Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
We should play the fruit every year in the Garden and to heck with anyone on either side who disagrees.
Agreed and I hope they can close those deals soon. It just seemed like the first idea that crossed everyones mind when we had our divorce...

Reaction Score
We played Louisville 3 times last year. They're gone.
And? You think we wouldn't have been prepared for the tournament without getting destroyed by Louisville 3 times?

Reaction Score
It's a good start, but this isn't good enough to compensate for the lack of quality opponents in the AAC. Its one quality game per year.

Not really sure what your point is here. Yes, today's announcement only covers one game per year. Did you expect 6 future OOC opponents to be announced in the same day? We now have Texas and Ohio State next year and are clearly trying to extend the Florida series, add some games against former Big East teams, play once per year in NYC, not to mention play in a preseason tournament every year.

It's pretty clear that scheduling is a huge priority for the program and today's announcement is awfully good news.

C

Chief00

I recently rightly criticized Warde for dropping the ball on the home schedule for 2014 /2915 season. So I am glad he is taking some concrete steps since the home schedule quite frankly has the AAC chain around its neck. Just received a rah rah letter from Warde about buying season's tickets today - I have done my part by already doing that - Now he needs to continue to step up with several more elite home/home series.

Reaction Score
I recently rightly criticized Warde for dropping the ball on the home schedule for 2014 /2915 season. So I am glad he is taking some concrete steps since the home schedule quite frankly has the AAC chain around its neck. Just received a rah rah letter from Warde about buying season's tickets today - I have done my part by already doing that - Now he needs to continue to step up with several more elite home/home series.

Together, you and Warde will carry UConn basketball forward.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
would be AWESOME, to get a H/H with Michigan or Mich ST.

I will cross my Fingers.

Very Happy with Zona and Ohio ST.
will be Great games.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Not really sure what your point is here. Yes, today's announcement only covers one game per year. Did you expect 6 future OOC opponents to be announced in the same day? We now have Texas and Ohio State next year and are clearly trying to extend the Florida series, add some games against former Big East teams, play once per year in NYC, not to mention play in a preseason tournament every year.

It's pretty clear that scheduling is a huge priority for the program and today's announcement is awfully good news.

Not denying that it's good news. Just saying its not good enough. I hope the other OOC opportunities vs former BE opponents and possible UK or UF work out as well. Because 1 good OOC game isn't good enough.

This year we beat UF OOC and we got fortunate that they ended up being #1 overall seed and a huge resume builder. We only had 1 bad loss to Houston. Yet, we were under seeded by at least 2. What happens if DeAndre's tip vs UF goes anywhere else but right to Bazz? What seed do we fall to then? 9/10? We can't complain because we got a fortunate path and won it all. But if we lost to St Joes you know there would have been threads here criticizing the NCAA for our 7 seed.

Now UL is gone so thats two less quality win opportunities and it also weakens the rest of the conference opponents as a whole. I'm just saying we can't be complacent with 1 good OOC game. This is a good start but I expect at least 3-4 headline OOC games plus a preseason tourney with a chance at one or two more quality wins. The AAC won't cut it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Such great news. Were going to have the toughest ooc schedule in the country in a few years...

Reaction Score
would be AWESOME, to get a H/H with Michigan or Mich ST.

I will cross my Fingers.

Very Happy with Zona and Ohio ST.
will be Great games.

I'd like to see UConn face as many different conferences as possible. This year UConn gets the Ivy, ACC, SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12.

Keep hitting different regions of the country to maintain the recruiting profile, up the SOS, and keep on dominating the cbb landscape.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn face as many different conferences as possible. This year UConn gets the Ivy, ACC, SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12.

Keep hitting different regions of the country to maintain the recruiting profile, up the SOS, and keep on dominating the cbb landscape.

I know. First thing i thought of when I read about these new games was,
Damn That is Great for Future recruiting.

Reaction Score
Not denying that it's good news. Just saying its not good enough. I hope the other OOC opportunities vs former BE opponents and possible UK or UF work out as well. Because 1 good OOC game isn't good enough.

This year we beat UF OOC and we got fortunate that they ended up being #1 overall seed and a huge resume builder. We only had 1 bad loss to Houston. Yet, we were under seeded by at least 2. What happens if DeAndre's tip vs UF goes anywhere else but right to Bazz? What seed do we fall to then? 9/10? We can't complain because we got a fortunate path and won it all. But if we lost to St Joes you know there would have been threads here criticizing the NCAA for our 7 seed.

Now UL is gone so thats two less quality win opportunities and it also weakens the rest of the conference opponents as a whole. I'm just saying we can't be complacent with 1 good OOC game. This is a good start but I expect at least 3-4 headline OOC games plus a preseason tourney with a chance at one or two more quality wins. The AAC won't cut it.
You're really cherry picking. We were fortunate that Florida turned out to be very good, but we were also unfortunate that Maryland, Indiana, Washington, etc. weren't as good as they were supposed to be. You can't just ignore that when talking about the schedule.

I'm sure we're going to do whatever we can to add some more OOC games against high major teams we expect to be good. Everything after that is a crapshoot.

C

Chief00

Together, you and Warde will carry UConn basketball forward.

Thanks. Warde usually does take feedback and makes mid course corrections. Sometimes you wish it happened sooner - like before this year's home schedule.
Quite frankly, from a business perspective you need to sell season tickets since our TV package is not a lot of money. If you can't get us in a top 5 conference then at least have a very competitive OOC home schedule.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Warde usually does take feedback and makes mid course corrections. Sometimes you wish it happened sooner - like before this year's home schedule .

Chief: "Hey Warde, you really ought to consider scheduling really good teams at home."

Warde: "Thanks Chief. I hadn't thought of that! Let me call Ohio State."

Simple as that.

Reaction Score

Did I miss the line at the end of the announcement that said "And with these agreements, UConn has completed its out of conference scheduling through 2018."

No?

Then maybe STFU and enjoy the good news without bitching about an OOC schedule that has just begun to be filled in?

C

Chief00

Chief: "Hey Warde, you really ought to consider scheduling really good teams at home."

Warde: "Thanks Chief. I hadn't thought of that! Let me call Ohio State."

Simple as that.

I recognize your attempt at sarcastic humor - after a few interactions with Warde you realize two things:
1) He often does not get it 100% right at first
2) He seems to be smart enough to identify mistakes/shortfalls and he does something constructive from that point.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hell yeah. I keep him around so I can go to the big games like Bryant. :cool:

Seriously, what are the odds that you know the one guy who actually is a BC season ticket holder?

Reaction Score

Quite frankly, I expect Warde to get us into a p2 conference by 2915. In fact I predicted this in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom