Arkansas Postgame Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The prepping of the refs is a really interesting thought that I suspect was not enacted, maybe because the initial strategy assumed UConn gets the ball back with 5+ seconds and pushes it up the court to get an open 3.

Looking at the game film, as Christyn starts to dribble up the court, you can see Geno, outside the coaching box waiving his arm and calling for a timeout at the nearest sideline ref. How long it took for the ref to recognize that request and blow his whistle can’t be determined from the game film.
Geno post game presser stated that was not the plan .

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Give it a rest Coco. We’ve been all over this, and I don’t hold “no one accountable.” I specifically suggest Geno overcoached the situation.

Beyond that, whatever bug you have up your *** about me is tiresome for everyone on the BY and serves no useful purpose.

While you are one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum, you frequently misstate other peoples comments and refuse to even consider anyone’s position if it does not align with your own.
1612031331901.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno post game presser stated that was not the plan .
Listen to it again. At first Geno says, “It was going to be a timeout.” Then he contradicts himself to say, “We talked about it in the huddle and if there was enough time it was going to be a breakaway.” Somewhere I believe he also mentioned 5 seconds, which most basketball people commonly assume to be the time it takes for a player to push the ball up the court and get a good shot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Listen to it again. At first Geno says, “It was going to be a timeout.” Then he contradicts himself to say, “We talked about it in the huddle and if there was enough time it was going to be a breakaway.” Somewhere I believe he also mentioned 5 seconds, which most basketball people commonly assume to be the time it takes for a player to push the ball up the court and get a good shot.
The second comment was coverage for CW's mistake. Geno is not going to hang her out to dry. The reference to 5 seconds (4.3 to be exact) was the maximum amount of time that was going to be available on the clock if Ak used the full possession.

Reaction Score
Not every moment- that moment. CW was the one that rebounded the AK miss. Again CW and Every other player on the floor should have know that AK HAD TO SHOOT before the clock hit 4.3.
I thought it was 3.9secs that they had to shoot. So as the opposition gets ready to shoot, the players need to know the time on the clock...hmm...some can do that and some cannot..... I think you may know what I am saying.

I'm still wondering if GA can just call the time out himself as soon as the rebound is secured. I know he can, but will the ref recognise it from the otherside of the court. I guess he should try to keep himself as close to the backcourt ref as he can. That seems to me the best way of doing it.

Reaction Score
The prepping of the refs is a really interesting thought that I suspect was not enacted, maybe because the initial strategy assumed UConn gets the ball back with 5+ seconds and pushes it up the court to get an open 3.

Looking at the game film, as Christyn starts to dribble up the court, you can see Geno, outside the coaching box waiving his arm and calling for a timeout at the nearest sideline ref. How long it took for the ref to recognize that request and blow his whistle can’t be determined from the game film.
hmmm that is some important info to know oldude. I think I would run on the court waving my hands and dare the refs to call a Tech.....

Reaction Score
Ah.... The Time Out Thread;AKA A Pity party and litany of excuses specifically designed to hold no one accountable AKA "it is not easy". It gets harder when you don't hold people accountable.
I don't care about the blame game. I just want to figure out if there is a way of doing it without relying on the rebounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom