Amida Brimah | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
not to be the buzz kill but remember this is against a div 2 team. but that said, i do and always did think brima will be our best C.

Reaction Score
very weird that he wasn't ranked in the top 100. There centers every year that are ranked top 30 that are exactly like him. We just got extremely lucky to pick him up late.

Reaction Score
Nolan didn't have a bad game either. Not as flashy but 9 points, 6 rebounds in 11 minutes.

Reaction Score
First game I saw of Thabeets at the XL Center, he shot a ball over his head.....backwards....with his back to the basket. Brimah looks the part and could be a nice project given his size and basketball awareness, looking forward to watching his development.

Reaction Score
not to be the buzz kill but remember this is against a div 2 team. but that said, i do and always did think brima will be our best C.

Understood, but lets not forget when Nolan played against AIC last year in the exhibition opener, he looked like the worst player on the court b/w both teams(he obviously came a long way). Just watching the way Brimah moves you can tell he belongs out there. He'll take his lumps but with the reports about his work ethic, willingness to learn, and just the enthusiasm/motor he shows out there I'll be shocked if he doesn't turn out to be a stud.

Reaction Score
I know it was just an exhibition, but yeesh. How does a kid that tall and long and that moves as effortlessly as that float under the radar? The staff really has a gem to work with.

It's pretty exciting. Brimah, Facey and Samuel are all ready to contribute.

With a 22 year old Sam Cassell coming in with Hamilton, I'm feeling pretty damn good long term. Seeing Brimah and Facey out there makes me think KO has a pretty good read on big guys. I am more excited about Lubin now.

Reaction Score

Well, we've mostly looked like against lowly opponents for the last 5 plus years so this is an improvement. At least we spanked em.

Reaction Score
First game I saw of Thabeets at the XL Center, he shot a ball over his head.....backwards....with his back to the basket. Brimah looks the part and could be a nice project given his size and basketball awareness, looking forward to watching his development.
Lol. I can't even believe Thabeet did that!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
In addition to his nice shot-blocking, ability to run the court, and surprisingly good touch, Amida gets in there and competes. The kid has some toughness and intensity about him. I could live without the blocks into the stands when the season is underway, but for right now, swat that crap outta here!!! I was hesitant to make too much out of watching him during the scrimmage, but I thought he was already our best center. He's not a good rebounder as yet, but he gets in there and fights for them. He has a nice touch from the line as well. Very exciting!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Nolan at the 4, Daniels at the 3, and Brimah at the 5 for extended minutes. That could be a VERY powerful lineup.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Nolan at the 4, Daniels at the 3, and Brimah at the 5 for extended minutes. That could be a VERY powerful lineup.

doubt you will see DD @ the 3 but Ollie said postgame he wants to see more of Nolan/Brimah in there together

Reaction Score
It's pretty exciting. Brimah, Facey and Samuel are all ready to contribute.

With a 22 year old Sam Cassell coming in with Hamilton, I'm feeling pretty damn good long term. Seeing Brimah and Facey out there makes me think KO has a pretty good read on big guys. I am more excited about Lubin now.
Let's not forget about RP- he will be "Pitt" old as a soph- like 30,

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
DD showed tonight exactly why that would be a bad idea. At the 4 he has a ball-handling and quickness advantage, at the 3, he is an average ball handler and poor passer.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
DD showed tonight exactly why that would be a bad idea. At the 4 he has a ball-handling and quickness advantage, at the 3, he is an average ball handler and poor passer.

Defensively I still like it, but in terms of offense you have a pretty solid argument.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Brimah was outstanding. He is already a very good project but the way he moves with natural grace, competes on every play/consistently strong "motor" and shows that he is much stronger than you would expect from his listed weight (the opposite of Ajou Deng in that regard) he appears to be a star-in-the-making. He clearly has a lot to learn but demonstrated some clear flashes of brilliance tonight (running half-hook from mid-range while covered and spectacular timing on his blocks). I think the G. Dieng comparison looks valid and may actually represent a conservative estimate of how good he can become. I can only guess that because he played at a smaller school against lower level competition and wasn't part of the traveling AAU circuit that he flew under the radar and thank God for that!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

I remember students trashing Hasheem relentlessly during his growing pains freshman year. Many asking 'how did he get recruited by uconn', etc... Some UConn fans are very fickle.

AB has the will to improve, that's more important than anything else.

Reaction Score
After seeing the scrimmage and this exhibition game, I would say that Brimah is far more mobile and agile than Thabeet. As long as he stays healthy, he will become a beast in time.

Reaction Score
Obviously a long way to go, but I kept thinking he could be like Mutombo eventually

Reaction Score
After seeing the scrimmage and this exhibition game, I would say that Brimah is far more mobile and agile than Thabeet. As long as he stays healthy, he will become a beast in time.
I was at the exhibition game vs Bryant at the start of the 2006-2007 season and I just remember how passive Thabeet was. He did get pushed around early in his career. From what we have seen from Brimah, it seems hes a lot more polished on both ends of the floor compared to Thabeet when he was a FR. Id have this kid hitting the weight room hard all season. He could be a big steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom