A'ja commitment thread [merged] | Page 8 | The Boneyard

A'ja commitment thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I already addressed that: When you have that kind of talent that laps everyone else, you SHOULD win it all, and often. The coaching staff just needs to get out of the way...

Geno and staff are the EXACT opposite of this statement. They get on EVERY player trying to get the best out of them. In my humble opinion, NO other coaching staff would have pushed Breanna Stewart the way Geno did. Geno did not allow Stewart to do it her way, being aware of her self limitations. Fortunately, Breanna decided to try it Geno's way, just in time for the NCAA tournament (minus the first game.)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your meaning of "get out of the way." Coaching staff needs to develop talent, not leave it alone.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The reason why UConn has done what they've done is because of what Geno puts them through. He builds them up and in some cases tears them down to build them into leaders and team players. I remember when Tina Charles came to UConn all the NYers thought she was ready for the WNBA. When they saw what Geno did to her in 4 years they were believers. Same with Dolsen.

For me to see any top recruit go elsewhere is mind boggleing. To have an opportunity to play for Geno and be developed by Geno is second to none. Its more about what you become. Some don't like his comments or his remarks but you never hear the players complain. They know its part of the building process. Thats what winners do. IMO its a privilege to play for Geno. To be one of the few who he chooses to offer a position on his team, knowing that he will work with you to develop you into a great athlete and more importantly a great leader and have the opportunity to have him by your side years after you graduate. Well I just dont know what kids and parents are thinking.

For those kids who want to start I say is it about starting or is it about playtime. The non starters at UConn get plenty of playtime. Not in all games but in many games. But then again how many kids on other teams get more playtime. To me to have the best coaching, that can take you to the next level is more important then starting your freshman year. If your not ready you look silly. Look at some of the top teams and freshman who start and how they struggle. What do the fans think of them?

For the kids who get elsewhere we can speculate all we want but thats what they want at the moment. Thats whats important to them. Its to bad that their coaches and parents can't explain to them the difference.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Geno and staff are the EXACT opposite of this statement. They get on EVERY player trying to get the best out of them. In my humble opinion, NO other coaching staff would have pushed Breanna Stewart the way Geno did. Geno did not allow Stewart to do it her way, being aware of her self limitations. Fortunately, Breanna decided to try it Geno's way, just in time for the NCAA tournament (minus the first game.)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your meaning of "get out of the way." Coaching staff needs to develop talent, not leave it alone.

Post Of The Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89