A'ja commitment thread [merged] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

A'ja commitment thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I'm so thrilled that she didn't go to North Carolina. I really hate the program and the University because they've cheated for a while now and haven't gotten any penalties at all. That whole joke of giving passing grades to scholar athletes for courses they never attended is sick and is offensive to all the kids that bust their butt to do all the things necessary to juggle school work and compete in their respective sports. I think she has a much better chance to evolve at South Carolina with their coaching staff than to do the same at North Carolina. I would have liked to see her in Huskie blue but most of us knew the chances of getting her out of the South were slim, at best. She seems to be a great kid beyond being a very talented one and I wish her much success down there. In head to head competitions, if they arise, not so much!!!!!!
Well, the classes could have been easier.... #sorryNCAA #WhereAreYou?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hopefully yall will take care of business next time. I was gonna say that yall had no business losing to them twice last year.......... then I remembered Duke lost to them twice last year as well :oops:
I can't speak for Duke, but UNC had a higher level of overall talent than USC did this past season. That will no longer be the case in 2014-15, as the Gamco cks will have talented depth at every position.

Reaction Score
U really think we are already a lock to win it all for next two yrs. Man, that is pretty presumptuous. I certainly like our chances to compete for sure- but don't think it's a lock.
We've got a very good core of kids returning who have played on one or two national championship teams and we've got an excellent recruiting class. We might have three preseason All-Americans on our roster (KML, Breanna, Moriah) and Morgan Tuck was the number one recruit in her class prior to an injury in her junior year of high school. She is a really gifted player whose abilities Geno has raved about previously and assuming she's pain free and in game shape by the beginning of next year, WOW! Kia Stokes is getting stoked about improving her offensive game and she's already a wonderful defensive player and a great rebounder. With the really talented incoming class we'll have depth on the team that we haven't had for a while and we've got the best coach and coaching staff in the country. Why is it a problem being optimistic. There are no guarantees, I know, but with the adversity that these kids handled this year being without Morgan and KML for substantial periods of time, I think we did okay. didn't we??????

Reaction Score
We've got a very good core of kids returning who have played on one or two national championship teams and we've got an excellent recruiting class. We might have three preseason All-Americans on our roster (KML, Breanna, Moriah) and Morgan Tuck was the number one recruit in her class prior to an injury in her junior year of high school. She is a really gifted player whose abilities Geno has raved about previously and assuming she's pain free and in game shape by the beginning of next year, WOW! Kia Stokes is getting stoked about improving her offensive game and she's already a wonderful defensive player and a great rebounder. With the really talented incoming class we'll have depth on the team that we haven't had for a while and we've got the best coach and coaching staff in the country. Why is it a problem being optimistic. There are no guarantees, I know, but with the adversity that these kids handled this year being without Morgan and KML for substantial periods of time, I think we did okay. didn't we??????
Morgan was the #6 recruit in her class. The #1? Some girl named Breanna Stewart. The #2 from that class? Just a little point guard from Texas named Moriah Jefferson.

Reaction Score
Morgan was the #6 recruit in her class. The #1? Some girl named Breanna Stewart. The #2 from that class? Just a little point guard from Texas named Moriah Jefferson.
When she got injured during her junior year of high school, Morgan Tuck was the number one rated recruit in her class. PERIOD! It was afterwards that Breanna took over the number one spot but look at Hoop Gurlz ratings from Breanna's and Moriah's and Morgan's junior year and you'll see that I'm right. I'm not talking about the ratings the following year! If you read up on Morgan, you'll find out that after her injury she was downrated to somewhere around sixteenth or so but by the end of her senior year she had moved back up to the top ten.

Reaction Score
When she got injured during her junior year of high school, Morgan Tuck was the number one rated recruit in her class. PERIOD! It was afterwards that Breanna took over the number one spot but look at Hoop Gurlz ratings from Breanna's and Moriah's and Morgan's junior year and you'll see that I'm right. I'm not talking about the ratings the following year! If you read up on Morgan, you'll find out that after her injury she was downrated to somewhere around sixteenth or so but by the end of her senior year she had moved back up to the top ten.
She's very good, but she's not Breanna Stewart good. Stewart is a once in a generation player like a Diana Taurasi or Maya Moore.

Reaction Score
If you read my remarks I said she was the number one recruit PRIOR TO HER INJURY during her junior year. That is a fact! After her injury, all the rating services downgraded her because they obviously felt that she wouldn't be as effective. Then too, maybe they were finally starting to notice the sensational player from upper state New York and would have changed their ratings, anyways! The facts are the Morgan is a wonderfully talented girl and she managed to move back to that top ten position when she returned to playing in her senior year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She's very good, but she's not Breanna Stewart good. Stewart is a once in a generation player like a Diana Taurasi or Maya Moore.

Ten years isnt a generation ;) At least not where I come from.

Reaction Score
What is your problem. I didn't say she was a better player. She's a great player but I don't think anyone would compare her to Breanna. You are taking my remarks (which are factual) and somehow making a case that I compare her favorably to Breanna???? I was making a CASE FOR Morgan and not a case against Ms. Stewart. I'm suggesting that Morgan is ultra talented and can do just about everything and play just about every position on the team when she is healthy and she is a major ASSET. Do you have a problem with me saying that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Morgan was #1 prior to her first injury in a couple of the ratings services.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We've got a very good core of kids returning who have played on one or two national championship teams and we've got an excellent recruiting class. We might have three preseason All-Americans on our roster (KML, Breanna, Moriah) and Morgan Tuck was the number one recruit in her class prior to an injury in her junior year of high school. She is a really gifted player whose abilities Geno has raved about previously and assuming she's pain free and in game shape by the beginning of next year, WOW! Kia Stokes is getting stoked about improving her offensive game and she's already a wonderful defensive player and a great rebounder.

Assuming that is not a high probability bet. Microfracture surgery is serious stuff, and she's going to miss most of the offseason (6mo recovery).

Hopefully she'll be able to play some backup minutes next year, because UCONN will be even more thin in the post than they were this year.

Reaction Score
Morgan was #1 prior to her first injury in a couple of the ratings services.
Thanks, Icebear! I was just trying to note how good Morgan was rated while she was in high school and somehow someone is inferring that I think Morgan is better than Breanna. What is that about? We're going to be pretty darn good next year and depending on how the new class integrates, we might be scary good by March!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
What is your problem. I didn't say she was a better player. She's a great player but I don't think anyone would compare her to Breanna. What kind of medications are you on??????? You are taking my remarks (which are factual) and somehow making a case that I compare her favorably to Breanna???? I was making a CASE FOR Morgan and not a case against Ms. Stewart. I'm suggesting that Morgan is ultra talented and can do just about everything and play just about every position on the team when she is healthy and she is a major ASSET. Do you have a problem with me saying that??????????????????????????????????????????

calm down, BB, calm down. I do think you're over-reacting a bit, and, I'm quite sure that you could leave a few question marks for the rest of us: wouldn't want to run out, you know!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I appreciate your response, and as much as I think we are in great position to win it all, I don't think it's a lock down for two yrs. I agree, we have best pt guard, Stewie, etc... Last year, losing Kelly only, I think and thought we were in total domination mode for this year. I think losing 6'5" Steph and Bria , with everything u addressed, we are in great position, but not nearly as much of a lock as the prior yr going in. I think So Car, No Car. N dame and Duke with L Belton? And A & M Are going to be much more competition for us this year than last year. Having said that - I am an optimistic & Happy little Husky!!!!!

Reaction Score
calm down, BB, calm down. I do think you're over-reacting a bit, and, I'm quite sure that you could leave a few question marks for the rest of us: wouldn't want to run out, you know!
You're probably right but I would have thought I made myself perfectly clear. Breanna ended up being the #1 recruit in the class but when they were juniors, there was a time Morgan actually was ranked No. 1 by a few services and I just wanted to note how exceptional she was. She moved back into the top 10 after recuperating from her injury even though she still had a nagging issue with the knee. I'm thinking that she will finally be completely pain free at some point in the upcoming season and I think she'll surprise a lot of people with her abilities. She was already a pretty nice contributor in her brief UConn career. I'll ration my question marks, from here on in, okay? Thanks!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is this where we say something like, "maybe in Tennessee"? Nah, I'll be nice. Besides, I have several dear friends who are Tennessee fans.

Reaction Score
Geno definitely is a difference maker but it's been a long time since he won a title without the best player in the country.

You could argue that it happened in '13. You could also argue UConn was lucky they didn't play Baylor -- whether you think UConn would've beat Baylor is a different story.

In any event, good luck to A'ja except when you play UConn.

UConn has never won the title without a national player of the year on its roster. Ms Stewart's most recent accolades take care of last year, this year, and will cover the possibility of the next two years.
UConn has never been to a Final Four without an active first team All American.

Not taking anything away from Coach Auriemma, he is an outstanding coach. But like many who would like to see Tiger Woods win a major championship from off the lead, I would like to see more of the magic Coach Auriemma produced in 2006, IMO his best coaching performance, when UConn almost upset Duke to get to the Final Four.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You're probably right but I would have thought I made myself perfectly clear. Breanna ended up being the #1 recruit in the class but when they were juniors, there was a time Morgan actually was ranked No. 1 by a few services and I just wanted to note how exceptional she was. She moved back into the top 10 after recuperating from her injury even though she still had a nagging issue with the knee. I'm thinking that she will finally be completely pain free at some point in the upcoming season and I think she'll surprise a lot of people with her abilities. She was already a pretty nice contributor in her brief UConn career. I'll ration my question marks, from here on in, okay? Thanks!

I'm still not clear on this subject. Can you explain it again?

Reaction Score
Do I need to point out that great recruits don't make great players? Great coaches make great players and with that UCONN has such a ridiculous advantage over everyone!!!

I disagree totally. Great recruits almost always make great, at least very good players. And, most of all, great players make great coaches.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Here at Uconn we think of 'generational' as a four year time frame! Every once in a while we skip a generation, when someone like Parker makes a terrible miscalculation!:eek::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom