Allow Adams to lead | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Allow Adams to lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think there's no way Hamilton and Purvis leave as sophomores. (Or whatever Rodney is considered.) Hamilton is going to be great, but unless he makes that huge jump this season that makes us into a championship team, he's not going anywhere. And Purvis just isn't good enough to think about leaving early.

Hamilton is as good as gone. NBA cares about potential, not where you are currently at. Purvis graduates this year and has hinted multiple times he will move on. Miller, Gibbs, Nolan gone. They will likely be minus 4 starters!!

This years team has far more experience and developed players than next years team will have. Great class coming in next year, but there are no Anthony Davis's. And one of the most important recruits is coming off multiple knee injuries. As I've said before, it's either this year or 2017.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I watched one old World Series game and now I'm convinced Don Larson is the greatest pitcher ever, Whitey has to move to the back of the rotation.

I love Adams and I think everyone would agree that his potential > than Gibbs. But, please! One game does not change a line-up.

Reaction Score
As I've said before, it's either this year or 2017.
Agreed. If he doesn't declare this year, DHam is almost definitely gone after next year. But if Jalen sticks around, a lineup of

Junior Adams
Soph Gilbert
Soph Jackson/RS Junior Larrier
Soph Durham/Diarra
Junior Enoch

Would be really good and really fun to watch. Looking at that, imagine how well-rounded the team would be with Diallo

Let's see how KO fairs in the transfer market too though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Agreed. If he doesn't declare this year, DHam is almost definitely gone after next year. But if Jalen sticks around, a lineup of Junior Adams Soph Gilbert Soph Jackson Soph Durham/Diarra Junior Enoch Would be really good and really fun to watch. Let's see how KO fairs in the transfer market too though.

Junior Larrier in there too, more than likely.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Let's see how KO fairs in the transfer market too though.

Good point. Didn't even consider the transfer thing because they've got such a great incoming class. Kinda stupid given KO's success with it.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is a critical piece moving forward for UConn

Kevin Ollie was once a heady pass-first point guard who set the table for his teammates and that's just what Jalen Adams is for the Huskies.

The freshman floor general was the catalyst in
UConn's near come from behind victory against Gonzaga at the Battle 4 Atlantis last week and the more Adams (6.0 points, 2.0 assists, 17.7 minutes) plays moving forward the better the Huskies will be long term.

UConn's roster features a plethora of scorers -- Sterling Gibbs, Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, and Omar Calhoun -- who can all put the ball in the basket, but aren't necessarily adept at regularly making plays for their teammates.

That's where Adams comes in.

The 6-foot-2 point guard can allow Gibbs to slide off the ball and spot up while also using his own dribble penetration to open up dump off opportunities for his teammates.

Often times in sports there's victory in defeat. That's what the Huskies got last Friday against Gonzaga.

UConn didn't earn a win last Friday against the Bulldogs, but it found an answer at the most important position on the floor.

That answer is Adams.

Jon Rothstein's Observations: LSU is digging itself an early hole with bad losses

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is a critical piece moving forward for UConn

Kevin Ollie was once a heady pass-first point guard who set the table for his teammates and that's just what Jalen Adams is for the Huskies.

The freshman floor general was the catalyst in
UConn's near come from behind victory against Gonzaga at the Battle 4 Atlantis last week and the more Adams (6.0 points, 2.0 assists, 17.7 minutes) plays moving forward the better the Huskies will be long term.

UConn's roster features a plethora of scorers -- Sterling Gibbs, Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, and Omar Calhoun -- who can all put the ball in the basket, but aren't necessarily adept at regularly making plays for their teammates.

That's where Adams comes in.

The 6-foot-2 point guard can allow Gibbs to slide off the ball and spot up while also using his own dribble penetration to open up dump off opportunities for his teammates.

Often times in sports there's victory in defeat. That's what the Huskies got last Friday against Gonzaga.

UConn didn't earn a win last Friday against the Bulldogs, but it found an answer at the most important position on the floor.

That answer is Adams.

Jon Rothstein's Observations: LSU is digging itself an early hole with bad losses

Only thing I'd quibble with is that Hamilton gets enough assists to not belong on the 'not adept at making plays for their teammates' list. Although it's a different dynamic than Adams brings to the table.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Only thing I'd quibble with is that Hamilton gets enough assists to not belong on the 'not adept at making plays for their teammates' list. Although it's a different dynamic than Adams brings to the table.

Not just that, but he may be more adept at creating chances for teammates than anybody else playing a similar position anywhere in college basketball. Mind numbingly stupid to include him on that list. If anything he's too unselfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom