AAC Tournament Bracket | Page 7 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As it currently stands, we're guaranteed to be between 4-6. If we win out, we claim the four seed. If we lose out, we get the six.

If we win tonight, we're guaranteed to be playing in the 4-5 game on Friday afternoon. Which makes Sunday's game of Tulsa @ SMU huge. The winner of that game gets the top seed in the tournament, and would likely be our semifinals opponent assuming we get past the first game. I'd like to avoid SMU for as long as possible.

There's a very minute RPI difference between beating SMU and losing to X other team and beating Tulsa and losing to SMU. The latter is actually slightly better.

Reaction Score
There's a very minute RPI difference between beating SMU and losing to X other team and beating Tulsa and losing to SMU. The latter is actually slightly better.

I think that's his point. If we can avoid SMU until the finals, then that gives us enough time to piece together another 2-3 top 50 wins. SMU is the one team that can end everything for us, independent of how we play.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Put this on the UC board, figured I'd add it here too (probabilities are from Sagarin predictor):
Screen_Shot_2015_03_06_at_6_13_36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_03_06_at_6_14_24_PM.png

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Put this on the UC board, figured I'd add it here too (probabilities are from Sagarin predictor):
Screen_Shot_2015_03_06_at_6_13_36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_03_06_at_6_14_24_PM.png

Friday times are backwards for the night session

Reaction Score
3/8 Update - green check mark indicates which seeds are set.

View attachment 8725

Last two games within the top 6:
Tulsa @ SMU
Memphis @ Cincinnati

Great job as usual. This bracket represents our destiny and legit hope to be glued to the Selection Sunday announcements with our name in the big bracket. We need every fan that can attend the games to get there if possible.

Reaction Score
Update after Cincinnati beat Memphis:

View attachment 8726

If SMU beats Tulsa, UConn's path to the championship game is USF > Cincinnati > Houston/Tulane/ECU/Tulsa.
The best teams in the conference, in order, are: 1. SMU, 2. Temple, 3. Cincy, 4. Tulsa. If they get by USF, I'd rather get Cincy earlier rather than later. I'm not particularly worried about Tulsa, although we know they can beat us.

4 in 4 is probably too much, considering they haven't won 4 in a row all year. But, if there was a bracket where there is a chance--however remote--this is it.

Reaction Score
The best teams in the conference, in order, are: 1. SMU, 2. Temple, 3. Cincy, 4. Tulsa. If they get by USF, I'd rather get Cincy earlier rather than later. I'm not particularly worried about Tulsa, although we know they can beat us.

4 in 4 is probably too much, considering they haven't won 4 in a row all year. But, if there was a bracket where there is a chance--however remote--this is it.
Agreed regarding the ranking of the teams. I think 4 in 4 is probably too much for this team as well. But what will give me hope all week is we were 4-1 at the XL Center versus the American this year, with Temple being the only loss when Boat didn't play in the 2nd half/OT. If he plays, I think we all agree we would have won that game.

This team never won 4 in a row because they were inconsistent, but also because they were terrible on the road (4-7 overall, 3-6 in conference play). You are never going to be able to put together a winning streak if you can't win some games on the road.

We beat USF, Cincy, Tulsa and SMU in Hartford already this year. For whatever reason, we played great there. We just have to repeat that trend next week.

D

Deleted member 3149

Interesting note: if we do win 4 games in 4 days, it would be our longest win streak of the season

Reaction Score
Unfolds quite favorable a lot like 2011. Fall out of the bye and get to warm up vs a chump team. Play a higher seed we can beat and after that...

and we are UConn dammit. We patented the word possible. Screw the doubters. Our fans need to be amped and ready.

Reaction Score
Against how many teams would UConn be dogs against in Hartford?
SMU, Tulsa, and maybe Temple (with a huge maybe)

1 game at a time. I love this draw.

Reaction Score
Against how many teams would UConn be dogs against in Hartford?
SMU, Tulsa, and maybe Temple (with a huge maybe)

1 game at a time. I love this draw.
UConn was a 1 point dog last week to SMU at home. They would be favored against Tulsa and Temple.

0. Seriously. We were 1 point dogs, then won outright comfortably against SMU. Vegas would shift a bit, probably to pick. Our per poss numbers are still decent and those heavily influence the lines.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Key is gonna be Purvis. If he can play closer to the level he showed against SMU, then we can hang with anybody. If not, then we're probably going one-and-done. I'll be there Friday night; hoping we can put together a good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom