights to Hockey East for an x period of time, which would not be acceptable to the ‘all in or nothing’ BIG. I have not seen the Hockey East contract, which UConn women’s hockey already plays in, so no idea if this is an issue or not.

Reaction Score
I agree that from a financial standpoint, the hockey issue is immaterial. I am more concerned if the hockey contract that grants UConn’s rights to Hockey East for an x period of time, which would not be acceptable to the ‘all in or nothing’ BIG. I have not seen the Hockey East contract, which UConn women’s hockey already plays in, so no idea if this is an issue or not.

Stop the madness. We would fold our hockey teams before we let it hold up moving to the Ten.

Hockey East does not have a multi year GOR. Football just started them in the last year and a half. Sheesh. The TV money involved is trivial.

Reaction Score
I remember reading something about Tom Pernetti (Rutgers AD) telling big time donors at the Arkansas game that Rutgers was B1G bound. Someone posted it to the Rutgers forum and it was subsequently deleted.

Messages boards are filled with misinformation, but not sure why a Rutgers fan would go to a West Virginia board and say Virginia and UConn are B1G bound.

Who knows, my story above may not be entirely accurate, but at this point - what is?

He is indeed the one who broke the news about Rutgers going to the B1G. He mentioned it in July.

Here is a thread from the Rutgers scout board.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=183&f=1109&t=9369572

Reaction Score
I am sick of the ACC thread with its 142,000+ views.

I am sick of the elitist duckWADS in the ACC continuing to turn their noses up at my Alma Mater.

I am sick of the ever changing criteria to be included in the ACC's alleged big boy conference. (Academics?? Market size?? Being located in a Coastal State??)

You guys can all go S*CK my left nut. (I'm looking at you, Duke.)

I therefore have decided to start a new thread for our eventual home, the Big 10.

Hello, Mr. Delany. (notice I spelled your name correctly, unlike those hillbillies in the ACC...)

On behalf of the great State of Connecticut and its flagship University, let me be the first to announce that we are pleased to join the Big 10 conference. Save your stamp. Save the long distance call. We've already joined. I have been granted authority in this matter by the Boneyard.

By copy of this post, I have advised the Big East conference that UConn will no longer be a member effective June 30, 2013. Beginning July 1, 2013 UConn will be a full member of the Big 10. As of that date, the Big East Conference will no longer be allowed to claim any of UConn's national championships from its BE membership years. Those include:

• Men's Basketball - 1999, 2004, 2011
  • Men's Soccer - 1981, 2000
  • Women's Basketball - 1995, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010
  • Women's Field Hockey - 1981, 1985
As a gesture of good faith, and in appreciation of our partnership going forward, please feel free to add the foregoing to your conference's list of national championships.

(Sidebar to my "friends" in Providence: duck YOU, YOU WHINY, SPINELESS LEACHES!)

One thing you may not know about the University of Connecticut - when we reach national championship games, we win them. UConn is a perfect 10-0 in national championship games in basketball.

What does this have to do with you? Simple.

UConn football is currently like a toddler. Unsure on its feet, but incredibly hungry and growing quickly. You b*tches better enjoy the first year or two of playing us in football, because from there on out, you'd better just put a big fat red "L" on your schedule where it says "Connecticut".

If you doubt what I have to say, just ask Syracuse. They've decided to retreat to the ACC and stop playing us.

Or Pitt. Also retreating.

Or Louisville. Trying to retreat - but had to play us this past Saturday. We tried to keep them in the game by letting GDL coach our offense, but the dipsh*ts lost to us anyway. AT HOME.

Perhaps you'd like to check with BC, who managed to lose to us something like 23 straight times in men's basketball. Those b*tches had enough and snuck out to the ACC after that.

Notice a pattern?

Enough small talk. What can you do for us, you ask?

Put us in a division with the biggest, bada$$ football programs you've got. duck Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois. Stick them with Snooki, Edsall, and the other 3 schools you decide to let in after us.

Feel free to schedule the UConn press conference at your convenience. Susan Herbst and Warde Manuel are good people, and I will make sure they are available with appropriately glowing remarks about your conference.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, it is this type of post that exposes the type of fan and caliber of student at UConn that makes the University to be continually passed over when it comes to inviting future members by other conferences. With a possible ACC membership on the line, all this post does is prove the dissenters correct in their assessment of UConn and its' fans.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, it is this type of post that exposes the type of fan and caliber of student at UConn that makes the University to be continually passed over when it comes to inviting future members by other conferences. With a possible ACC membership on the line, all this post does is prove the dissenters correct in their assessment of UConn and its' fans.

The caliber of student that would extrapolate from a post on a message board (and clearly, tone of voice and context is not your forte) a general axiom about a school's academic quality is not highly valued either. Or maybe it is--down south.

Reaction Score
Was the last post a joke?

It has to be a joke. Just has to. I refuse to believe that anyone is convinced that a billion dollar industry makes decisions based on messageboard posts.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Oh, hartford84... if only you had warned us sooner that the ACC presidents were so sensitive to satiric posts on the internet, we would have stopped mavsblues from hurting their widdle feewings!

Reaction Score
Dear Hartford84:

MIDDLE_FINGER_CHILD.jpg

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Unlike your post that shows how many words one can fit into a twisted mess of run-on sentences while trying their hardest to sound intelligent.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
#badofdildos

lmfao i just realized now bad-bag...

i have been pumping the b10 for a while here and now its clearly caught fire. if we dont get a invite i think this board is going to have my head lol

indiana is currently handing a beat down to unc on espn. its a future matchup...

Reaction Score
Geezus.

I step away from the computer for a few hours, and the chicken littles retake control of this board. Unbelievable.

Some facts for you Debbie Downers to contemplate:

1) B1G has never, ever, leaked info before a deal was done. Why is this important? Because this past week rumors surfaced that Duke, NC, VA, ND, and Kansas were being vetted for possible B1G membership. Guess what? Based on past indications, those schools have just been eliminated as B1G possibilities.

2) I told you last week that if the B1G has its eyes on securing the northeast (and I think they do), they would be wise to add UConn and Syracuse. You lock up NYC, upstate NY, and southern New England. That's an awful lot of TV's. Guess what two schools have not been mentioned in the B1G expansion rumors? UConn and Syracuse. Others here will quickly make snide remarks that it's because we suck and/or are not worthy, but that didn't stop B1G from adding Rutgers and Maryland. Prior to that move, there was one lone voice stating that RU was going B1G. Yesterday, that one lone voice (RUlookingatme) said UConn was gone to B1G.

3) Everyone on the internet is jumping to the conclusion that the ACC chose Louisville OVER UConn. How the hell do they know that for a fact? Answer: they don't - they're making assumptions. Did it ever dawn on anyone that we may be stalling to see what B1G does? Or, heaven forbid, that we already know that we're going B1G? Before you spout off on how crazy I am, let me just say that if you really think the Duke/NC faction would EVER give in to FSU and Clemson on anything, you are crazier than I am.

4) B1G is going to expand further. Delany has all but guaranteed it. He's even gone so far as to say the conference will be adding games in both football and basketball, and further, he identified Southern New England as an attractive maket for BTN. Either B1G expansion will include us, or their expansion elsewhere opens up slots in ACC/Big 12 that we may fill.

5) I expect reporting on this issue for the next month or two to be even more FOS than usual. Conferences are going to be intentionally putting out misinformation, because the end is approaching and they know it. Stop believing everything you read.

6) The ACC has clearly been our backup plan all along. They weren't going to wait around forever. They finally decided to pull the trigger on Louisville, their second choice. I applaud their decision.

You guys can cry in your Cheerios if you want to. Pardon me if I wait a little longer before I fall on my sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom