Amore: Home & Homes with AZ, Ohio State | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amore: Home & Homes with AZ, Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I expect Warde to get us into a p2 conference by 2915. In fact I predicted this in 2012.

Damn. My great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great,great, great, great, great,great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandson will love this news though.

Reaction Score
I recently rightly criticized Warde for dropping the ball on the home schedule for 2014 /2915 season. So I am glad he is taking some concrete steps since the home schedule quite frankly has the AAC chain around its neck. Just received a rah rah letter from Warde about buying season's tickets today - I have done my part by already doing that - Now he needs to continue to step up with several more elite home/home series.
troll-o-meter.jpg

Reaction Score
I recognize your attempt at sarcastic humor - after a few interactions with Warde you realize two things:
1) He often does not get it 100% right at first
2) He seems to be smart enough to identify mistakes/shortfalls and he does something constructive from that point.

So you're really arguing that the reason we have a subpar home schedule this year is because our athletic director just didn't realize it was important?

Reaction Score
Great start in future scheduling. They're also going to have to start playing the RPI game that many mid-majors have mastered. Got to not schedule teams with potential RPIs in the 200-300 range. For example, Maine last year finished with an RPI of like 320. They were only about 20 schools lower than them. Unfortunately, the AAC schedule is going to have a bunch of games with teams with RPIs in the 200's. Not that they need to schedule all 15 or so OOC games with national powerhouses like Ohio St or Arizona, but make smart choices like having Harvard or St. Joseph's or GW or heck even UMass which is greatly improved that aren't going to drag their RPI down and OOC SOS down. It would be better to lose to one of these teams than beat Maine.

Reaction Score
Not denying that it's good news. Just saying its not good enough. I hope the other OOC opportunities vs former BE opponents and possible UK or UF work out as well. Because 1 good OOC game isn't good enough.

This year we beat UF OOC and we got fortunate that they ended up being #1 overall seed and a huge resume builder. We only had 1 bad loss to Houston. Yet, we were under seeded by at least 2. What happens if DeAndre's tip vs UF goes anywhere else but right to Bazz? What seed do we fall to then? 9/10? We can't complain because we got a fortunate path and won it all. But if we lost to St Joes you know there would have been threads here criticizing the NCAA for our 7 seed.

Now UL is gone so thats two less quality win opportunities and it also weakens the rest of the conference opponents as a whole. I'm just saying we can't be complacent with 1 good OOC game. This is a good start but I expect at least 3-4 headline OOC games plus a preseason tourney with a chance at one or two more quality wins. The AAC won't cut it.

You are right......we're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Chief00

So you're really arguing that the reason we have a subpar home schedule this year is because our athletic director just didn't realize it was important?

Or he did not make it happen - and that's how you evaluate personnel at that level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is spectacular scheduling, and is really critical for us in the AAC, especially with Louisville gone. Now they need to keep it up and keep loading up solid programs to ensure we remain elite despite our conference.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Im sure plenty have seen this already from TCF but this match up is going to be great hopefully as great as this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom