AAC Tournament Bracket | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it has been said a million times, but we need to get the heck out of this conference. Hoping Geremy Davis and Byron Jones performances in the NFL Combine has provided a little push for our football program as conference realignment approaches.

Reaction Score
We need to win out, never know

Funny how Hathaway used the BE bias to get South Fla in when he ran the show a few years ago. We would need some pull from the authorities that be if we won out until the AAC final. I am convinced there is a way to lobby your way in from the outside also. Boise is the team to watch this year. If they are outside the bubble (lose to SDSU on Sat. and lose in MWC final) they would be on the outside looking in BUT....

Reaction Score
With Memphis losing to Tulsa in OT yesterday, and our win today, the standings look like:

fkVg1V8

http://imgur.com/fkVg1V8

Sorry, don't have the tournament bracket made. Thursday looks like a must win to ensure that 1st round bye.

Reaction Score
Here's the update after today's game:

AAC-Tournament-Bracket.png

Remaining games for the top 6:

SMU: Tulsa
Tulsa: Cincinnati, @ SMU
Cincinnati: @ Tulsa, Memphis
Temple: @ East Carolina, UConn
Memphis: @ UConn, @ Cincinnati
Connecticut: Memphis, @ Temple

Reaction Score
Was wondering if we end up tied with Cincy at 3 who has the tiebreaker

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Was wondering if we end up tied with Cincy at 3 who has the tiebreaker
Seems really important, I would bet on SMU taking back over the 1 spot, winning out to steal the 3 seed puts us on the preferred side of the bracket particularly with a hobbled Memphis team less of a threat as the 5.

Reaction Score
Are those times set in stone? I like how that bracket sets up but I would rather be playing in prime time for a better crowd.

D

Deleted member 3149

reminds me of seeing the bracket for the ncaa last year and thinking "we have a chance". 80 minutes until MSG....80 minutes until Dallas....40 minutes until Dallas....80 minutes until #4..................20 minutes until #4......................well, you get the point

Reaction Score
CTBasketball said:
We can beat anyone in Hartford. The crowds will come.

Everyone knows what's at stake. Like at MSG last year. It matters. Will be a madhouse.

Reaction Score
So probably looking like a 4/5 seed gonna buy tickets tomorrow for Friday afternoon games and hope for the best, but won't be terribly disappointed if they end up with the 3 seed

Reaction Score
http://theamerican.org/documents/2015/2/18/TheAmerican-mbbTiebreakers.pdf

It's record vs. the teams in first place in descending order.

Cinci swept SMU so they own the tiebreaker.
So according to that tiebreaker rule (correct me if im wrong) if we win out and Tulsa wins out, we would get the three seed with SMU still on our side of the bracket. And then any other scenario has us at the four or five and SMU at the one, again on our side of the bracket. Aside from us losing both our remaining games and dropping to 6, it looks like we'll have to face SMU in the semifinals either way? I could be wrong its way too late at night to be thinking about this

Reaction Score
So according to that tiebreaker rule (correct me if im wrong) if we win out and Tulsa wins out, we would get the three seed with SMU still on our side of the bracket. And then any other scenario has us at the four or five and SMU at the one, again on our side of the bracket. Aside from us losing both our remaining games and dropping to 6, it looks like we'll have to face SMU in the semifinals either way? I could be wrong its way too late at night to be thinking about this

Well Temple and Cincinnati could both drop their last two games, although that would require Temple losing to ECU on the road and Cincy losing to Memphis at home.

Reaction Score
If RPIWizard is accurate, if UConn wins out in the regular season and then beats Temple and SMU in the first two rounds of the AAC tournament, and loses to Cincinnati or Tulsa in the finals, the RPI would be 36 or 37.

That would be right on the bubble but UConn would have 5 top 50 wins.

If you change any of the Temple, Yale, Texas, or Houston results UConn's RPI jumps to about 30 if the aforementioned AAC tournament scenario plays out.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Tulsa is the top seed. We split. Cinn if they lose to Tulsa, would 0-1 against the top seed.

Is that accurate? Tulsa and Cinn play once this year.
Correct but that still puts us in SMU's bracket.

Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind is that Cincinnati's RPI is currently 51. If they move into the top 50, that gives us four top 50 wins with a chance for a fifth on Saturday. We have things working against us but that would be more than a lot of bubble teams.

Reaction Score
Tulsa is the top seed. We split. Cinn if they lose to Tulsa, would 0-1 against the top seed.

Is that accurate? Tulsa and Cinn play once this year.

When it's an uneven number of games and one team "could have" tied the other had they had the opportunity, then the team is skipped and they go down to the next team. In other words, 2-0 beats 0-1 but 1-1 doesn't beat 0-1 so we would move down to the next team, SMU.

So regardless of how SMU/Tulsa finish, our tiebreaker with Cincy would come down to our records vs SMU, which we would lose. Good news is under this scenario (being tied with Cincy and Tulsa beating SMU to finish No. 1) we'd get the seemingly preferable Temple/Tulsa road to the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom