ACC/MD Settlement | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ACC/MD Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand why you might think that I'm a troll, but you'll have to explain the "brag about it" part. Remember, I have a "wanna be" LCC degree, so please use small words and proceed slowly.

Thank you.

Reaction Score
I understand why you might think that I'm a troll, but you'll have to explain the "brag about it" part. Remember, I have a "wanna be" LCC degree, so please use small words and proceed slowly.

Thank you.
If you like to read small words and read slowly how about staying on a UL board instead of coming here and being a d**k....you UL fans sure are alike...you now wear the same title as Larryredbull...CardinalZen=A S S C L O W N

Reaction Score

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your interest in Connecticut athletics.

483303443.jpg

Reaction Score
U of L is a basketball first school and not a football first school. We are working on football, but basketball is king here.

A lot of UL fans think the Cardinals are on the same plane as FSU. Is UL that good in football or am I just hearing static from very self-assured fans? Personally, I think UL should win 8 or 9 games from looking at your schedule. The ACC is really the same as the AAC with FSU and Clemson right now.

pj

Reaction Score
A lot of UL fans think the Cardinals are on the same plane as FSU. Is UL that good in football or am I just hearing static from very self-assured fans? Personally, I think UL should win 8 or 9 games from looking at your schedule. The ACC is really the same as the AAC with FSU and Clemson right now.

No way. In their best year Louisville is comparable to one of FSU's better years. But the down years at Louisville go much lower than the down years at FSU, and the average is much lower too. Moreover, Louisville does not have the history of success of FSU, nor the local recruiting grounds. They have not proven their top years were anything more than a Strong-Bridgewater confluence.

I do agree that the ACC less FSU and Clemson is really the same as the AAC. So Louisville will be competitive. So too would UConn be.

Reaction Score
You're joking ...that's delusional in every way except for a RutgersAl type over the top type fan...unreal even they believe it !?!

Reaction Score
I'm no fan of the Noles but even when there FB team is down (7/8) win's their stocked with big time talent ala Texas...no comparison. Even WVU is more highly respected but they would be a more apt comparison.

Reaction Score
I'd say the ACC without Florida State is basically the AAC. Clemson is an over-rated wannabe. The ACC is mostly a basketball league that plays football and has Florida State. UL is on the same plane as Florida State in football and I'm on the same as Warren Buffet in investing.

Reaction Score

This is what boggles my mind. The ACC fans think they just added Alabama to their league. While they have been very good over the last few years, they won't be beating Florida in a bowl every year. I bet they settle in as a competitive 6-8 win team a year and go to an ok bowl game, but people are delusional if they think Louisville goes to the 4-team playoff or win 10-11 games a year.

Also, it's only a matter of time before Petrino leaves or does something stupid.

Reaction Score

Wow, you must be down on Beamer, which I understand having watched PSU age with Paterno.

But VT is right up there with all the talent you guys grab in the Norfolk area.

I also agree that the old BE of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and BC is roughly on par with what we are seeing out of Cincy, UCF, Houston and USF for that matter. The head to head records sort of prove it. Louisville has had two excellent BCS bowl wins, but other than that, no, they are not much further along than the teams I listed.

pj

Reaction Score
I also agree that the old BE of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and BC is roughly on par with what we are seeing out of Cincy, UCF, Houston and USF for that matter. The head to head records sort of prove it. Louisville has had two excellent BCS bowl wins, but other than that, no, they are not much further along than the teams I listed.

You could add ECU - NC State, UConn - Wake Forest. UCF and Houston have recently had better years than any of Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Wake, NC State, UNC, UVa, or Ga Tech.

Reaction Score
You're joking ...that's delusional in every way except for a RutgersAl type over the top type fan...unreal even they believe it !?!

I am not in that camp. I think they'll do OK this year, but on average they'll be middle of the pack in football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is what boggles my mind. The ACC fans think they just added Alabama to their league. While they have been very good over the last few years, they won't be beating Florida in a bowl every year. I bet they settle in as a competitive 6-8 win team a year and go to an ok bowl game, but people are delusional if they think Louisville goes to the 4-team playoff or win 10-11 games a year.

Also, it's only a matter of time before Petrino leaves or does something stupid.

I compare UL to GT, BC, Pitt and UNC as far as football goes. I was never excited about the addition like some ACC fans.

Reaction Score
Wow, you must be down on Beamer, which I understand having watched PSU age with Paterno.

Just a realist. Beamer has done for Tech what Paterno and Bowden did for their schools. Beamer will probably be the best coach Tech will ever have. But he's having a difficult time keeping up with the Jones. Evident by blowout losses to Stanford, UCLA, Clemson and LSU recently. There was a time when Tech could lose handily, but never get blown out. Not anymore... times have changed and Tech is just in the fat part of the bell curve.

Reaction Score
It's funny to see so many (not all) visiting UL posters who are displaying the exact same behaviors/attitudes as the SU and WVU posters who UL fans so vehemently (CardinalZen, vehemently means it is expressed with or showing conviction or intense feeling; done with vigor or force) called out as s back when they got their golden ticket off the island of misfit toys, but kept returning to UConn, UL, RU, UC, etc... message boards to talk or rebut any comment made about their school.

Reaction Score

I'm sorry but if syr, Pitt, or bc won a CBS bowl, both cows and pigs would be flying. Don't sell ucf's season short after beating the big 12 champ easily.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Thank you.
Some see Cardinal Red and become instantly get enraged. I read your post and found it extremely funny. I liked the way you used this site's standard LCC commentary and played right along. Well done.

Reaction Score
Some see Cardinal Red and become instantly get enraged. I read your post and found it extremely funny. I liked the way you used this site's standard LCC commentary and played right along. Well done.

When in Rome, etc. I couldn't remain completely silent about the "Unfair Catch" commentary. :D I did try to atone somewhat. I'm glad someone noticed. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I've worked for state government. Let's just say it wasn't my most satisfying job. Here was a typical work day (in winter):

8:30 am - arrive, do nothing until rest of team arrived at 9:30.
9:30 am - team arrives, play darts, shoot hoops, or play parcheesi until 10am.
10:00 am - morning break until 10:45.
10:45 am - return to playing darts, hoops, cards or other game until 11:30.
11:30 am - lunch until 1:30.
1:30 pm - see 10:45 until 2:15.
2:15 pm - afternoon break until 3:00.
3:00 pm - repeat 9:30 activities until 3:30.
3:30 pm - team (except for me) calls it a day, do nothing until 4:30.
4:30 pm - go home.

I know you think I'm exaggerating but I'm not.

Your describing your time at pre-school, right?

Reaction Score
You could add ECU - NC State, UConn - Wake Forest. UCF and Houston have recently had better years than any of Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Wake, NC State, UNC, UVa, or Ga Tech.

UCF is as good or better than UL. UCF is better than Virginia Tech and Miami right now too. George O'Leary is one heck of a coach. Only FSU and Clemson are better.... but UCF could give Clemson a run for their money.

But similar to UL, I could see UCF tanking some game they shouldn't against a team like Duke or UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom