All-Time Husky Draft Game | The Boneyard

All-Time Husky Draft Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Last summer we played this fun game ( think @champs99and04 ran it?) where 8 BY'ers selected Huskies in a draft (5 players per team). We then went into a bracket and had the entire Boneyard population vote for each matchup, letting the bracket play out itself.

I noticed no one has mentioned anything about it yet, and this place is as dead as ever. I've organized and ran these types of things in the past, so if @champs99and04 wants to team up and help run one that'd be excellent. But first participation is needed.

I would say we should push it to 16 teams (80 Huskies total) so more can play. Teams will be a little thinner, but the idea is the same. So first 16 to respond and say they're interested.

So is anyone interested?

Last edited:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Heck we could do a fantasy league using @tcf15 random UCHG generator and the boxes off those games. Then you could rewatch and root for your picks instead of skipping to the old box score.

Reaction Score
I'd definitely be willing to help out, though we'd probably have to make some attempt to accelerate the draft process this year. Last year, it was actually seven guys per team, but your idea of five per team is probably better.

One of the problems last season was that I pretty much determined the participants by order of how quickly they responded to the original thread. That's probably the most fair format, but obviously, people check the board at different rates - ideally, you'd want a long-tenured, active member rather than a poster who pops in once or twice per week.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Last summer we played this fun game ( think @champs99and04 ran it?) where 8 BY'ers selected Huskies in a draft (5 players per team). We then went into a bracket and had the entire Boneyard population vote for each matchup, letting the bracket play out itself.

I noticed no one has mentioned anything about it yet, and this place is as dead as ever. I've organized and ran these types of things in the past, so if @champs99and04 wants to team up and help run one that'd be excellent. But first participation is needed.

I would say we should push it to 16 teams (80 Huskies total) so more can play. Teams will be a little thinner, but the idea is the same. So first 16 to respond and say they're interested.

So is anyone interested?
I don't think going to 16 teams would work. It just gets too thin and any team without Emeka or Kemba pretty much doesn't have a chance. Even though they end up picking 31st and 32 in the second round, the difference between 1 and 2 vs 15 and 16 is huge. The difference between 17 and 18 vs 31 and 32 doesn't close the gap. In 15 or so years you could go to 16 teams.

While it's harder on the admins, I think this format would work better. Set up 4 different pods of 4 teams each. Although it would have to be on the honor system, players in the 4 games can't watch the selection of the other pods. Take the winner of each pod and run a final new 4 team bracket. This would eliminate the Emeka and Kemba bias with huge fields (either can carry a lesser team while other players 3-16 cannot). It would also be fun to see how different people make a team out of higher quality players. You can also get a deeper 8 player team with only 4 players in a pod - better than trying to go 8 deep with 16 - I can't even imagine how you could pick or justify picks after about 45 or 50 players. Asking who is the most valuable ex husky at position 80 in untenable. Going out to 128 is impossible.

Just my thought and I'll be happy to provide draft tables again like the one below, though it will only be once a day.

Team1.jpg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd definitely be willing to help out, though we'd probably have to make some attempt to accelerate the draft process this year. Last year, it was actually seven guys per team, but your idea of five per team is probably better.

One of the problems last season was that I pretty much determined the participants by order of how quickly they responded to the original thread. That's probably the most fair format, but obviously, people check the board at different rates - ideally, you'd want a long-tenured, active member rather than a poster who pops in once or twice per week.
Another poster (@NYC_HUSKY22) mentioned two 8 man drafts. @jleves also brings up a good point where 16 members drafting the same pool of players might be too much. How about we do 8 teams per draft, but 2 divisions. So if Emeka Okafor is drafted in Division 1, he can also be drafted in Division 2. Then we can set both divisions on different sides of the bracket and set it up that way.

What do you guys think?

Reaction Score
I'd be in, though I did participate (and win!) last year, so if there are a bunch of people interested, I don't mind ceding my spot. But count me in for now.

Reaction Score
i am interested in this as well. didnt see it last year otherwise i would have participated in that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom