Amida Brimah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel AB will have a great career here. Love his potential!

If things pan out, he will prove that KO has the same uncanny ability to find those diamonds in the rough that JC found. Truly exciting.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
True, Thabeet was much more raw as a freshman, but he had one thing going for him that AB does not - he was 7'3" with the wingspan to go with it. I'm lovin' me some Amida, but those 4 inches are what made Thabeet so special. Thabeet is as much taller than Amida as Amida is taller than Neils. That being said I think Amida has huge potential - if you want to see huge just check out his hands or feet - he must wear a size 16. He also plays with an attitude, a nasty streak that I haven't seen in a Uconn uniform since Jeff Adrian left. The whole game changed when he came in last nite, it energized the fans, it energized his teammates - the bench was going crazy with every block. Great to see.

Most of that height difference is from Thabeet's neck. Which, by the way, means almost nothing.

Reaction Score
His offensive skills will likely be limited to a pick and roll for a while. I sense he will need to score off put backs.

Did you watch? He has a soft jump hook from the right side of the basket. It looked very natural.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Beyond great agility, he's the fastest 5 we've EVER had. Once his blocks go to teammates or himself, he will graduate from a major contributor to a major force. Loving the jump hook a few times per game.
It was particularly notable the first minute he was in the game. He filled a lane on the fast break and finished with an alley-oop dunk but saw that
Southern was pushing hard back the other way, so he turned on the jets and actually met their guard at the rim at the opposite end of the court with a two-handed stuff pf the guard's shot (he was called for the foul but seeing it a second time, I'm not convinced that it was a foul).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom