Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would it actually change your mind if you knew she made the visit to UCONN-her 3rd!? Here is a picture of her visiting UCONN. She's the other one with the dimples.
CsrcYzJWIAAdxHl.jpg

I know she visited UConn between the Texas and ND visits but the above poster made it seem like she a trip planned recently and that is what I was asking about.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I know she visited UConn between the Texas and ND visits but the above poster made it seem like she a trip planned recently and that is what I was asking about.
she said she will be visiting UConn again after the September visits of all 3 schools... I missed that nugget.

I also think "Longtime Fan" has his info/dates mixed up which is rubbing off onto you.

Megan has come to UConn with the other recruits this past fall... before the "First Night" event. Some thought she'd be attending the First Night event but she didnt because she was attending her "High School Homecoming" event.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Today is October 27. The LOI signing period is November 9-16. Evina Westbrook has said that she will announce on November 10. Megan has said that she may announce on November 9. We should know fairly soon.

Reaction Score
Today is October 27. The LOI signing period is November 9-16. Evina Westbrook has said that she will announce on November 10. Megan has said that she may announce on November 9. We should know fairly soon.

Is November 9th a better day from a branding standpoint then November 10th?:rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

There was no planned trip for MW to UCONN after her official visit. The confusion might have been from the speculation of her coming to first night. She did not make it to first night because that was HS homecoming & she was the Homecoming Queen.

Reaction Score
I've been saying Texas from the start. Well, really after her visit there. I think its a done deal. I've moved on.

The more I think about it I think you are right about her going to Texas. This is just my opinion but I think she may be too concerned with individual stats and accolades to be the right fit for UConn. At the AAC preseason media day Geno said in an interview that the majority of "kids these days want to be in the spotlight and lead the nation in scoring" but at UConn that "probably will never happen" because of the selfless basketball they play. He then said "the only thing you will ever lead the nation in at UConn is wins". IMHO one of the best quotes ever by Geno.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Would it actually change your mind if you knew she made the visit to UCONN-her 3rd!? Here is a picture of her visiting UCONN. She's the other one with the dimples.
CsrcYzJWIAAdxHl.jpg

Apropros of just this picture, it's amazing how that photo-bombing blondie in the back has her eyes perfectly on the camera. Maybe it's a generational thing. In either case, she's got her "mark down" perfectly! :cool:

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Hey there -- Did Megan W. post/get quoted that she "may announce on Nov. 9th."
If she does, we can kick back and relax ( :rolleyes: yea, right) for a week or so.
In the meantime, I just saw that Rellah Boothe is purportedly taking an OV to Texas, adding another domino to the deck. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wasn't there another Boothe not to long ago that may have played at Stanford... or another school?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
wasn't there another Boothe not to long ago that may have played at Stanford... or another school?
Yea Sarah Boothe. Here she is bruising up Maya. Don't suspect there is any relationship to Rellah- Sarah being Caucasian.
Sarah Boothe.png

Reaction Score
I have a 15 & 19 yr old granddaughter. We're visiting the oldest one for a few days here in Las Vegas. She's a sophomore at UNLV. The school had a kick-off rally on campus this evening for the men's & women's BB teams. We Got to meet all the players and coaches. Lots of live entertainment, free give-a-ways, and free food. Had a great time.

Back home tomorrow to give equal time to the other Grand. Attending a JV football game with her. The one here at UNLV has the longest arms in the world. Even though she's 230 miles away, she still manages to keep her hand in my pocket$. :eek: I guess that's what grandparents are for. :rolleyes:
My grand daughter is a fan of the US Mail--not so much social or email---but she encourages via email to keep writing---even if it's only for a hundred or two.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The more I think about it I think you are right about her going to Texas. This is just my opinion but I think she may be too concerned with individual stats and accolades to be the right fit for UConn.

Accolades for UConn players are pretty much the norm. Either way, if she were most interested in big stats and didn't think UConn was the place to compile them she could've dropped the Huskies from her list long ago.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There was no planned trip for MW to UCONN after her official visit. The confusion might have been from the speculation of her coming to first night. She did not make it to first night because that was HS homecoming & she was the Homecoming Queen.
Right. Several of us were hoping that MKW would come to First Night. Obviously, we have no inside word on her thoughts, but she went to her school's Homecoming, where she was the Homecoming Queen. That obviously is a big deal. If Homecoming had not been that weekend, would she have come to First Night? No one here knows.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey there -- Did Megan W. post/get quoted that she "may announce on Nov. 9th."
If she does, we can kick back and relax ( :rolleyes: yea, right) for a week or so.
In the meantime, I just saw that Rellah Boothe is purportedly taking an OV to Texas, adding another domino to the deck. ;)

I'm paraphrasing here, but MKW said that she had thought that she would decide in late September. After that date came and went, she said that she was confused and may not decide until Signing Day on Nov. 9. It's possible that she may not decide until much later. It's also possible that she and Westbrook will announce on the same day.

I'm not expecting to hear anything from Megan before Nov. 9, but she could announce at any time.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm paraphrasing here, but MKW said that she had thought that she would decide in late September. After that date came and went, she said that she was confused and may not decide until Signing Day on Nov. 9. It's possible that she may not decide until much later. It's also possible that she and Westbrook will announce on the same day.

I'm not expecting to hear anything from Megan before Nov. 9, but she could announce at any time.

Thanks. I remember the "confused" article and if memory serves at all, her dad might've also mentioned the early signing period, as well (if not sooner).
Won't hold one's breath at this point.

With Westbrook announcing she'll let WCBB know where she's attending on Nov. 10, at least one "W" will be on her way!

In the meantime, the Irish have their last (known) recruit -- Danielle Patterson -- coming to take an OV this weekend. We'll see how that transpires (as I'm sure
Tennessee, UVA and St. John's, her other finalists.)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Thanks. I remember the "confused" article and if memory serves at all, her dad might've also mentioned the early signing period, as well (if not sooner).
Won't hold one's breath at this point.

With Westbrook announcing she'll let WCBB know where she's attending on Nov. 10, at least one "W" will be on her way!

In the meantime, the Irish have their last (known) recruit -- Danielle Patterson -- coming to take an OV this weekend. We'll see how that transpires (as I'm sure
Tennessee, UVA and St. John's, her other finalists.)
I like NDs chances getting Danielle Patterson . Shes a great kid and her dad is a great guy. I believe he's on his way out to ND.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I like NDs chances getting Danielle Patterson . Shes a great kid and her dad is a great guy. I believe he's on his way out to ND.

Hey, that's great to hear. Hope the OV goes well for all sides and we'll see if ND is the kind of place for Danielle and the Pattersons. If so, it would be great to have her attend ND and play for the Irish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom