Andre Drummond & Rudy Gay make final Team USA Roster. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond & Rudy Gay make final Team USA Roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have you been following this team at all? Most pundits predicted that Drummond wasn't making the final roster. It was considered a surprise when he wasn't cut.

the pundits. He had some very strong performances down the stretch. My point is, I wasn't surprised. He was a great fit for the team. He is still raw offensively, but with his combination of size and athleticism, he's gonna be a load for opposing teams to handle.

Reaction Score
he's barely played in the exhibitions. when the USA team held practice in NY this past week all the writers covering it were tweeting that there were reports that the decision had already been made for him to be cut.

Obviously, they new what they were talking about;)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
when the USA team held practice in NY this past week all the writers covering it were tweeting that there were reports that the decision had already been made for him to be cut.

Which shows how much taking anything the 'pundits' say at face value is worth.

Reaction Score
Which shows how much taking anything the 'pundits' say at face value is worth.

2 DNPs out of 3 games, he only got into the other game in the 2nd half after the game was already decided, and his playing time was in line with all of the other guys who got cut. I'm happy he made it, but it's a surprise that he did given the way things were unfolding.

Reaction Score
He's a lot better than Kenny Anderson for the simple fact that he can shoot. He has one of the better handles in the league and he can shoot. Injuries and the absence of another high level player have hampered his development. Kenny Anderson made one All-Star game his whole career (and scored 6 points). Irving has already made 2 and won MVP of this year's game.
I've been playing/watching for over 20 years. I know Kenny Anderson in a league watered down on the defensive side when I see him. I can make an argument that Kenny was a better al around player.

Reaction Score
If you are trying to convince fellow Boneyarders that AD deserved his spot, save your breath...we all agree. All the talk out of the camps was that Colangelo was going to take 1 (absolute max 2) of Drummond, Cousins and Plumlee. Drummond over Plumlee should have been the ultimate no brainer but bias always can be a factor.

Reaction Score
I've been playing/watching for over 20 years. I know Kenny Anderson in a league watered down on the defensive side when I see him. I can make an argument that Kenny was a better al around player.

I haven't watched a ton of Irving in the NBA but I have heard a Stephon Marbury comparison on multiple occasions. That will probably disappear, deservedly or not now that he can ride the coattails of LBJ.

Reaction Score
That's fine. But if you don't think it matters at least a little bit that Dame led his team to the second round in a loaded western conference while Kyrie just finished year three and hasn't even sniffed the playoffs, I'd say you're wrong. Obviously Portland has a better supporting cast, I'm just not convinced Portland is as good if you swap Kyrie and Lillard. I'm also not sure Kyrie is the better athlete.

Put Aldridge on Cleveland and you dont think they make the playoffs? It doesnt matter because its not the case. Your whole argument is hypothetical. The fact is Dame had a better supporting cast than kyrie has. Sure its a toss up between them as neither guy is clearly better than the other but imo if i had a choice id take kyrie over Dame.

Reaction Score
If you are trying to convince fellow Boneyarders that AD deserved his spot, save your breath...we all agree. All the talk out of the camps was that Colangelo was going to take 1 (absolute max 2) of Drummond, Cousins and Plumlee. Drummond over Plumlee should have been the ultimate no brainer but bias always can be a factor.

I don't think it would take much to convince Coach K and Jerry C that AD deserved his spot as well, which is why I wasn't surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom