Another Academic Win: Select Designation for Healthcare Research | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another Academic Win: Select Designation for Healthcare Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
upstater said:
1.3 million TVs in Conn.

How much do you think those TVs would pay per month for UConn's BTN rights?
What would the advertising be like for this demographic?

And, what is the rating for UConn bball in NYC?

The recent ND-UConn women's game pulled a .6 rating, which is as much as a good men's game on ESPN. In April, the women's championship pulled a 4.8 rating in NYC.

On SNY, the women have 8 ratings for tier 3 games.

$2.50/month, easy.

Reaction Score
$2.50/month, easy.

2.50 x 1.3m x 12 = 39m / 2 (production costs split with Fox) = 19.5m

19.5m doesn't include the ESPN/Fox TV money (remember, ESPN offered UConn $13m a year in the old BE, but that included 3rd tier rights). Now add in advertising on the BTN when 3rd tier games pull a 10+ rating in market, and you can maybe get to the B1G's magic $40m number, especially when you consider the high profile bball games and even ice hockey.

Reaction Score
Sorry about the missed Question Mark in my last sentence.
I've heard so much about the Kansas vs Missouri hatred going back to the 1850's and Torrington's own John Brown. I also saw the Outlaw Josie Wales 15 or 20 times. I even watched it once with a calculator to get an accurate body count.("Easy man to tract he leaves dead men where ever he goes")So that qualifies me as an expert on the situation.
It seemed ironic that KU would have a large following other than alum in a major MO city.

Not really, people migrate all of the time for career and family reasons. I used to spend a lot of time working in and around metro Detroit and there are a lot of Ohio St alumni who followed careers to Detroit, especially the old Big 3 and all of their suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom