A'ja commitment thread [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A'ja commitment thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@biglurp
Uh oh, USC now has 2 players in Top 10. I don't know if them stacking up all this talent is good for the game. What's UConn gonna do? #UConn
I was going to say that if UConn wins it next year, is it still because UConn gets all the best players? This makes two years in a row of not getting the best players, so I'm really starting to believe that Geno has something to do with it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Next season just became more interesting. The SoCarolina/UConn game next season also became more interesting. No complacency for UConn.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
SI"s 2015 Pre Pre Season top 10
LINK

Good for SC
But, They just keep giving TENN (#4) respect they don't deserve. Although addition by subtraction may work in their favor. :p

Reaction Score
Staley mentioned after the UNC game, it was the last time they were leaving that early in the tournament.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Didn't understand the UNC rumor as UNC was going to be Diamond's team, not A'ja's. South Carolina was probably going to be a preseason favorite to reach the F4 regardless if A'ja had signed with them. However, now if they do make it, and A'ja has a season befitting the #1 recruit, she'll get major credit for it and start to build her Legacy. South Carolina is extremely talented and should be the class of the SEC for years to come.

The Lady Vols are also talented, but will they live up to their talent or underachieve like they have for the last 5 years or so?

Reaction Score
Next season just became more interesting. The SoCarolina/UConn game next season also became more interesting. No complacency for UConn.
Congrats to D Staley, this adds to the balance of power. Now its on to Kalani
Brown and the rest of the great targets in 2015. I'm looking forward to the
South Carolina game next yr and beyond.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Congratulations to A'ja on what had to be a tough decision. I wish her almost all the best.

Her next move will need to be enrollment in the Skylar Diggin's School of Gracious Losing. It is a 4 year degree with a 5th year option.

UCONN will not be rolling over for anyone.

Last edited:
U

UCONNfan1

Charlie Creme ‏@CharlieCreme 6m
I would still have @UConnWBB as 2015's preseason #1, but a strong argument could be made for @GameroosterWBB
That's looney tunes. Great class for SC and hopefully that vaults them above Tennessee, but they are still quite a ways behind UCONN and ND.

UCONN
ND
SC
UNC
Tennessee

or maybe swap the 4-5 teams. Either way it will be decided on the hoops court.

Great get for SC and congrats to them!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good for SC
But, They just keep giving TENN (#4) respect they don't deserve. Although addition by subtraction may work in their favor. :p

Gotta put USCarolina ahead of UNC now .... at least in my book. They add alot more than the tarheels

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
USCar really has to step up their OOC schedule if they are stuck playing in that weak SEC.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Good for Aja and not surprising!

Happy for Dawn and the Gamecocks!

I hope Staley can keep all those players happy next year. South Carolina only loses one player (at the end of the bench)

Reaction Score
Congrats to D Staley, this adds to the balance of power. Now its on to Kalani
Brown and the rest of the great targets in 2015. I'm looking forward to the
South Carolina game next yr and beyond.

How good a coach is Staley ? on paper they have good size, and speed... however their outside shooting last year was mediocre at best

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I don't care about these players signing elsewhere because none of those schools have Geno and he's the difference maker. Players who come to UCONN have to check their egos at the door and be stars among stars. What UCONN can offer that those others schools can only dream of is multiple national championships during a player's career.

Reaction Score
How good a coach is Staley ? on paper they have good size, and speed... however their outside shooting last year was mediocre at best
She's been at SoCar for 6 years now. Every single year they've had a better record than the preceding year. She's just now reaching the critical mass where they move onto the national scene. They may also be well-positioned to displace Tennessee as the long-term power in the SEC. That's no small potatoes. And, finally, if you don't know anything about Dawn Staley, she's a winner and a leader.

Reaction Score
Just don't get the Media love affair with the SEC. They failed to get a team in the FF yet 4 of the top 7 pre-season SI teams are SEC. Maybe they will be improved but 4 of the top 7???

If not them, then who else belongs in the top 7?
I might quibble on KY, but SC-Tenn-TAMU are no brainers for the top 10.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Geno definitely is a difference maker but it's been a long time since he won a title without the best player in the country.

You could argue that it happened in '13. You could also argue UConn was lucky they didn't play Baylor -- whether you think UConn would've beat Baylor is a different story.

In any event, good luck to A'ja except when you play UConn.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Congrats to A'ja and SC! It sounds like the best fit for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom