April UConn recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

April UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
I’m assuming she’s just competing against the regular Girls’ Under Armour circuit teams. They were just as good when she competed in the Nike EYBL circuit last Summer.

In the videos that I've seen, she looks very skilled and aggressive............at 6'2" I assume she's a small forward/wing.........if that's the case my only question is about her defensive quickness at the next level

Reaction Score
In the videos that I've seen, she looks very skilled and aggressive............at 6'2" I assume she's a small forward/wing.........if that's the case my only question is about her defensive quickness at the next level
I’ve been wanting McGaughy for a long time and I still think I’d rather have her but I have to admit Macy’s shooting percentages are hard to ignore! McGaghy I believe, is an inch taller and has said that UConn is her dream school. She possesses many of the same skills as Macy but….that shooting percentage really makes one sit up and take notice!

Reaction Score
I’ve been wanting McGaughy for a long time and I still think I’d rather have her but I have to admit Macy’s shooting percentages are hard to ignore! McGaghy I believe, is an inch taller and has said that UConn is her dream school. She possesses many of the same skills as Macy but….that shooting percentage really makes one sit up and take notice!
Am I mistaken or did McGaughy come out with a list of schools and UConn was not included among them?

Reaction Score

This list was from six weeks ago though. Perhaps there's a newer one.

My bad................I remember lots of folks wondering why UConn didn't go after her hard once she said UConn was her dream school........she's a very tough, physical forward with finishing skills so she's certainly worthy of an offer..........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My bad................I remember lots of folks wondering why UConn didn't go after her hard once she said UConn was her dream school........she's a very tough, physical forward with finishing skills so she's certainly worthy of an offer..........

There is some question as to whether the five schools she has planned to visit means she is down to five programs. UConn is not one of those schools. So it's an unknown.

Reaction Score
There is some question as to whether the five schools she has planned to visit means she is down to five programs. UConn is not one of those schools. So it's an unknown.
ahhhh so I wasn't totally imagining it.........my fading brain feels a bit better......

Reaction Score
I think we are sitting pretty for a 4 type in the 2025 class. I like all three between Somfai, McGaughy, and Macy and all three like Uconn, so getting one of the three seems very likely. Not nearly as confident about getting one of the midsize wing types (Alexander, Johnson etc.), although Emely from 24 class might fill that instead.

Reaction Score
New follow from Coach Valley: 6’1 G/CG from Canada, “Agot Makeer”. Class of 2025. Made a name herself this season, now a Top 10 player in her class per ESPN.

She looks really good.

Reaction Score
New follow from Coach Valley: 6’1 G/CG from Canada, “Agot Makeer”. Class of 2025. Made a name herself this season, now a Top 10 player in her class per ESPN.

That's Lara Somfai # 4 for IMG in the screenshot of this media highlight.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Gandy Malou-Mamel (2025 | NJ ShoreShots HGSL 17U)
The Rise threw the kitchen sink at Malou-Mamel, a 6-foot-6 forward committed to UConn, and she still found a way to pile up 18 points and nine rebounds in a loss. The Gil St. Bernard’s forward has great special awareness, anticipating where defenders will come from. That paired with her size and terrific hands make her a real threat in the pick & roll game. She uses her size well, often scoring through her defenders with some agility to go around them as well. A baseline drive and wraparound pass for an assist hinted at some playmaking ability too.

Jordyn Palmer (2027 | Philly Rise EYBL 17U)
Palmer, a 6-foot-1 forward from Westtown, is becoming virtually impossible to stop when she gets a head of steam heading toward the rim. She used a floater, a Eurostep and some old fashioned tough finishing through contact during a 16-point outing in a win over the Shoreshots. Palmer stepped outside and swooshed through her lone attempt from deep as well. She’s still only a high school freshman but her strength ripping down rebounds from players a few years her elder was eye-popping as well.

Reaction Score

Wow, what a quick shot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom