ACC futility | The Boneyard

ACC futility

Reaction Score
I can't post in the other thread so here goes. Besides flying all over the country and playing home games and championships in Dallas and on movie screens do people realize just how bad the ACC got in football and basketball?

The football pretty much sucks but they still have Clemson and FSU. The basketball is going to be unbelievably bad. It was always the ACC and Big East as the two best basketball conferences. The ACC will now be far and away the worst major conference. They already kind of sucked with the departures of Roy and K now it's Duke with a new coach and several of the worst programs in all of D1.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Let's keep the thread going...

BC loses in football to a pedestrian MAC team in front of ~ 25k.
I’ve been a long time lurker on the Boneyard. I’m a CT native and went to UConn for my doctorate (was a proud student when they beat Notre Dame in football). Northern Illinois had an 11 win team a decade or so. That they beat BC isn’t terribly surprising. Let’s hope UConn can pour salt in the wound and make it two Huskies program that beat them this football season!

Reaction Score
I hate BC as much as anyone on this blog….. but let’s be rational about attendance. How many would we draw at home against a “pedestrian MAC team”?

I’ll be at The Rent for FIU. Will we exceed 25k?
I wasn't comparing BC's attendance to UConn's but rather pointed out that a supposed Power Conference team (BC) lost at home to a pedestrian FBS team in front of 20,000 empty seats. Not very powerful, eh?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I hate BC as much as anyone on this blog….. but let’s be rational about attendance. How many would we draw at home against a “pedestrian MAC team”?

I’ll be at The Rent for FIU. Will we exceed 25k?
BC has had many years of big $$$ from a "power 5" conference. And they've done absolutely nothing with it.

Reaction Score
NC looked very good against SC. Defense had 8 sacks and gave up minus yards rushing.

Reaction Score
Or not.
Noles are back.
This has been in the making ever since Norvell arrived from Memphis. There was no doubt in my mind he’d make FSU a top 10 program again. He’s a great coach. On top of that, he plays an exciting brand of football.

He was considered all offense at Memphis, but he’s been sure to put together a very good defense at FSU as well. They are on the rise and a pleasure to watch. I’m really happy for Norvelle. He’s a class act.

Reaction Score
The portal players performed better than the LSU portal players....

FSU, Colorado, and others have adapted readily to transfers through the portal.

Reaction Score
The portal players performed better than the LSU portal players....

FSU, Colorado, and others have adapted readily to transfers through the portal.
We have as many portal players as FSU and LSU.

Reaction Score
We have as many portal players as FSU and LSU.

I hope that they do well....I just noticed that 15 of 22 Nole starters last night were transfers.

The portal has changed strategies in team building. I don't think that some top teams can stockpile talent as much as in the past...that talent will transfer to play,

Reaction Score
Jay is thoroughly a basketball guy.....Coach K indoctrinated. The football money train was a problem for Krzyzewski and it has to drive Bilas nuts.

Reaction Score
BC has had many years of big $$$ from a "power 5" conference. And they've done absolutely nothing with it.
Exactly. And somehow SMU not gettting money is going to magically compete?
It’s not like SMU was the giant of non P5.

It’s just that sMU has money and wealthy boosters.

Reaction Score
Let's keep the thread going...

BC loses in football to a pedestrian MAC team in front of ~ 25k.
Can you imagine seeing BC get an increase in their payout at your expense because you agreed to become an indentured servant in the ACC? Cal, Stan, and especially SMU are going to get tired of this very soon. You can rationalize the unequal payout to reward the better performers. But, how can you stomach seeing BC, Syracuse etc get full shares on your back?

Reaction Score
Can you imagine seeing BC get an increase in their payout at your expense because you agreed to become an indentured servant in the ACC? Cal, Stan, and especially SMU are going to get tired of this very soon. You can rationalize the unequal payout to reward the better performers. But, how can you stomach seeing BC, Syracuse etc get full shares on your back?
Anybody know if 100% or less of the monies the three new additions are forgoing go into the pay for performance kitty? Wasn't sure if it's all or if some are provided to the other members without going into the performance kitty?

Reaction Score
I know the ACC isn't great shakes, but...

did you all notice how badly things went for the B12?

Texas Tech loses to Wyoming.
Baylor loses to Texas State.
TCU drops one to a Colorado team coming off a 1 win season.
Add a West Virginia loss, and that's not a good weekend.

There were also some close games that didn't come anywhere close to the spread:

BYU 14 to Sam Houston 0.
Houston 17 San Antonio 14.
Oklahoma State 27 Central Ark 14.

When 7 teams underperform on the opening weekend, there may be some weakness there.

No team had a decent showing against a D1 opponent.

Reaction Score
I know the ACC isn't great shakes, but...

did you all notice how badly things went for the B12?

Texas Tech loses to Wyoming.
Baylor loses to Texas State.
TCU drops one to a Colorado team coming off a 1 win season.
Add a West Virginia loss, and that's not a good weekend.

There were also some close games that didn't come anywhere close to the spread:

BYU 14 to Sam Houston 0.
Houston 17 San Antonio 14.
Oklahoma State 27 Central Ark 14.

When 7 teams underperform on the opening weekend, there may be some weakness there.

No team had a decent showing against a D1 opponent.
UCF beat Kent State 56-6 who is Division 1

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I can't post in the other thread so here goes. Besides flying all over the country and playing home games and championships in Dallas and on movie screens do people realize just how bad the ACC got in football and basketball?

The football pretty much sucks but they still have Clemson and FSU. The basketball is going to be unbelievably bad. It was always the ACC and Big East as the two best basketball conferences. The ACC will now be far and away the worst major conference. They already kind of sucked with the departures of Roy and K now it's Duke with a new coach and several of the worst programs in all of D1.
You know this isn't true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom