ACC futility | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC futility

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I know the ACC isn't great shakes, but...

did you all notice how badly things went for the B12?

Texas Tech loses to Wyoming.
Baylor loses to Texas State.
TCU drops one to a Colorado team coming off a 1 win season.
Add a West Virginia loss, and that's not a good weekend.

There were also some close games that didn't come anywhere close to the spread:

BYU 14 to Sam Houston 0.
Houston 17 San Antonio 14.
Oklahoma State 27 Central Ark 14.

When 7 teams underperform on the opening weekend, there may be some weakness there.

No team had a decent showing against a D1 opponent.
The Big 12 no longer has a bell cow brand. We can rag on the ACC all we want, but until the better ACC brands exit stage left, the Big 12, not the ACC, is the 4th P4.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 no longer has a bell cow brand. We can rag on the ACC all we want, but until their better brands exit stage left, the Big 12, not the ACC, is the 4th P4.
I think this will come down CFP performance. Clemson has fallen off a bit, and last night's win aside its been near a decade for FSU to compete for a national title.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't sure if it's all or if some are provided to the other members without going into the performance kitty?
4F4A5249-12C1-484B-A735-0C9EB8F224D8.jpeg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Performance Kitty? He's my cousin!"

IMG_0098.jpeg

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who legit was hoping LSU crushed FSU to keep them irrelevant? I want all ACC teams to suffer ... suffer long deep and hard.
I dunno - I am thinking the more chutzpah FSU gets from winning the more likely they are to leaving the ACC and them leaving gets us a step closer to the ACC (which I guess is a good thing but even that I am wondering about, lol).

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who legit was hoping LSU crushed FSU to keep them irrelevant? I want all ACC teams to suffer ... suffer long deep and hard.
I like your attitude - I hope I never piss you off! I was ambivalent. FSU was a hard "NO" on the addition of the three indentured servants. They simply want out of what has turned into a grifter conference with a few P-2 caliber teams.

Reaction Score
I dunno - I am thinking the more chutzpah FSU gets from winning the more likely they are to leaving the ACC and them leaving gets us a step closer to the ACC (which I guess is a good thing but even that I am wondering about, lol).
I don't know if it gets us closer to the ACC. When the big football dogs leave the ACC, it will create havoc. Havoc is just what we need...

Reaction Score
Naw. IF FSU leaves next up is Northern Arizona to solidify the ACC's Southwest Footprint.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I don't know if it gets us closer to the ACC. When the big football dogs leave the ACC, it will create havoc. Havoc is just what we need...
Though any departures won’t necessarily turn into a UConn invite…afterall, adding UConn would make too much sense, and realignment is nonsensical in nature.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 no longer has a bell cow brand. We can rag on the ACC all we want, but until the better ACC brands exit stage left, the Big 12, not the ACC, is the 4th P4.

It is just one week.

Reaction Score
Nah, they will find a way to join the SEC.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Oh yeah? Please explain.
SMU has access to more money. It’s in the top recruiting area in the nation (over 5% of all D-1 players are from DFW/North Texas). It’s in the 4th biggest metro area (set to pass Chicago to be #3 by 2035). And they have the best helmet/uni combination in the country.

Academically SMU is pretty good. Average ACT scores: BC 33, SMU 31, UConn 29, Syracuse 28, Rutgers 28.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the success of The Pac 12 this season is a reminder of what an unfortunate and unnecessary turn of events realignment has been. In reality The Big 12 not the Pac 12 should be the conference that is currently facing extinction. It lacks both brand strength and national reach.

Hypothetically let's say the B1G took Texas and Kansas for athletics/academics, The SEC grabbed OU and TCU for football, and The PAC took Ok State, K State, Iowa State, and Texas Tech for football and the addition of a third time zone. That would leave The ACC to take WVU(no brainer) and Baylor Football/Basketball addition. Its not perfect by any means, but in reality it would have eliminated the most redundant conference and avoided s** t like Stanford in The ACC.

Reaction Score
Watching the success of The Pac 12 this season is a reminder of what an unfortunate and unnecessary turn of events realignment has been. In reality The Big 12 not the Pac 12 should be the conference that is currently facing extinction. It lacks both brand strength and national reach.

Hypothetically let's say the B1G took Texas and Kansas for athletics/academics, The SEC grabbed OU and TCU for football, and The PAC took Ok State, K State, Iowa State, and Texas Tech for football and the addition of a third time zone. That would leave The ACC to take WVU(no brainer) and Baylor Football/Basketball addition. Its not perfect by any means, but in reality it would have eliminated the most redundant conference and avoided s** t like Stanford in The ACC.
No conference should be facing extinction, it's disgusting what ESPN has done to college athletics. Why would anyone take Kansas for academics?

Reaction Score
One thing that has hurt us is the pathetic performance by our former conference mates, notably BC and Syracuse. Check out their ACC football records. Except for some early success BC is well below .500. Syracuse has been a disaster too. The football powers in the ACC may just lump us in with them and paint us with the same broad brush. Their BB sucks too, but I think the ACC knows we add big time in that regard.

Cruel irony - as they continue to suck we are left homeless in football!

Reaction Score
No conference should be facing extinction, it's disgusting what ESPN has done to college athletics. Why would anyone take Kansas for academics?
There should be more conferences as long as they are run properly. Or two conferences of 36 programs each, 3 divisions of 12. This provides consistency as to how all 72 are treated and they can work on pay and relegation procedures.

One thing that has hurt us is the pathetic performance by our former conference mates, notably BC and Syracuse. Check out their ACC football records. Except for some early success BC is well below .500. Syracuse has been a disaster too. The football powers in the ACC may just lump us in with them and paint us with the same broad brush. Their BB sucks too, but I think the ACC knows we add big time in that regard.

Not that Va Tech has an argument, but a humorous article nevertheless.

Reaction Score

I mentioned this the other day. Cuse and BC have been a killer for us. They have floundered in the ACC, giving the southern schools fears that we’d do the same.

Reaction Score
I mentioned this the other day. Cuse and BC have been a killer for us. They have floundered in the ACC, giving the southern schools fears that we’d do the same.
Bingo! The difference is that we are in the top 5 BB schools nationally and Pitt, Syra____, BC and LV have been playing the ACC conference version of "Where's Waldo?"

Reaction Score
Ah, but the B12 has balance, something that's lacking in every other power conference. It's a lot more interesting and fulfilling when every member has a reasonable shot at a conference championship and the CFP. Not so in the SEC, B1G, or the ACC, where the disparities between top and bottom are so pronounced.

Reaction Score
Right. I almost feel like Groucho regarding the UConn and the ACC

groucho.jpg

Reaction Score

People are dumb. They should be starting closer to a movie ticket price. it's a new concept! Pick a lower price to get people in and convince them this is a good, fun idea. Plus FB viewers have a lot more opportunities to hit the concession stand than a typical moviegoer.

Reaction Score
People are dumb. They should be starting closer to a movie ticket price. it's a new concept! Pick a lower price to get people in and convince them this is a good, fun idea. Plus FB viewers have a lot more opportunities to hit the concession stand than a typical moviegoer.
People are really dumb. They will actually pay to go sit in a chair in a dark theater to watch a football game. Someone could offer to pay me $100 to go which would cover the cost of concessions and I still wouldn't go near the place.

Reaction Score
People are really dumb. They will actually pay to go sit in a chair in a dark theater to watch a football game. Someone could offer to pay me $100 to go which would cover the cost of concessions and I still wouldn't go near the place.
My guess is the the league will be buying out the theaters to try and create hype. It's obviously an incredible stupid gimmick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom