Attendance guesses for the 3 games today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Attendance guesses for the 3 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Waaaah, someone is sad they're stuck in a joke of a conference playing in a sh1thole armpit of a city before no fans. How's that power football program going? Bahahaha.
imported.jpg
Its okay i guess

Reaction Score
You claim you love the new BE cause you love northeast basketball, yet you never looked at map and figured out only 4 of the 1o teams in the BE are in the northeast, sorry if I chuckle everytime I see you troll.

5**... I counted georgetown

Reaction Score
Classy...get that joke out of your fanny pack?

We can say whatever we want, you may not not have noticed but this isn't a PC board. If those in fact do exist i suggest you find it and utilize it. Or you can stay here and get offended when we mention the crop circles on the back of your coaches head.

caw

Reaction Score
Because people care about the BE and their schools and basketball history and NYC is fun and expensive. And no one cares about the American and the city of Hartford CT and Cracker Barrell can't compete with Midtown Manhattan?

The bigger question is how the BE couldn't even fill MSG? I mean it makes sense the AAC attendance would stink with all going against it, but does the NBE/C7+3 have an excuse?

NYC is there even if the team losses.
Quick road trip (or subway trip) for SJU/PC/SHU/Nova and Georgetown students not to mention fans.
Random college ball fans in Manhattan.

How is that not a sellout when those teams are playing?

Is any AAC school (UConn excluded) closer to Hartford than Georgetown is to NYC?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There the definitely was. It was pretty packed. Except for the Bridge and the upper 200 seats

I went to the quarters last year when the building was overrun with Creighton fans and they didnt get 15k.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
These games are on television - we can see that they're not packed.

Go play make-believe somewhere else.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The bigger question is how the BE couldn't even fill MSG? I mean it makes sense the AAC attendance would stink with all going against it, but does the NBE/C7+3 have an excuse?

NYC is there even if the team losses.
Quick road trip (or subway trip) for SJU/PC/SHU/Nova and Georgetown students not to mention fans.
Random college ball fans in Manhattan.

How is that not a sellout when those teams are playing?

Is any AAC school (UConn excluded) closer to Hartford than Georgetown is to NYC?

You've clearly never been to a Big East Tournament. Even when the league was 100x better than it is today there were plenty of sessions with the building half empty and there were never any students in attendance for the majority of the schools.

Reaction Score
I went to the quarters last year when the building was overrun with Creighton fans and they didnt get 15k.

Wrong. Your pathetic crowd estimates notwithstanding they got over 15k for every Creighton game last year. This year already saw 15k in today's afternoon session. Friends attended last year and this year and confirmed the building was a mostly full today. You're sadly mistaken and terribly defensive about this. Anyway let's get back on topic. You need to get back to explaining why a school who is defending national champs with 20,000 students couldn't get 6k to a tourney game in their own backyard?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wrong. Your pathetic crowd estimates notwithstanding they got over 15k for every Creighton game last year. This year already saw 15k in today's afternoon session. Friends attended last year and this year and confirmed the building was a mostly full today. You're sadly mistaken and terribly defensive about this. Anyway let's get back on topic. You need to get back to explaining why a school who is defending national champs with 20,000 students couldn't get 6k to a tourney game in their own backyard?

I'm not mistaken nor am I bitter. I was there last year and have a first hand account of the attendance and the amount of Creighton fans who made up the attendance.

Puff your chest up on published numbers. This is your season Providence.

Reaction Score

Listen bro. There was a great crowd this afternoon. Sellout? NO. Great Crowd? yes. You have to count all the people that bought tickets and attended. You have to consider that at any given time not everyone is on their seats.

1) some People that come for the first game leave before the second
2) People that are interested on the second game arrive late for the first game

When that's taken to account I can assure you that today the afternoon session was a near sellout. I was there and I saw it. Great attendance. Congrats to PROV, NOVA for showing up in numbers... St. John's? not so much to be the home team

The night session was slightly weaker and people took a while to arrive. It topped out near halftime of the georgetown-Creighton game and then a lot of people left after that game was over. By the time the Butler-Xavier game was done... there were only a several thousand diehards (5-6k on their seats spread across the arena)

happens. No one is trying to mask that Big East has the greatest attendance. It doesn't. This current configuration of the league has a long way to go before they can draw and sell out this arena. It is what it is. Nothing is going to be like the old Big East.

Last edited:

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I was at the XL tonight and the lower bowl was mostly full for the 6-11 game, so not as awful as some are trying to make it to be. I was also at MSG in 2012 for the early round games (when the Big East was the real Big East) and the place was a freaking graveyard. Early round games are tough for all conferences. We all get it. Tomorrow should be be much better.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
And I'll fully admit, even with NCAA violations and sanctions over the years, I respect Calhoun and UCONN and what they've done, how can you not? But man, with almost 20,000 undergrads and hundreds of thousands of alumni, 5k seems like a rough draw at home for the defending champs in their tourney opener.

What if I told you single-session tickets have been on sale for a grand total of 10 days?

Reaction Score
the BET is so amazing, they don't miss Uconn or Syracuse at all.Oh and by the way, you can buy a ticket for the BET final for $65 on stubhub. That ticket was $175 three years ago.

Enjoy your beat down tomorrow PC fans. Ollie got twice as many NCAA wins in 2.5 weeks last year than your program has had in 27 years combined.

Haha, I was gonna say that.

Think about it for a second. UConn has twice as many tournament wins in the 2014 tournament as Providence has since 1987. That is absolutely ridiculous.

caw

Reaction Score
You've clearly never been to a Big East Tournament. Even when the league was 100x better than it is today there were plenty of sessions with the building half empty and there were never any students in attendance for the majority of the schools.

Never went to the opening round games. That is true. Went to the finals while a student a few times. Went to the Semi's most years as a kid.

Reaction Score

Let's cut this guy some slack - as a PC fan he obviously does not have any experience with how attendance typically grows in a tournament after the first round.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
What if I told you single-session tickets have been on sale for a grand total of 10 days?

...not to mention UConn backed into even playing today, by virtue of end-of-season losses. I'm sure that had no impact whatsoever on people wanting to go :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We can say whatever we want, you may not not have noticed but this isn't a PC board. If those in fact do exist i suggest you find it and utilize it. Or you can stay here and get offended when we mention the crop circles on the back of your coaches head.

Oh, I get it. Message boards are a sacred area where you can act like a classless idiot? Tell ya what, pull your head out of the Cheetos and take a look at what's going on at OU, being an has consequences. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your parents are proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom