ACC futility | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC futility

Reaction Score
People are really dumb. They will actually pay to go sit in a chair in a dark theater to watch a football game. Someone could offer to pay me $100 to go which would cover the cost of concessions and I still wouldn't go near the place.
Many would say the same about going to a bar, and yet there are many others who do that regularly.

Reaction Score
Many would say the same about going to a bar, and yet there are many others who do that regularly.
No sports fan would say that about sports bars. Of course fans do that regularly because that's the purpose of sports bars. Imagine, places where you can eat, drink, socialize, watch multiple games on large screen tv's, with no cover charge. The insanity!

Reaction Score
My guess is the the league will be buying out the theaters to try and create hype. It's obviously an incredible stupid gimmick.
They don't have watch parties for big UCONN basketball games? Similar idea.

Reaction Score
They don't have watch parties for big UCONN basketball games? Similar idea.
At AMC? Not that I'm aware of.

They have them at bars and Gampel for the final 4.

Reaction Score
SMU has access to more money. It’s in the top recruiting area in the nation (over 5% of all D-1 players are from DFW/North Texas). It’s in the 4th biggest metro area (set to pass Chicago to be #3 by 2035). And they have the best helmet/uni combination in the country.

Academically SMU is pretty good. Average ACT scores: BC 33, SMU 31, UConn 29, Syracuse 28, Rutgers 28.
Like any of that even came up on the conference call.

Reaction Score
At AMC? Not that I'm aware of.

They have them at bars and Gampel for the final 4.
Well this is somewhere between the projector on the side of a frat house, and letting in 8000 kids into Reynolds Coliseum to watch a UNC-State regular-season game. Geared towards the oldies (aka money). I can’t imagine it working much for random games, but something like Notre Dame and a sold out Carter-Finley seems a good middle ground.

Reaction Score
Well this is somewhere between the projector on the side of a frat house, and letting in 8000 kids into Reynolds Coliseum to watch a UNC-State regular-season game. Geared towards the oldies (aka money). I can’t imagine it working much for random games, but something like Notre Dame and a sold out Carter-Finley seems a good middle ground.
I could certainly get into some watch parties but it has to be festive

Reaction Score
No sports fan would say that about sports bars. !
Lol, there are indeed some sports fans who aren’t interested in bars.

They could be underage, or not a drinker, or not interested in being around folks who are drinking, or want to hear the announcers.

Clearly a theater isn’t for everyone. But they’re only trying to get one theater full of people (~200 people?).

Reaction Score
If hot single girls hung out in your living room then I think this would be a pretty good point.

Reaction Score
I hope that they do well....I just noticed that 15 of 22 Nole starters last night were transfers.

The portal has changed strategies in team building. I don't think that some top teams can stockpile talent as much as in the past...that talent will transfer to play,
They'll transfer for 'pay', and to 'play'. So I think that the top teams will still get the talent. They'll just switch schools within that group. I think removing the 1 year waiting period was a bad idea.

Reaction Score
This could've been a separate thread pertaining to how lame BC is but thought I'd simply put it here. BC is so lame that they couldn't show good sportsmanship as they're too afraid to lose to Holy Cross....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom