A'ja commitment thread [merged] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A'ja commitment thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I hope she gets rickets and scurvy and bed bugs.
Oh My!

upload_2014-4-16_17-1-40.jpeg

Reaction Score
Congrats to Dawn Staley and USC-as a Uconn fan, I'm really excited to see another program getting stronger-we so desperately need more competition in the women's game. Now how long do we have to wait for the date of the Uconn/SC game regular season game?? Go Huskies!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If Notre Dame is healthy, there is no way on God's green earth they are not in the top 5. NO. WAY. Didn't folks learn a lesson when they graduated Skylar and managed to improve?

Yes, we learned that Skylar was not as good as we all thought. We were blinded by her beauty. Are you saying that one Skylar = Achonwa + McBride?

Reaction Score
WOW...SC was already a very good team this year and had they not had to play in Stanford they could have come much closer to a FF appearance. With the additional of Wilson (#1 forward) and White (#1 post) they are going to be REALLY good next year.

1, 7, 32 and 35 is a pretty darn good class and moves SC to top two in the county next season, IMO.

Yeah! It's so unfair that USC had to play at Stanford against...UNC? Ummm ok.

Reaction Score
Yes, we learned that Skylar was not as good as we all thought. We were blinded by her beauty. Are you saying that one Skylar = Achonwa + McBride?

ND lost 5 seniors off their 2012 team and still came back strong too. You have an excuse for that too? Wanna allude to those players not being good too? Maybe ND is doing something right?

But than again you really wanted to play ND in South Bend in the NCAA's. How'd that work out for ya? Judging by the stroke that Mulkey deservingly was having during the game due to the officiating not that well.

Reaction Score
Do I need to point out that great recruits don't make great players? Great coaches make great players and with that UCONN has such a ridiculous advantage over everyone!!!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Do I need to point out that great recruits don't make great players? Great coaches make great players and with that UCONN has such a ridiculous advantage over everyone!!!

A well-crafted sculpture made of tin can look very fine, indeed, but it is still a sculpture made of tin.

High ratings for high school players don't necessarily equal marble, of course.

(Annnnd I'm going to hell for comparing some high school girls to tin.)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

True. And C Viv has demonstrated that a number of times. She's had a few go on to nice pro careers but an awful lot more have gone nowhere (Unless they transfer).

Reaction Score
After reading the article yesterday regarding the extent of her family involvement in the process , I knew it would be SC. At that point, it just made the most sense. Why on earth would she choose NC? I have no problem with the decision. I'll just never understand why she took so long to announce. Noone is going to put a kid down for wanting to play in front of family, but why the big ESPN thing , and the great need for attention?

Reaction Score
... I forgot South Carolina is coming to CT next season. Should be a good one.

I hope we wipe the floor with the Peahens' tailfeathers.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Until a few days before we play South Carolina.
I'm looking forward to that game. You're the team against which everyone else is measured. We will likely also play UNC in Myrtle Beach again next season, like we usually do.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
SoCar is set up the way Wilson wants things. With Coates on the inside, A'ja doesn't have to worry about the banging, that's taken care of.

I've guessed since I heard about this it would be SoCar, it was the most logical end point of this kind of event, although I was willing to credit Nan's source. I was fairly sure UConn and Tennessee were on the list mostly to guaranty attention.

The newest member of the sport's elite is at the doorstep. Welcome to the Gamebirds. Figure Dawn should start making herself at home for a long stay. She's been a winner for a long time, the latest phase is just beginning.

Congratulations to all concerned.
Thanks to you and all the UCONN fans for being so hospitable. Tennessee has to come to Columbia next season. I'm anticipating a packed house of 18,000 for that game.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Hope she'll be ready to compete for a championship her junior year, because it looks like we'll have it locked down until at least then.
U really think we are already a lock to win it all for next two yrs. Man, that is pretty presumptuous. I certainly like our chances to compete for sure- but don't think it's a lock.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Congrats to "Leghorn". Great news for the State of SC. Best of luck to A'ja in her career. Expectations will be high for Staley but that's what SC fans want.
Thanks, Blue. Yes, expectations will be high. I'm also hopeful we will lead the country in attendance next season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
How good a coach is Staley ? on paper they have good size, and speed... however their outside shooting last year was mediocre at best
I think Dawn is an excellent coach. We won the SEC this year without a single 5 star recruit on the team or a single senior starter. Is she going to be one of the best ever? It's still too soon to tell. She's only 43.

Reaction Score
Thanks to you and all the UCONN fans for being so hospitable. Tennessee has to come to Columbia next season. I'm anticipating a packed house of 18,000 for that game.
The more high-quality competition there is, the better for everybody that loves the sport. Welcome aboard!

Reaction Score
Gamec o c k s
I'm so thrilled that she didn't go to North Carolina. I really hate the program and the University because they've cheated for a while now and haven't gotten any penalties at all. That whole joke of giving passing grades to scholar athletes for courses they never attended is sick and is offensive to all the kids that bust their butt to do all the things necessary to juggle school work and compete in their respective sports. I think she has a much better chance to evolve at South Carolina with their coaching staff than to do the same at North Carolina. I would have liked to see her in Huskie blue but most of us knew the chances of getting her out of the South were slim, at best. She seems to be a great kid beyond being a very talented one and I wish her much success down there. In head to head competitions, if they arise, not so much!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Didn't understand the UNC rumor as UNC was going to be Diamond's team, not A'ja's. South Carolina was probably going to be a preseason favorite to reach the F4 regardless if A'ja had signed with them. However, now if they do make it, and A'ja has a season befitting the #1 recruit, she'll get major credit for it and start to build her Legacy. South Carolina is extremely talented and should be the class of the SEC for years to come.

The Lady Vols are also talented, but will they live up to their talent or underachieve like they have for the last 5 years or so?
I think the later! I don't foresee them doing much differently than they have for the last few years. They are basically a rudderless ship.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to that game. You're the team against which everyone else is measured. We will likely also play UNC in Myrtle Beach again next season, like we usually do.

Hopefully yall will take care of business next time. I was gonna say that yall had no business losing to them twice last year................................... then I remembered Duke lost to them twice last year as well :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom