All-Time Husky Draft Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

All-Time Husky Draft Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Im in division 2 and just did my 3rd and 4th round picks. Think people are taking the full 12-15 hours to make their picks.
We have about 1.56 rounds left. Should be over by the end of the weekend.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting to do my 4th round pick but it'll probably come up soon.

Reaction Score
I just did my 3rd and 4th picks. Shouldn't last more than a few more days.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Im in division 2 and just did my 3rd and 4th round picks. Think people are taking the full 12-15 hours to make their picks.

tcf, I hope you have done some film study for this. No slacking off is allowed!

Reaction Score
This all time husky draft is a great idea that we should do every year, however I think we need to raise the bar and up the ante and shorten the time between picks each year, next years draft should be 4-8 hours.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
This all time husky draft is a great idea that we should do every year, however I think we need to raise the bar and up the ante and shorten the time between picks each year, next years draft should be 4-8 hours.
I agree 100% but we would need active users. Maybe some sort of chat room to do it in real-time?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Agreed. It's been almost a week since my last pick

Reaction Score
I agree 100% but we would need active users. Maybe some sort of chat room to do it in real-time?
Yeah, it's hard, too. I check early and often, but I was traveling last week, and, despite the frequency of checking, somehow missed the pick coming to me at 6:30-ish PM, and so didn't pick until 8:30 AM.

I'm sure that's the case with everyone. If you don't have something like push notifications, it's easy to take a long time with the pick.

Real-time draft would probably be the best, if possible.

I do like keeping it private, though. There was too much speculation, or on the fly criticism last year.

Reaction Score
I was at a wedding last night and was checking the boneyard to see if anything popped up come on with this day in age of technology, it takes 2 seconds to respond type the name click boom done next person.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I was at a wedding last night and was checking the boneyard to see if anything popped up come on with this day in age of technology, it takes 2 seconds to respond type the name click boom done next person.
Its a matter of checking the Boneyard. Some have it as a favorites and visit it 50 times a day (myself), and others do it while they're browsing the internet late at night and if they're bored enough they visit.

Reaction Score
It was weird, I checked it repeatedly, but not from my computer: ForumRunner decided against showing me the updated comment.

That's the only thing I can imagine; I'm always on this site.

Reaction Score
We need to do it via groupme or something where we can push notifications to our phones. Groupme is a text messaging app. I use it and it's pretty good

Reaction Score
or put this as your homepage... or just go to this site once an hour or so

Oh, I do. Just apparently with this draft not everyone does. That's why it is taking forever to draft a team.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yeah I had to skip someone's pick in Division 1. It was taking way too long. @Scoe you're on the clock.

Reaction Score
I always check the boneyard while taking a dump.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's been one week since my last pick. Give these people walkons

Reaction Score
You should either run one without Emeka and Kemba or just not run it at all. Or somebody needs to pony up for a whatifsports account or anything else that would allow the customization of teams ran on a decent simulation engine. Otherwise it's just weeks/months of dicking around for the Kemba/Okafor finals and nobody else really has a chance.

Reaction Score
You should either run one without Emeka and Kemba or just not run it at all. Or somebody needs to pony up for a whatifsports account or anything else that would allow the customization of teams ran on a decent simulation engine. Otherwise it's just weeks/months of dicking around for the Kemba/Okafor finals and nobody else really has a chance.

There's probably some merit to your point but I'm fairly certain @jfuchs91 won last year without either of them on his team.

Reaction Score
It's been one week since my last pick. Give these people walkons

and make that another week since my last pick, this is ridiculous, i wonder if were even playing this game anymore. Next year we need to seriously crack down on the time and I mean really crack down, like a 2-4 hour window. Automatically hand the person a walk on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom