B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
thankfulfor_arianny_sl.jpg

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Finding this thread makes trying to catch up on the 14,000 other threads worth it

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Best Conference thread by far!!!

Reaction Score
a. I never could stand Wake Forest fans Screaming "ACC, ACC, ACC!" at the Car Care Bowl in Charlotte. To paraphrase E. Scrooge in this holiday season: Anyone Chanting "ACC, ACC, ACC!" should be buried with a stake of holly through his heart!
b. After the continual raping of the Big East by said ACC, I'd be in a perpetual state of nausea if that logo is emblazoned & desecrates the sacred ground of the RENT or any playing surface in Storrs.
c. The gang of 3 who were involved in the initial mutilation have my neverending scorn. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" & UConn's steel has been forged in the perpetual hellfire that those 3 should be relegated to.

#B1GHARDER!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Awesome post and awesome thread. I'm ready to start tailgating for the Michigan game right now.

#B1GHARDER

Reaction Score
Maybe the best post I have ever read! Keeping my fingers crossed that my dreams of the B1G come true. I will pray a little harder tonight...

Reaction Score
I'll throw some fuel into the fire #B1GHARDER

**This is from the WvU boards and appears to be a RU poster stating his source most likely is Stop but would be amazing if it was true**

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=10639832&p=3

"​
Posted: Today 2:03 PM
Re: Source close to Tyler Phommachanh says UConn and Virginia to Big 10
Source says it's done. "

Reaction Score
unfortunately, UVA put out a PR that they have not talked to anyone and are committed to the ACC. Maybe B1G ads us first, waits on ND and then approaches UVA if nothing moves.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I remember reading something about Tom Pernetti (Rutgers AD) telling big time donors at the Arkansas game that Rutgers was B1G bound. Someone posted it to the Rutgers forum and it was subsequently deleted.

Messages boards are filled with misinformation, but not sure why a Rutgers fan would go to a West Virginia board and say Virginia and UConn are B1G bound.

Who knows, my story above may not be entirely accurate, but at this point - what is?

Reaction Score
unfortunately, UVA put out a PR that they have not talked to anyone and are committed to the ACC. Maybe B1G ads us first, waits on ND and then approaches UVA if nothing moves.

Yea I read that as well, but thats like saying last year when rutgers and others (teams currently trying to jump ship and that were last year) were "dedicated" to the big east look where that got them..

Not to mention I read here on the BY that if an ACC team even enters talks with another conference they have to pay the exit fee, so as far as I see it I would say exactly that if I was UVA regardless if I was leaving or was not.

Reaction Score
I remember reading something about Tom Pernetti (Rutgers AD) telling big time donors at the Arkansas game that Rutgers was B1G bound. Someone posted it to the Rutgers forum and it was subsequently deleted.

Messages boards are filled with misinformation, but not sure why a Rutgers fan would go to a West Virginia board and say Virginia and UConn are B1G bound.

Who knows, my story above may not be entirely accurate, but at this point - what is?

And I believe the guy now posting that this is a done deal was the same guy that broke that news.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You wanna know how it's official? I'm rooting for the B1G in the B1G/ACC Challenge. Official.

Reaction Score
If, hypothetically, the rumors of a BIG invite for UConn is true, could the delay be because of the challenge of not only getting UConn out of the Big E contract; but, also the Hockey East contract, which UConn signed earlier in the year? I doubt that the BIG, which just started its hockey league with 6 teams, would want UConn playing in Hockey East. It would also offer Delany another hole to rip into ND as ND told-off the BIG for hockey membership and then skated into Hockey East with UConn on their coattails.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If, hypothetically, the rumors of a BIG invite for UConn is true, could the delay be because of the challenge of not only getting UConn out of the Big E contract; but, also the Hockey East contract, which UConn signed earlier in the year? I doubt that the BIG, which just started its hockey league with 6 teams, would want UConn playing in Hockey East. It would also offer Delany another hole to rip into ND as ND told-off the BIG for hockey membership and then skated into Hockey East with UConn on their coattails.

I thought about this too. Is there an exit fee from Hockey East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom